The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alain Vigneault: A Problem

L'Orange

Alain Vigneault: A Problem  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It could be AV is thinking if we play Luongo while he's hot, we may get a better trade deal.

It could be AV wants Luongo more than Schneider. He always caters to #1 (Luongo).

Schneider should ask for a trade. The fans should ask for a coach.

I've got a few gripes: 1)His general lack of emotion 2) No communication with players during the game. 3) When we're losing, he doesn't really "think on his feet", keeps the lines rolling and puts it on the players to play out of it. He does change lines and systems, sure, but it doesn't seem like he does it during the game, only in hindsight... Maybe he wants to explore things in practice before it counts, but it still bugs me.

BUT: You cannot argue with his record. Best coach in Van history.

What is the issue with Alain Vigneault? Why does he act like such an absolute ass sometimes?

Let's see his great track record of publicly calling his players out and the latest of failing to notify his players of their upcoming games

• Didn't let Cory Schneider know that he wasn't playing tomorrow. Left his starting goaltender completely in the dark, while playing his "back-up" Roberto Luongo

• Stated that Roberto Luongo said he needed a fresh start shortly after the playoff exit

• Stated that Ryan Kesler's injury (the one that required two surgeries) wasn't the reason for his diminished production in 2012

• Stated he was unconvinced that Daniel Sedin had a concussion after the hit from Keith

• Saying that Kesler needs to use his linemates more

Now there are more I am sure of it, but these seem to stand out as amazingly stupid things to say to the press in Vancouver which have been ultra critical of the team themselves. I can only assume that Kesler has no respect for Vigneault anymore, and has tuned him out. Vigneault won the Jack Adams, yes, he is no slouch as a coach.

However, his days as an effective coach in this city are behind him. His coaching style has become predictable and he has lost the ears of his team. I fully believe that various players along with Kesler have tuned him out. Can you blame them?

I'm sure there is a contingent of CDCers that would say that the players should man up and do what the coach says, but when your coach happens to call you out in public vs. going the private meeting route, what respect can you have for that behaviour?

I say that he has this season and this season only to keep his job. Yes he was signed on for two years.......but that hasn't stopped coaches from being given the boot.

I hope he makes the most of it and let's his players in on the gameplan. That and he has to stop chewing all the time.

Kesler does need to use his linemates more. The only thing he was right about. I've been a big AV supporter, but the way he is handling the goalie issue (or actually...creating the issue!) has turned me against him. Nothing short of a Cup will save his job this time, and this team ain't winning no Cup.

I've got a few gripes: 1)His general lack of emotion 2) No communication with players during the game. 3) When we're losing, he doesn't really "think on his feet", keeps the lines rolling and puts it on the players to play out of it. He does change lines and systems, sure, but it doesn't seem like he does it during the game, only in hindsight... Maybe he wants to explore things in practice before it counts, but it still bugs me.

BUT: You cannot argue with his record. Best coach in Van history.

Kesler does need to use his linemates more. The only thing he was right about. I've been a big AV supporter, but the way he is handling the goalie issue (or actually...creating the issue!) has turned me against him. Nothing short of a Cup will save his job this time, and this team ain't winning no Cup.

Well it looks like salad is the clear winner in the poll today. Consider yourself let off the hook this time, Alain.

AV does have the best record of any coach in Canucks history, that is undeniable. Many of his more vocal supporters (cough) lickspittles (cough) have let this be known.

Hopefully he can silence doubters like me by bringing the Cup here. I hope to stand corrected, as I do love this team and want nothing more than to see the Stanley Cup Champions banner high in the rafters. Time will tell.

He is a guy, I am a guy and I say stupid crap all the time.

Even world leaders slip up and say stupid stuff. Big deal.

He handles the media better than I would.

And how many players want to get the hell out of here when their contract is up?

Do you think guys like Edler are going to take a paycut to play for a coach they don't believe in?

We have a tight group this is not an issue

AV changes his system all the time I can't think of a coach better at adaptation.

He makes mistakes like everyone else on this team but overall he has done a pretty good job.

Big freakin' deal. Some decisions are made at game time.

Didn't Lou pretty much say that himself when he said to the press he was willing to waive his NTC?

Kesler did need to use his line mates more. We already knew that. Had he used his line mates his production would have been better. The two are rather connected.

You'll have to prove that one to me. The first time anybody from the team said anything about Daniels injury was AV confirming he had a concussion. Prior to that it was the typical "upper body injury".

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...concussion.html

In summary:

Big deal

AV Spoke the truth

AV Spoke the truth

You got it wrong

I'd say AV is doing better than you. In fact, I'd say you're clutching at straws simply to complain about AV for the pure sake of complaining.

Archived