The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alain Vigneault: A Problem

L'Orange

Alain Vigneault: A Problem  

172 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Firstly, are there sources for ALL of these points.

I know the last one was reported and if he said it I would have to agree, Kesler needed to pass more. It was maybe a psychological kick up the behind to get him "passing"

Secondly, it is hard to fault AV entirely, after all he took us to another PC, despite getting little or nothing from MG with regard to our obvious needs. I think he might have expected more there.

Thirdly, where is his replacement just now and is he available. Maybe MG likes AV BECAUSE he doesn't complain when he /MG doesn't give him more muscle or a bigger intimidating D for now rather than 1,2,3 years down the road.

One thing I would take exception to just now though and I am not sure if he is entirely responsible but I think we should be playing Cory on an almost nightly basis. We know what Lu can do night after night, we only think we know what Cory can do. This could really come back to bite us.

It appears to me watching GCL that there are a number of teams who could use a great goalie like Lu and we are liable to wake up one morning and find he is gone.............and then find out we kept the wrong one.

What is the issue with Alain Vigneault? Why does he act like such an absolute ass sometimes?

Let's see his great track record of publicly calling his players out and the latest of failing to notify his players of their upcoming games

• Didn't let Cory Schneider know that he wasn't playing tomorrow. Left his starting goaltender completely in the dark, while playing his "back-up" Roberto Luongo

Mmmm, spinach salad.......fruit salad.....Caesar salad.....carrot salad.......broccoli salad.... but not egg salad.......

I cannot agree with your opinion, OP......in fact I find it a tad face-palm-worthy but don't want to waste my self-imposed allotted single FPW face palm of the day...sadly,, this being CDC, I'm sure there will be another thread that will edge this one off the top of the face-palm-worthy. list PDQ..

The Canucks don't have a starting goalie its 1 and 1A)

The thing about Kesler and his line mates is completely accurate. That guys ego gets bigger than the team.

Every other thing you said is a management issue not a coaching issue

Vigneault will need to be fired, though, if the Canucks can't win the Stanley Cup this season.

There are many things that irk me about AV, I have never been a fan of his, ever. My first issue was the way he played Linden in 2006-2007.

Anyhow, there's been a lot of annoying things since then that I won't get into. The point is, I've never been a fan, and I wouldn't do things the way AV does usually, but you can't argue with success.

Two presidents trophies

4 49+ win seasons

SCF appearance

only missed the playoffs once and that was with a loser-Nonis team

is he at 4 or 5 NW division titles?

Jack Adams trophy

Under him

Hank has won the Hart

Hank has won the Art Ross

Kesler won the Selke

Luongo + Schneider won a Jennings

Daniel has won a Art Ross