The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] "Jarome Iginla would probably consider ending his career with the Penguins"

The only way it happens if he asks for a deal or Feaster suggests it to him or he walks away as a UFA , Iginla is highly respected in Calgary and if done the right way i belive they would fully understand that his career is nearing an end and that reality is the flames are not serious contenders and respect that he would like one more serious chance at a cup to end his career but to be honest Iggy is so invested in Calgary and its fans ( Like Linden was in Vancouver ) that he just rides it out in Calgary until the end of his career

Bottom 6 usually has bargains available at the deadline; see Lapierre, Max & Higgins, Chris!

Dont count that as a major obstacle (for us either :ph34r: ).

Seconded.

Malkin and Crosby scored lots of points leading up to the finals. But when it came to the hard-checking, winner-take-all final, it was guys like Staal and Talbot that put them over the top. Their bottom-6 is pretty weak now.

That Top 6 is nothing to be scared about. Sure, Crosby and Malkin are top 5 players in the NHL but if they're shut down for a whole series, where will the scoring come from? Teams from the East in my eyes that can shut down not only Crosby, but Malkin at the same time in an entire seven game series are the Boston Bruins and New York Rangers. Otherwise, the Pens would just steamroll over anyone who dares to come in their path.

I never said he was GM, I said he was responsible for drafting Iggy and since he was heavily involved in their scouting department you can bet he had a big say in who to pick. Your point about personal friends divulging info you don't want leaked is noted but how else will this awkward separation get started?

The last few years they've been talking about this. Ownership doesn't want to look like they're pushing him out by asking him to waive the NTC and Iggy doesn't want to look like he's jumping ship thus, rightly or wrongly, tarnishing his legacy.

First of all, Iginla, Bouwmeester and Kiprusoff need to get dealt. That team is an absolute mess. Second of all, Jay Feaster needs to get fired. He's boring and he's an awful GM.

I really think Calgary could use a guy like Brian Burke who has a history of putting some good pieces into place(good draft record and could make hockey exciting there again)

I heard on Team 1040 a while back that the Flames actually lost money last season. If theres one thing Burke's good at, its drawing attention to the team and the brand.

Don't get me wrong, I like Iginla. However I've always thought he was over-rated. He been the go to guy in Calgary for over ten years. Many of those years have been a rather weak Northwest Division (except us).

As for international play, his numbers are padded against teams like Norway and Switzerland.

Just saying.

Don't get me wrong, I like Iginla. However I've always thought he was over-rated. He been the go to guy in Calgary for over ten years. Many of those years have been a rather weak Northwest Division (except us).

As for international play, his numbers are padded against teams like Norway and Switzerland.

Just saying.

Iginla has always been a good player when someone else is doing the work and putting the puck on his stick .. he would thrive with Crosby and/or the Sedins .. ever notice how hard Crosby works versus Jarome? .. alway been over-rated IMHO ..

Archived