54 replies to this topic

#1 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

BOSTON — Many thought Thursday night’s Bruins-Sabres game would begin with some fireworks and controversy. However, it was what happened in the game’s final seconds that has some people talking.

Sabres head coach Lindy Ruff called a timeout with just 13.6 seconds to play and his team leading 7-4. Ruff defended the move by saying he didn’t like having Lane MacDermid, a noted fighter, lined up against one of his own skill guys. So, he called timeout and changed things up, which involved sending John Scott over the bench to keep the peace, so to speak.

“MacDermid was with one of our skill players,” Ruff said after the game. “I didn’t want anything to happen. That’s really what it all was about.”

That didn't go over well with at least one Bruins player.

“Yeah, [Ruff] wants to be a big shot, and that’s not the best play to do,” Brad Marchand said. “That’s pretty disrespectful. If he wants to be like that, that’s fine. We just have to move on.”

LOL got a good laugh at that, this piece of garbage talking about disrespect? Quit whining and take the ass kicking your team got tonight, funny how the Bruins turn into a bunch of whiners when someone like John Scott is on the ice and prevents them from their usual goon tactics.

Edited by Primus099, 01 February 2013 - 03:13 AM.

#2 Vapourstreak

Vapourstreak

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

POPULAR

What a little b*tch.

#3 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

Marchand just seems like one of those guys who always have to have the last word.

He just shouldn't have said anything.

zackass.png

#4 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,611 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

Marchand needs to learn some self awareness. Other guys in the league who play his type of role at least know their role and embrace it. They don't go around preaching to others players about respect. For example I hate guys like Sean Avery but at least he knows his reputation and knows what he's doing.

#5 Scottish⑦Canuck

Scottish⑦Canuck

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

POPULAR

Posted Image

Who nose what goes through that guy's mind...

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck, 01 February 2013 - 04:42 AM.

#6 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

What an a--turd!!!

#7 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,328 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

Posted Image

Who nose what goes through that guy's mind...

::D

#8 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

imagine if claude julien had taken a timeout with 14 seconds left in one of the 4 bruins vs canucks blowouts in the finals. i can understand why they were unhappy, but they should probably be quiet about it
Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#9 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,833 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

imagine if claude julien had taken a timeout with 14 seconds left in one of the 4 bruins vs canucks blowouts in the finals. i can understand why they were unhappy, but they should probably be quiet about it

Yes .. well if our pet goon had ran and injured their goalie, and then mocked our team we would deserve a level of payback .. once Scott destroyed Thorton last night, Charra and Lucic played like the cowards they really are .. fine to be a bully when no one stands up to you .. entirely another matter when you are peeing your pants waiting to get yer arse kicked ..

MIlan Lucic knows he is going to get taken out next game in Buffalo .. I wonder if him and Charra will turn up "sick" for that game? .. they may well hope they had. Personaly, I hope they attend .. I want a front row seat .. this is an object lesson to every team in the League ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#10 crime911

crime911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

at first i was like why is he trying to be douchebag....but now i understand the situation....bruins should now keep quiet and not escalate situation.
Posted Image

#11 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,107 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

Marchand questions why Ruff put Scott on the ice.

Ruff responds: "Because I felt like it".
Posted Image

#12 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,901 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

shouldve said; "because you were on the ice, and I don't like you. Neither does john."

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#13 La Mauviette75

La Mauviette75

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Yes .. well if our pet goon had ran and injured their goalie, and then mocked our team we would deserve a level of payback .. once Scott destroyed Thorton last night, Charra and Lucic played like the cowards they really are .. fine to be a bully when no one stands up to you .. entirely another matter when you are peeing your pants waiting to get yer arse kicked ..

MIlan Lucic knows he is going to get taken out next game in Buffalo .. I wonder if him and Charra will turn up "sick" for that game? .. they may well hope they had. Personaly, I hope they attend .. I want a front row seat .. this is an object lesson to every team in the League ..

lol you sound a little bitter. lucic isn't the bruins pet goon, but yes running miller was really terrible. i don't recall him mocking the sabres in the wake of that incident.in fact what i remember was miller calling him a "piece of sh*t", and him saying ""Obviously he felt like he needed to stick around and say what he said. For me, it's in one ear and out the other. I just move on and focus on what I need to do to continue to help this team be successful."

i didn't see lucic and chara playing like cowards last night, but i only saw part of the game. how were they cowardly? thorton did his job. i seriously doubt he thought he was going to beat a buy that big, his job is to take on goons so more skilled players don't have to, especially in a close game. chara doesn't want to sit 5 mins to fight a useless plug who can hardly skate. i don't understand where you see a problem here. it's not like the bruins have issues sticking up for each other.

by the way, it's not as if this is the first time buffalo and boston have played each other after the incident. they've played a bunch of times.

the first game after the hit, they did go after lucic, and i don't think it's going to happen every game from now on:

http://youtu.be/hQ2v3-XuZWg

lol at the insinuation lucic and chara would pretend to be sick to avoid facing the big bad sabres haha. please...

at first i was like why is he trying to be douchebag....but now i understand the situation....bruins should now keep quiet and not escalate situation.

i agree. i am not sure marchand was aware of what had happened when he was asked about the timeout, but he should have just said no comment (but it's not like he went out and made a random comment about the timeout, he was asked the question).

Edited by La Mauviette75, 01 February 2013 - 09:15 AM.

Posted Image

O Ville Lumière, Sens la chaleur, de notre coeur

#14 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,478 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

Not that we needed further proof that Marchand's an idiot...

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#15 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

I'd say something derogatory about the rat, but it seems it's already been said and done.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#16 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

Marchand cant even tell you who his team captain is, how could we expect a critique of the opponent's coaching tactics.

He's just scared John Scott mike break his (nose) face like he did Shawn Thornton earlier.

P.S. anyone else see Chara COMPLETELY exploited for a few of those goals? On one of them he looked like the mast of a large sail boat twisting under its rigging and slowly collapsing in a somewhat spiraling motion.

Edited by gushybear, 01 February 2013 - 09:58 AM.

July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#17 Teemu Selšnne

Teemu Selšnne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Ruff did it for two reasons.

A. Like he said, to make sure a big guy was on against their goon.

B. To send a message to the Bruins & Sabres, to the Bruins: sure you're a bunch of goons, but JP, CoHo & Vanek are gonna rip you apart with skill.. to the Sabres: These guys can disrespect us by being dirty, we'll disrespect them by annoying them.

#18 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

What a little punk.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,833 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

lol you sound a little bitter. lucic isn't the bruins pet goon, but yes running miller was really terrible. i don't recall him mocking the sabres in the wake of that incident.in fact what i remember was miller calling him a "piece of sh*t", and him saying ""Obviously he felt like he needed to stick around and say what he said. For me, it's in one ear and out the other. I just move on and focus on what I need to do to continue to help this team be successful."

i didn't see lucic and chara playing like cowards last night, but i only saw part of the game. how were they cowardly? thorton did his job. i seriously doubt he thought he was going to beat a buy that big, his job is to take on goons so more skilled players don't have to, especially in a close game. chara doesn't want to sit 5 mins to fight a useless plug who can hardly skate. i don't understand where you see a problem here. it's not like the bruins have issues sticking up for each other.

by the way, it's not as if this is the first time buffalo and boston have played each other after the incident. they've played a bunch of times.

the first game after the hit, they did go after lucic, and i don't think it's going to happen every game from now on:

http://youtu.be/hQ2v3-XuZWg

lol at the insinuation lucic and chara would pretend to be sick to avoid facing the big bad sabres haha. please...

i agree. i am not sure marchand was aware of what had happened when he was asked about the timeout, but he should have just said no comment (but it's not like he went out and made a random comment about the timeout, he was asked the question).

You are like the "Boy In The Bubble" .. I will just leave you there .. please watch the game when Bruins visit Sabers .. Lucic will be invited to dance .. even he is capable of understanding the intent of said invitation .. karma is a canine

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#20 I Got A Boy

I Got A Boy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

gotta be carefull in next time interview!

#21 Christophe

Christophe

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

What a surprise?

Marchand can't take getting an ass whooping.

Instead of trying to play a hard fought game next time they face, he has to go talk trash because he's butt hurt that his goon team got smoked.

#22 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Ruff did it for two reasons.

A. Like he said, to make sure a big guy was on against their goon.

B. To send a message to the Bruins & Sabres, to the Bruins: sure you're a bunch of goons, but JP, CoHo & Vanek are gonna rip you apart with skill.. to the Sabres: These guys can disrespect us by being dirty, we'll disrespect them by annoying them.

AV needs to do the same thing.
Posted Image

#23 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

Posted Image

I'm no fan of Lindy Ruff but I'd love to hear that response! It's no secret how I feel about Ratboy, he really needs to learn to shut up and just nibble on his cheese while the world's smallest violin plays softly in the background..

+1

I'll take that seat beside you in the front row. :)

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 02 February 2013 - 11:36 AM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#24 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,258 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Marchand needs to have his mouth sewn shut.
The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my book. Go Canucks Go!
Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#25 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Right, because if Ruff puts Scott on the ice against the Sedins with 10 seconds left it would be fine with all you hypocrites here. Pathetic.

#26 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

Right, because if Ruff puts Scott on the ice against the Sedins with 10 seconds left it would be fine with all you hypocrites here. Pathetic.

:lol:

You think Scott is needed to keep the peace when the twins are on the ice???

Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#27 Rink on Renfrew

Rink on Renfrew

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Huh?

Nice job trying to burn our fanbase. It'd work better if you actually understood what happend at the end of the game. Most likely your understanding of the game of hockey, is rather limited.

Ratboy's a small shot in my books. Isn't he only a few years into his career? Calling out coaches, what a weasel.

#28 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,733 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

You think Scott is needed to keep the peace when the twins are on the ice???

That's going under the assumption that Scott can catch up the the Sedins' skating abilities.

#29 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

are you retarded? he put Scott on the ice because Boston had some AHL plug who's known for fighting lined up with one of Buffalo's skilled players

#30 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

Why do Bruins fans make accounts here? I don't understand.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.