The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marchand calls Lindy Ruff a "big shot" lol

Primus099

BOSTON — Many thought Thursday night’s Bruins-Sabres game would begin with some fireworks and controversy. However, it was what happened in the game’s final seconds that has some people talking.

Sabres head coach Lindy Ruff called a timeout with just 13.6 seconds to play and his team leading 7-4. Ruff defended the move by saying he didn’t like having Lane MacDermid, a noted fighter, lined up against one of his own skill guys. So, he called timeout and changed things up, which involved sending John Scott over the bench to keep the peace, so to speak.

“MacDermid was with one of our skill players,” Ruff said after the game. “I didn’t want anything to happen. That’s really what it all was about.”

That didn't go over well with at least one Bruins player.

“Yeah, [Ruff] wants to be a big shot, and that’s not the best play to do,” Brad Marchand said. “That’s pretty disrespectful. If he wants to be like that, that’s fine. We just have to move on.”

LOL got a good laugh at that, this piece of garbage talking about disrespect? Quit whining and take the ass kicking your team got tonight, funny how the Bruins turn into a bunch of whiners when someone like John Scott is on the ice and prevents them from their usual goon tactics.

Marchand needs to learn some self awareness. Other guys in the league who play his type of role at least know their role and embrace it. They don't go around preaching to others players about respect. For example I hate guys like Sean Avery but at least he knows his reputation and knows what he's doing.

Yes .. well if our pet goon had ran and injured their goalie, and then mocked our team we would deserve a level of payback .. once Scott destroyed Thorton last night, Charra and Lucic played like the cowards they really are .. fine to be a bully when no one stands up to you .. entirely another matter when you are peeing your pants waiting to get yer arse kicked ..

MIlan Lucic knows he is going to get taken out next game in Buffalo .. I wonder if him and Charra will turn up "sick" for that game? .. they may well hope they had. Personaly, I hope they attend .. I want a front row seat .. this is an object lesson to every team in the League ..

Marchand cant even tell you who his team captain is, how could we expect a critique of the opponent's coaching tactics.

He's just scared John Scott mike break his (nose) face like he did Shawn Thornton earlier.

P.S. anyone else see Chara COMPLETELY exploited for a few of those goals? On one of them he looked like the mast of a large sail boat twisting under its rigging and slowly collapsing in a somewhat spiraling motion.

Ruff did it for two reasons.

A. Like he said, to make sure a big guy was on against their goon.

B. To send a message to the Bruins & Sabres, to the Bruins: sure you're a bunch of goons, but JP, CoHo & Vanek are gonna rip you apart with skill.. to the Sabres: These guys can disrespect us by being dirty, we'll disrespect them by annoying them.

lol you sound a little bitter. lucic isn't the bruins pet goon, but yes running miller was really terrible. i don't recall him mocking the sabres in the wake of that incident.in fact what i remember was miller calling him a "piece of sh*t", and him saying ""Obviously he felt like he needed to stick around and say what he said. For me, it's in one ear and out the other. I just move on and focus on what I need to do to continue to help this team be successful."

i didn't see lucic and chara playing like cowards last night, but i only saw part of the game. how were they cowardly? thorton did his job. i seriously doubt he thought he was going to beat a buy that big, his job is to take on goons so more skilled players don't have to, especially in a close game. chara doesn't want to sit 5 mins to fight a useless plug who can hardly skate. i don't understand where you see a problem here. it's not like the bruins have issues sticking up for each other.

by the way, it's not as if this is the first time buffalo and boston have played each other after the incident. they've played a bunch of times.

the first game after the hit, they did go after lucic, and i don't think it's going to happen every game from now on:

lol at the insinuation lucic and chara would pretend to be sick to avoid facing the big bad sabres haha. please...

i agree. i am not sure marchand was aware of what had happened when he was asked about the timeout, but he should have just said no comment (but it's not like he went out and made a random comment about the timeout, he was asked the question).

Archived