172 replies to this topic

#1 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Where can I watch it? A buncha people on my facebook says he seems pissed off in his latest interview, I couldn't find it on Canucks TV or w.e though.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#2 Sanford

Sanford

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,423 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:26 AM

It was on team 1040 and he did sound rather pissed.
Posted Image

#3 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

POPULAR

Don't get why he feels so entitled, he's a goalie with 50 games under his belt compared to a future hall of famer

#4 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

POPULAR

Don't get why he feels so entitled, he's a goalie with 50 games under his belt compared to a future hall of famer

Well he did sign a contract that should be fit for a number 1 goalie, and I'd say he's been pretty patient over the years waiting for his spot and this was supposed to be his year as a number 1 finally, so I can see why he would be somewhat pissed off. Lu is just playing too good not to play him though.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#5 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,788 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:32 AM

POPULAR

I'd be pissed off too.

And if Luongo doesnt get traded, I can see Schneider asking for a trade.

It isn't fair for either one of those goalies to be a backup while teams like Toronto (and others) don't even have a starter

Edited by Henrik Sedin, 01 February 2013 - 11:33 AM.

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#6 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,332 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

POPULAR

Cause you're a blind Lou lover and make a stupid comment regarding such everytime a goalie is mentioned. There is a tonne of media reports on the situation. Don't know how you missed it.

Edited by Dogbyte, 01 February 2013 - 01:26 PM.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#7 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

POPULAR

Anger is good. It will lead to a fierce competition between the 2 resulting in both pitching endless shutouts.

#8 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

POPULAR

It'd be pretty annoying if your predecessor had numerous chances to play every night even if he had an bad game previously for years--then you get your shot as a starter finally after a long time, much longer than most goalies to finally earn your spot--and you don't get remotely the same courtesy.

I'm not saying we shouldn't play the hot goalie, just pointing out that Luongo was on a way, way longer leash. From Schneider's perspective, he's understandably irritated at the situation since he isn't being treated the same way. I'm sure he gets 10000 questions a day about the situation too so that's probably annoying as well. He'll get over it though, he's a professional.

#9 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,895 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

Don't know why he's getting pissed about it publicly - just causes a rift on the team.

Also, he's getting paid the same amount whether he plays or not.
It's still the beginning of the season - does he want to end up like COHO?

What happened to "doing whatever's best for the team"...oh wait...I think Luongo said that....

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#10 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Lets feel sorry for Schneider, it's not his fault he's getting outplayed.

#11 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,930 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

I can't help but think that gmmg is in too deep and ticked alot.of teams off with this luongo trade saga. there's noooooo way that there is as.much interest as he says there is and a deal.hasn't been made yet. now his options are low return for lu, have a really expensive door opener, or lose out on a young up and coming goaltender.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#12 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

Luongo a future hall of famer? Unless he has a few more years where he put up unreal numbers and earns some hardware not likely.

Well he did sign a contract that should be fit for a number 1 goalie, and I'd say he's been pretty patient over the years waiting for his spot and this was supposed to be his year as a number 1 finally, so I can see why he would be somewhat pissed off. Lu is just playing too good not to play him though.

I wouldnt go as far as saying luongo has been playing to good. Luongo has better stats this year but has also played teams that have been struggling to score, Luongo hasn't stood on his head, he hasn't stole us a game, he's just play ok. Cory besided the first game has done exactly the same. hasn't stood on his head, he hasn't stole us a game, he's just play ok. The only reason luongo is getting the start is simply because of his SO. just like when cory played back to back games after ANH. If canucks would have won 4-2 or even lost 1-0 schneider would have been in net

#13 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,825 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

Anyway we all know Lou is going to get killed tonight against Chicago.

Schneider will play the next three.

#14 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Any way I can hear the interview? Or do they have to put it up still?

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#15 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

What happens if he does get blown out tonight. I hope we don't, but say we loose 5-1. Not only will people be calling for the head of luongo but will his trade value weaken.

#16 Touchet

Touchet

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

POPULAR

Woah, settle down Mr. Optimist. You wouldn't want to spill your coffee mug this morning seeing as it's clearly half full, would you?

Edited by Touchet, 01 February 2013 - 12:18 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image Prestige Worldwide - GM of the Pittsburgh Penguins

#17 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

What happens if he does get blown out tonight. I hope we don't, but say we loose 5-1. Not only will people be calling for the head of luongo but will his trade value weaken.

You really have no idea (I would say you're really dumb but that's apparently against the rules now) but even if Lu got chased tonight it wouldn't really effect his trade value. He's been an Elite goalie for a long time and his trade changes because of 1 game against Chicago?

#18 CCCP

CCCP

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Todays plan is simple. Lou has to fight to Keith. Nothing to lose.

#19 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

POPULAR

You guys think he is mad at Luongo and AV or mad at the media for blowing this crap out of proportion.

I don't mind the idea of keeping the 2 goalies but you have to admit this media circus would wear on a guy.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#20 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:13 PM

I'm pretty sure he's more mad at the media for constantly trying to stir up controversy or asking the same questions each and every game. I don't think he's actually mad that Loungo got the start. He seems more frustrated at having to face the same questions over and over and over again.

#21 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

POPULAR

Maybe he was pissed because of what MG said yesterday when he admitted trading Cory was a possibility.

Talk about $#@ with a guys head.

#22 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,825 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:18 PM

Maybe he was pissed because of what MG said yesterday when he admitted trading Cory was a possibility.

Talk about $#@ with a guys head.

True, MG and AV love to play head games with this team, I don't see how it's not distracting, they're not going to come out and say it to the media...

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#23 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

In the same interview Schneids also said he was well aware that this scenario could play out like this so I don't for one second believe that Gillis did not have the same conversation with both Lui and Schneids about the possibility of this happening.

Schneids is just pissed off at himself for not taking advantage of the situation right now. He knows he's the goalie going forward but he's just disappointed and showing his competitive nature while still being the good teammate.

Meanwhile, Lui is loving this from the standpoint that he knows he's playing with house money so no pressure on him...he's just having fun. I remember his prophetic comments during the one week training camp where he made the analogy to his Olympic gold medal performance and how he'd come into that situation as the back-up and that we all know how that ended up. I figured right then and there that Lui was going to be focussed to not give up his starting position that easily.

Edited by MJDDawg, 01 February 2013 - 12:20 PM.

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#24 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,895 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Luongo a future hall of famer? Unless he has a few more years where he put up unreal numbers and earns some hardware not likely.

I wouldnt go as far as saying luongo has been playing to good. Luongo has better stats this year but has also played teams that have been struggling to score, Luongo hasn't stood on his head, he hasn't stole us a game, he's just play ok. Cory besided the first game has done exactly the same. hasn't stood on his head, he hasn't stole us a game, he's just play ok. The only reason luongo is getting the start is simply because of his SO. just like when cory played back to back games after ANH. If canucks would have won 4-2 or even lost 1-0 schneider would have been in net

He has the second most shutouts and wins career wise among active players...should be in the top 3 all time when his career finishes...does that mean every goalie below him shouldn't be a hall of famer?

To be honest, I don't know why Luongo is getting the start tonight - doesn't make sense based on how the season has played out and what we (fans/media) see as to how the Canucks were rotating their goalies...

Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#25 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

I am personally annoyed at the media so I would not be shocked if our goalies are mad at the media, I did not hear the interview in question but on the news last night they played a small clip of Schenids being interviewed and asked him about Lu starting tonight, he said he was fine with it but did look really annoyed, but I think it was probably more because the media is being stupid and won't drop it! Sadly I don't think they will until Lu is traded which I don't want to happen till the off season, I think it is in the teams best interest to play both goalies, and play whoever is having a hot streak, then when that streak ends go with the other goalie. Its a short season this year and we do need to make the playoffs before we can make an actual run at the cup. I think it is possible for the Canucks to do this but I think it will provide us with a better chance by having both goal tenders. I think the last few games have shown us that we are getting more secondary scoring from other players. It also looks like the Sedins are getting better with every game, sure they aren't an offense fire house like usual but its still early in the season. Also if Kassian keeps playing like he has been it would really help things.

m8itzp.jpg
Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#26 Display Name

Display Name

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

What happened to "doing whatever's best for the team"...oh wait...I think Luongo said that....

You are a Lallu.
Believe in Schneider.

#27 CrazyAL

CrazyAL

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

*giggle* I can't say I don't agree with your prediction, but for the sake of drama I'd love to see him play lights out.

#28 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Lets feel sorry for Schneider, it's not his fault he's getting outplayed.

Actually, their Sp are about the same since the first game. Lou has not faced the same quality of shots but has made some great saves. Cory is still better and inspires more confidence in the team IMO. The
Chicago game will tell us more about Lou's improvement because they know how to exploit him.

#29 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,895 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

You are a Lallu.

:picard:

Posted Image

#30 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,526 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

POPULAR

As a long-time fan, all I can do is laugh at this situation and how the fans and media are taking it.

We've had virtually nothing but crap for goaltending for decades, and now we have this supposed 'problem' involving having too much quality goaltending?

"OMG! We're messing with their heads! Meanwhile they're both playing awesomely! Aaaiieeee! Jump off the Lions Gate!"

Hahahahaha.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.