The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider Interview

Erik Karlsson

It'd be pretty annoying if your predecessor had numerous chances to play every night even if he had an bad game previously for years--then you get your shot as a starter finally after a long time, much longer than most goalies to finally earn your spot--and you don't get remotely the same courtesy.

I'm not saying we shouldn't play the hot goalie, just pointing out that Luongo was on a way, way longer leash. From Schneider's perspective, he's understandably irritated at the situation since he isn't being treated the same way. I'm sure he gets 10000 questions a day about the situation too so that's probably annoying as well. He'll get over it though, he's a professional.

Don't know why he's getting pissed about it publicly - just causes a rift on the team.

Also, he's getting paid the same amount whether he plays or not.

It's still the beginning of the season - does he want to end up like COHO?

What happened to "doing whatever's best for the team"...oh wait...I think Luongo said that....

I can't help but think that gmmg is in too deep and ticked alot.of teams off with this luongo trade saga. there's noooooo way that there is as.much interest as he says there is and a deal.hasn't been made yet. now his options are low return for lu, have a really expensive door opener, or lose out on a young up and coming goaltender.

I'm pretty sure he's more mad at the media for constantly trying to stir up controversy or asking the same questions each and every game. I don't think he's actually mad that Loungo got the start. He seems more frustrated at having to face the same questions over and over and over again.

Archived