The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider Interview

Erik Karlsson

Well he did sign a contract that should be fit for a number 1 goalie, and I'd say he's been pretty patient over the years waiting for his spot and this was supposed to be his year as a number 1 finally, so I can see why he would be somewhat pissed off. Lu is just playing too good not to play him though.

Luongo a future hall of famer? Unless he has a few more years where he put up unreal numbers and earns some hardware not likely.

I wouldnt go as far as saying luongo has been playing to good. Luongo has better stats this year but has also played teams that have been struggling to score, Luongo hasn't stood on his head, he hasn't stole us a game, he's just play ok. Cory besided the first game has done exactly the same. hasn't stood on his head, he hasn't stole us a game, he's just play ok. The only reason luongo is getting the start is simply because of his SO. just like when cory played back to back games after ANH. If canucks would have won 4-2 or even lost 1-0 schneider would have been in net

I am personally annoyed at the media so I would not be shocked if our goalies are mad at the media, I did not hear the interview in question but on the news last night they played a small clip of Schenids being interviewed and asked him about Lu starting tonight, he said he was fine with it but did look really annoyed, but I think it was probably more because the media is being stupid and won't drop it! Sadly I don't think they will until Lu is traded which I don't want to happen till the off season, I think it is in the teams best interest to play both goalies, and play whoever is having a hot streak, then when that streak ends go with the other goalie. Its a short season this year and we do need to make the playoffs before we can make an actual run at the cup. I think it is possible for the Canucks to do this but I think it will provide us with a better chance by having both goal tenders. I think the last few games have shown us that we are getting more secondary scoring from other players. It also looks like the Sedins are getting better with every game, sure they aren't an offense fire house like usual but its still early in the season. Also if Kassian keeps playing like he has been it would really help things.

As a long-time fan, all I can do is laugh at this situation and how the fans and media are taking it.

We've had virtually nothing but crap for goaltending for decades, and now we have this supposed 'problem' involving having too much quality goaltending?

"OMG! We're messing with their heads! Meanwhile they're both playing awesomely! Aaaiieeee! Jump off the Lions Gate!"

Hahahahaha.

As a long-time fan, all I can do is laugh at this situation and how the fans and media are taking it.

We've had virtually nothing but crap for goaltending for decades, and now we have this supposed 'problem' involving having too much quality goaltending?

"OMG! We're messing with their heads! Meanwhile they're both playing awesomely! Aaaiieeee! Jump off the Lions Gate!"

Hahahahaha.

This is based on the San Jose lost that you say he hasn't deserved playing? I think the whole team defensively wasn't good. You've seen the giveaways right?

I'm fine with either goalie playing at this point. I haven't seen enough games to say none of them deserve playing.

Archived