57 replies to this topic

#31 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

Is it bad that I want to own that signed picture more then any other? If I could get it for under $300 I would be all over it. Hang it over my fireplace and one day when I am old and wrinkly sitting in my living room wearing nothing but Speedos that are too small, I will point to it and say "now thats how you used to win the cup back in my day"

#32 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

Thats murica for ya

Posted Image

#33 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

Brutal. This is hard to believe.

I used to be a fan of the guy since he played with the Giants, and has remarkably overachieved as an NHLer.

For the most part I have always given he guy the benefit of the doubt, but I find it almost incomprehensible that any NHLer would stoop so low.

#34 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Brutal. This is hard to believe.

I used to be a fan of the guy since he played with the Giants, and has remarkably overachieved as an NHLer.

For the most part I have always given he guy the benefit of the doubt, but I find it almost incomprehensible that any NHLer would stoop so low.

Yeah, imagine someone stooped so low as to benefit a charity.

Posted Image

Vintage Canuck's #1 Supporter

#35 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Is it bad that I want to own that signed picture more then any other? If I could get it for under $300 I would be all over it. Hang it over my fireplace and one day when I am old and wrinkly sitting in my living room wearing nothing but Speedos that are too small, I will point to it and say "now thats how you used to win the cup back in my day"

Amen

Posted Image

#36 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,280 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

POPULAR

ugh

If the situations were reversed, you would have a problem with the Canucks doing it. I know you said you wouldn't, but you are only saying that because the Bruins did it first. People like you will always look at the Bruins actions first, and then make up some reasons at to why it is okay.

This is a signed picture of Lucic giving Miller a concussion. It is signed by him. But it's okay because he might donate a couple hundred dollars to charity? No. It isn't. You think it's okay because you are driven to piss off Canuck fans in any way possible.

The ends do not justify the means.

What if Bertuzzi signed a picture of him punching Moore in the back of the head, and auctioned it off for a thousand dollars? You would probably say, "Typical Canucks."

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#37 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,871 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Me thinks you know a great deal about stooping .. stand up straight and take it like a man .. :P

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#38 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,671 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

ugh

If the situations were reversed, you would have a problem with the Canucks doing it. I know you said you wouldn't, but you are only saying that because the Bruins did it first. People like you will always look at the Bruins actions first, and then make up some reasons at to why it is okay.

This is a signed picture of Lucic giving Miller a concussion. It is signed by him. But it's okay because he might donate a couple hundred dollars to charity? No. It isn't. You think it's okay because you are driven to piss off Canuck fans in any way possible.

The ends do not justify the means.

What if Bertuzzi signed a picture of him punching Moore in the back of the head, and auctioned it off for a thousand dollars? You would probably say, "Typical Canucks."

This.

#39 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,162 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

I'd totally buy that.

aXmDa9t.gif

#40 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Posted Image

signed by John Scott?

#41 sixwings

sixwings

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,278 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

POPULAR

Are you stupid? Why THIS picture? Why not a picture of Lucic lifting the cup? Or scoring a goal?

Why the frack would they auction off a picture of lucic giving another player a concussion? Bragging about giving a concussion under the pretense of charity is disgusting.
Posted Image

#42 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Are you stupid? Why THIS picture? Why not a picture of Lucic lifting the cup? Or scoring a goal?

Why the frack would they auction off a picture of lucic giving another player a concussion? Bragging about giving a concussion under the pretense of charity is disgusting.

+1

The Lance Armstrong way.........douchebaggery is acceptable if you donate to charity. :lol:
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#43 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

Having heard Jack Edwards' biased commentary and seen the way Julien defends the team, I'm less surprised that this happened than I should be.

In response, someone needs to broadcast these in their stadium and hire alternating crowds to chant, "Bru-in bull!" and "Wake up Boston!" This franchise's fans need to WAKE UP!

When neutral media comes together to criticize your team for its actions you know you've ****ed up!

EDIT: If those videos in the stadium don't get the job done, to give them their own medicine someone needs to find all the times Chara gets decked on YouTube, Chara getting beat down by Neil, Marchand getting decked by Subban, etc. Boy what a mess of a franchise

You do realize that these vids were chopped together by a Canucks fan, and not comedy central?
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#44 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,192 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

If he wanted to benefit a charity, he'd donate the money himself like a decent person would.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#45 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Having heard Jack Edwards' biased commentary and seen the way Julien defends the team, I'm less surprised that this happened than I should be.

In response, someone needs to broadcast these in their stadium and hire alternating crowds to chant, "Bru-in bull!" and "Wake up Boston!" This franchise's fans need to WAKE UP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npn0dyhSyr0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbShxQyu1gM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_349993&feature=iv&src_vid=wbShxQyu1gM&v=pfzQVVB10QE

When neutral media comes together to criticize your team for its actions you know you've ****ed up!

EDIT: If those videos in the stadium don't get the job done, to give them their own medicine someone needs to find all the times Chara gets decked on YouTube, Chara getting beat down by Neil, Marchand getting decked by Subban, etc. Boy what a mess of a franchise

You know those videos aren't real right? They're fan made.

You forgot the asterisk.
Posted Image
I'd totally buy a copy of that signed by Gary Bettman and Colin Campbell.

Why the asterisk? Is it another one of those conspiracy theories? What's your argument here, that Bettman and Campbell paid the Canuck players to not show up in the finals, and then paid the refs to give the Canucks significantly more power play time throughout the series as a cover up? Strange logic if so.

#46 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

I don't see an issue, if it was for personal gain there would be an issue with both pictures but there is nothing wrong with benefiting the less fortunate.

and you think the person that purchases it won't sell it for more money?
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#47 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,501 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

You know those videos aren't real right? They're fan made.

They're still pretty flippin' fantastic.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#48 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,154 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

Pronger said the Bruins were the most disrespectful org. In the league.

Posted Image

...Stay classy, Boston!
Posted Image

#49 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Rather than have three threads on the first page of General Hockey Discussion whining about various Bruins why not just pin a thread and call it something like "all purpose Bruins hate thread". Maybe make one for the Hawks as well while you're at it. It could save valuable bandwidth.

#50 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,154 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

Rather than have three threads on the first page of General Hockey Discussion  whining about various Bruins why not just pin a thread and call it something like "all purpose Bruins hate thread". Maybe make one for the Hawks as well while you're at it. It could save valuable bandwidth.

While we're at it, why not make a thread for whiners to whine about there being too many threads?

I, for one, found this thread interesting. Concussing a goaltender in a helpless position is bad enough, but memoralizing it on a plaque and signing it as a collector's item just is the ultimate in NHL douchebaggery.
Posted Image

#51 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Confirmed..he is.

#52 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:53 PM

Classy, as usual.

RIP LB RR PD

#53 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

I hate the Bruins because they're in our division, but their players are undeniably effective at what they do.

Who cares if Lucic signed it, it's a charity auction for Christ's sake, it's not like the money is going into the Bruin's pockets.

You guys are up in arms about this team contributing to a charitable cause, it's ludicrous.

It's not like the charity is losing money if they didn't use that picture... they would simply replace it with a different one.
Every team has many awesome golden moments, i.e. Tiger William's riding the stick or Trevor Linden and Kirk Mclean.
There is no need to have the Lucic hit on Miller held for auction.

Linden and Mclean:
Posted Image

Pavel Bure:
Posted Image

#54 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Typical Bruins. Classless idiots

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#55 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

They're still pretty flippin' fantastic.

No disagreement here, they were very well done. I honestly thought they were real the first time I watched them too.

#56 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

It's not like the charity is losing money if they didn't use that picture... they would simply replace it with a different one.
Every team has many awesome golden moments, i.e. Tiger William's riding the stick or Trevor Linden and Kirk Mclean.
There is no need to have the Lucic hit on Miller held for auction.

Linden and Mclean:
Posted Image

Pavel Bure:
Posted Image

Or, use the one that you think they could have replaced it with in addition to the picture that you think should be replaced. Different types of fans will pay money for different things. The type of fan that would pay money for this picture is likely not the classiest fan out there, but it's still money going to charity that wouldn't have gone there otherwise.

If this was any reason other than for charity I'd have a problem with it, but if it made them more money than it would have otherwise I'm fine with it.

Confirmed..he is.

Yeah man, that's great. Personally attack somebody's intelligence for having a different opinion than you. You really think this was the only picture they were selling to raise money for charity? I'm sure they had plenty of big signed celebratory pictures that they sold in addition to this one, but like I said different fans will buy different things. They're covering all the bases to maximize the amount of money they make for charity. That's just smart fundraising.

Edited by Kyosama, 05 February 2013 - 09:40 PM.

#57 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

Next time Boston is in town, The Canucks should auction off a framed picture of this...

Posted Image

Signed by Rome of course.

My nomination for post of the year.
Beautiful.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#58 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:24 PM

Posted Image

signed by John Scott?

Love it.

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.