The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(GDT) Chicago Wolves @ Milwaukee Admirals - 2/1/13, 5:00PM PST

NuxFan09

The Wolves will be playing tonight for the first time in a week due to the AHL All-Star break. It'll be a tough game, as they're up against Milwaukee's workhorse goalie Jeremy Smith, who leads the AHL in games and minutes played, shots against and saves, and sports a 2.40 GAA and .919 Save%. Seems the Admirals rely on a great goalie the way their parent team, the Predators, relies on Pekka Rinne.

Hoping to see another great game from some Canucks prospects who have excelled lately, like Joe Cannata and Peter Andersson. It would also be nice to see Kevin Connauton start to heat up and Alex Friesen get his first pro goal.

I'll be watching the first part of this game before the Canucks game starts, for sure!

Gotta love Friday's! Besides any Canucks game that happens to land on a Friday, you've got most of the Canucks' prospects in action. There are AHL games on Fridays, college games, major junior games and quite often games in Europe, although this time around our Swedish prospects played yesterday and will play again tomorrow.

Anyway, nothing from Jason Shaver on Twitter yet about lineups or the starting goalie. There isn't even a game preview on the Wolves website, which I find pretty amateur.

Wolves on the PP now.

2nd unit is currently on the ice, which consists of Archibald - Kattelus - Davies down low and Matheson-Connauton on the point.

Kattelus scores HIS first AHL goal now! It was the result of a flurry of chances in front of the Milwaukee goalie after a big Connauton slapper.

5-0 Wolves.

Wolves to the PP again. Unfortunately, the Admirals score shorthanded right away. Mark Van Guilder got the goal, I think, from Kevin Henderson.

Two, three more shorthanded chances for the Admirals but Cannata stays strong in net. Sloppy PP for the Wolves, to say the least.

Archived