The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins look to snap rare streak

bure's triple deke

I go through great lengths to defend the Sedins, but they haven't been up to par compared to previous years. I do hope they pick it up though. Watching the games, the Sedins gave next to no effort in the recent games (LAK, SJS, EDM). Even if they are producing at a PPG pace, they aren't doing it in a manner that's appeasing to watch. I want the Sedins that only stay in the offensive zone the entire shift that I'm so accustomed to seeing.

I go through great lengths to defend the Sedins, but they haven't been up to par compared to previous years. I do hope they pick it up though. Watching the games, the Sedins gave next to no effort in the recent games (LAK, SJS, EDM). Even if they are producing at a PPG pace, they aren't doing it in a manner that's appeasing to watch. I want the Sedins that only stay in the offensive zone the entire shift that I'm so accustomed to seeing.

i didnt say sedins sucked i just said that there play is somewhat predictable, we as a team havent scored that much since end of last yrs reg season. Higgins hasnt got a goal in a yr. Notice on power play they take point shots so far out, i dont knw why they dont play more of a ubrella like system skate in a few more feet, take a shot. Have kassian get more tip ins, rebound ugly goals, our last two games we havent had a shot on 3 two man advantages no one sees this as a problem. we are averaging 2 goals a game or less get pucks on net, try for more rebound goals i see the problem as more a coaching failure than the players. we gave up leads to oilers lost in shoot out gave up lead to calgary won in shootout lost 3rd period in a lost in shootout. Im not sure i like my team losing leads ever game. When keslers back things will be better. Love schroeder and kassian young guns ripping it up

I hope lineup is lie ths when kes is back

sedin sedin kassian

burrows schroeder kesler rookie can set up burrows and kes seeing both like to score more than pass

booth lapps hansen

raymond higgins weise

manny

hamhuis edler

bieska garrison

ballard tanev

at least until gillis gets rid of our extra players like alberts just sittng in press box

Anyone who plays sports knows that sometimes your timing is off and sometimes it's on. As far as being predictable goes, they've been predictable for years. They excel at finding each other, cycling the puck, getting to open ice and making creative plays. Predictable, yes, just like other great hockey players are predictable. Doesn't mean you can stop them. Secondary scoring or no, when they're dialed in, they can't be contained by the best defense on any other team. Soon enough they'll get back to dominating the o-zone and, at the risk of sounding like a douche, I'll be there to dig up all these old posts just to say I told you so.

There is no substitute for the kind of skill and chemistry the Sedins have. Imo we haven't seen the best of them always in the Playoffs because they need a big body up there beside them and that, till now, allowed them to be targeted.

With Kassian's vast improvement I think they just need a wee bit of time to find their feet. It's been a strange season and I think you would have to be naive to think they are not due to spark soon. Also maybe it's good that others are forced to contribute more and take more responsibility.

You must be joking. He cycles as well, if not better than Burrows did. He's actually stronger along the boards and can fend off his opponents. We're not noticing them because Zack's been doing most of the scoring... courtesy of their passing. Watch for one or both of them to score tonight. Calling it.

Archived