#62 Pyrene

Pyrene

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

I guess you only look at stats and not watch the game eh

I go through great lengths to defend the Sedins, but they haven't been up to par compared to previous years. I do hope they pick it up though. Watching the games, the Sedins gave next to no effort in the recent games (LAK, SJS, EDM). Even if they are producing at a PPG pace, they aren't doing it in a manner that's appeasing to watch. I want the Sedins that only stay in the offensive zone the entire shift that I'm so accustomed to seeing.

#63 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

I go through great lengths to defend the Sedins, but they haven't been up to par compared to previous years. I do hope they pick it up though. Watching the games, the Sedins gave next to no effort in the recent games (LAK, SJS, EDM). Even if they are producing at a PPG pace, they aren't doing it in a manner that's appeasing to watch. I want the Sedins that only stay in the offensive zone the entire shift that I'm so accustomed to seeing.

You fail at trolling. Sedins are still in prime. Hate all you want, we all know what stats to expect at the end of the season.

Edited by Clonedanielsedin, 02 February 2013 - 01:55 AM.

#64 Captain Hindsight

Captain Hindsight

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:01 AM

Sedin's are awesome, and will be awesome for years to come.

Don't breed.

That is all.

#65 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

Kassian has 5 goals thanks to? :emot-parrot:

His offensive awareness ::D

#66 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:16 AM

henrik had 3 hits , chicago in total had 6

i thought both looked good , didnt henrik knock down keith ? lol

Well said. There is more to a hockey game then just getting goals. I also couldn't believe people getting down on Burrow's play tonight in the PGT. I couldn't even respond to them because obviously they only think scoring goals is a measure of a players worth. Burrows was clutch all night, forcing turnovers, grinding non stop and playing better D then Edler. More then 1 PK tonight belongs soley in Burrow's pocket. Henrik was a beast too and if Daniel was 0.2 seconds slower on two different passes he barely overskated, there wouldn't have even been an overtime. Right now they are both drinking a cold beer talking about how great they played.

#67 Power Fist

Power Fist

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

Here's a wild thought. Maybe it's Kassian? Put burrows back with them for a bit to rejuvenate their game. Kassian has played well don't get me wrong but who doesn't when between those two.

I'm just sayin'.

2008.jpg

Linden and Benning. I have Faith

#68 schneider

schneider

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

What about Higgins? He has been invisible out there. I have yet to notice him offensively all year.

Edit: I think Schroeder should move up to the 2nd line.

Daniel-Henrik-Kassian
Burrows-Schroeder-Raymond
Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen
Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Agree, he's earned a chance on it.

#69 EveILL

EveILL

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

Hey I am not saying they are "on their game" right now.. but seeing some hits and aggressive behaviour per the usual passive stuff, makes me think things are on the turn. And if the Sedins are the ones to point it out, good on them. Means they're on board. Clearly being passive aggressive doesnt work here. A player can repeatedly get punched in the face and no call. So time to change 'er up. Sure the hit on Keith wasn't big. But either 1) Big enough to take him down or 2) he was weaker than the hit or 3) he dove. None of the 3 would Hawk fans be wanting to gloat about.

#70 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

nothing wrong with the Sedins.

The OP on the other hand....

#71 CHodgson9

CHodgson9

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

Sedins and a 2nd to Tampa for Stamkos and Malone?

No, piss off.
"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Mahatma Ghandi

#72 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

No, piss off.

I would +1 this, but your name would probably cry too much and I would have to trade my +1 to a different post anyways.

#73 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

i didnt say sedins sucked i just said that there play is somewhat predictable, we as a team havent scored that much since end of last yrs reg season. Higgins hasnt got a goal in a yr. Notice on power play they take point shots so far out, i dont knw why they dont play more of a ubrella like system skate in a few more feet, take a shot. Have kassian get more tip ins, rebound ugly goals, our last two games we havent had a shot on 3 two man advantages no one sees this as a problem. we are averaging 2 goals a game or less get pucks on net, try for more rebound goals i see the problem as more a coaching failure than the players. we gave up leads to oilers lost in shoot out gave up lead to calgary won in shootout lost 3rd period in a lost in shootout. Im not sure i like my team losing leads ever game. When keslers back things will be better. Love schroeder and kassian young guns ripping it up
I hope lineup is lie ths when kes is back
sedin sedin kassian
burrows schroeder kesler rookie can set up burrows and kes seeing both like to score more than pass
booth lapps hansen
raymond higgins weise
manny
hamhuis edler
bieska garrison
ballard tanev

at least until gillis gets rid of our extra players like alberts just sittng in press box

#74 Pyrene

Pyrene

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

You fail at trolling. Sedins are still in prime. Hate all you want, we all know what stats to expect at the end of the season.

Really? It was an embarrasment, esp during the LA game, to see your top line not even try to bring the puck in the opposition zone, but rather dumping the puck in and going for a change after a 30s shift. I dont care if theyre in their prime or not. These past few games theyve been giving a piss poor effort and its hard to watch. However, they did play significantly better againzt chicago, so i hope they keep it up.

#75 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

Y'all crayzy, Sedins were awesome today, they were all over the place and throwing hits everywhere too! Get a freakin grip, don't you know we're only supposed to talk about the goalies? Stick to the plan!

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#76 Mountain Dew

Mountain Dew

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

I just realized.

The last time the Sedins were PPG players were in the WCF against Sharks in 2011.

Their "drop" started against the Bruins in the Finals. Since then, they haven't put up the same monster numbers.

#77 mancaesar

mancaesar

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

Anyone who plays sports knows that sometimes your timing is off and sometimes it's on. As far as being predictable goes, they've been predictable for years. They excel at finding each other, cycling the puck, getting to open ice and making creative plays. Predictable, yes, just like other great hockey players are predictable. Doesn't mean you can stop them. Secondary scoring or no, when they're dialed in, they can't be contained by the best defense on any other team. Soon enough they'll get back to dominating the o-zone and, at the risk of sounding like a douche, I'll be there to dig up all these old posts just to say I told you so.

John Paul II made a saint. John Garrett next?

#78 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:23 AM

There is no substitute for the kind of skill and chemistry the Sedins have. Imo we haven't seen the best of them always in the Playoffs because they need a big body up there beside them and that, till now, allowed them to be targeted.

With Kassian's vast improvement I think they just need a wee bit of time to find their feet. It's been a strange season and I think you would have to be naive to think they are not due to spark soon. Also maybe it's good that others are forced to contribute more and take more responsibility.
Kevin.jpg

#79 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,354 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

So it's the Sedins who are thrown under the bus now, kind of a dumb post if you ask me. Meh!!

#80 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

You must be joking. He cycles as well, if not better than Burrows did. He's actually stronger along the boards and can fend off his opponents. We're not noticing them because Zack's been doing most of the scoring... courtesy of their passing. Watch for one or both of them to score tonight. Calling it.

So did you notice what I was saying? Its not that he cant be better then burrows along the boards its that he doesn't want to go to the boards. The twin are forced to play a different game with zack on the wing. I was watching the twins along the boards digging for the pucks almost every shift wondering where zack was. As the play went the other way you saw him holding up in the slot waiting for the twins to get him the puck.

He is playing well with them but in the past the twins played best with players that would forecheck hard and did pucks out for them, playing with zack they have had to alter there game and they are the ones forechecking to dig pucks out for zack.

The line is working out well but I think that's the reason for the drop in points for the twins.

#81 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,639 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Dude, stop with the BS about fans turning on their players. You do realize that we have NOT win the Cup, right? We have the best goalie in the entire league. In fact, two great goalies. We have some strong defense. But time and time again, our offense (with and without Kesler) continue to fail us. Anyone who plays hockey knows that our forwards need to score A LOT more and be more consistent.

A couple of things.

Anyone who knows hockey knows that some of our key players are out of the line up, putting the Sedins even more on the radar than they already were. Teams don't have to worry about a second line so they can put their full attention on the first. It changes the dynamics. I equate to when Geroy Simon was our go to receiver and he was always double/triple teamed...when we got other players who also had talent and could catch the ball, teams had to account for that and suddenly Geroy became open a little more. Sure, football's different in that the offense is out there all at once vs in "lines", but when your key players don't have that attention divided amongst others, they are affected as the focus is solely placed on them. That's a small part.

Plus, they're human. Anyone who watches hockey (and this team) can cut them a little slack for not starting on a tear. When they're lighting it up again, I'll be sure to come back here. Why are our fans so quick to turn? It's like a bi-polar love/hate thing. Take an overall analysis instead of minute by minute. We're early in and, despite the urgency in a short season, they have full capability (and my confidence) that they won't stay off the scoresheet for long.

Last night they also threw out hits...fans complain that they're too soft, but I feel this team's changing and addressing that part of things. Is that their role? Absolutely not, but they are also pushing back so others won't be so quick to push them around. Come playoffs, that message will be a little stronger if they've been sending it all along. Not that they always didn't, but can't have your cake and eat it too - as they pushback, their game is changing.

To the person stating that Zack is responsible for his own success - to some degree, for sure. But have you not noticed him in front of the net as well...he can go park himself there because the Sedins are drawing everyone to the outside/boards and, at least a few times, he was pretty much unbothered there. Their roles can go beyond simply being the ones scoring...they still command the attention that frees up others.

Other teams DO figure things out and, with that and as the Sedins do age, do you not consider that a new gameplan has to be devised? One that has them draw the attention away (as suggested earlier) so others can do some of the scoring. That's their selflessness...that they don't have the egos that say "I have to be the one". They are such professionals that they appear willing to pass the torch gradually, so others can step up. That, in itself, is a plus. But they ain't washed up has beens yet. So I think this is just an easing in transitional thing as we do have to tweak things a bit as players age and teams figure them out.

Love them. And Lu. But I'm one who considers the human element and that players can't be "on" all the time...doesn't mean we toss 'em at the first sign. You allow to work through it - to figure it out. There's a reason we've come "this close" to winning it all...and these players are some of the main players in that.

Posted Image

#82 grumpworsley

grumpworsley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:46 AM

Here's a wild thought. Maybe it's Kassian? Put burrows back with them for a bit to rejuvenate their game. Kassian has played well don't get me wrong but who doesn't when between those two.

I'm just sayin'.

Bernier, Pyatt

#83 ChirplikeLappy

ChirplikeLappy

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

Malkin has 8 Points in 7 Games... Giroux has 4 points in 8 games... Kovalchuk has 5 points in 6 games... Kessel has 4 points in 7 Games... Other than Stamkos 14 points in 7 games, 4 of the top 5 scorers from last season (didn't include Spezza since he is injured) are not exactly lighting it up this year. Relax, its early, they had no real training camp they will pick it up

#84 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

about predictability: no player ever has an unlimitted number of new moves that the opposition doesn't know about. guess what, it's always the same (pass to someone, deke someone, protect the puck and pass to x, etc).

they key with a dominant player is that they can do it even though the opposition knows they might do it.

the sedins have been dominant the last few years for sure. they still have it, you can see it in some of their play. but they are are a bit off right now.

just chill... might take them 20 games to come around. They are probably healthier and rustier than they have been in a long time... bodes well for the playoffs. And if they only become point a game players or just below that, so what, still first line threats for sure. they were never going to lead the league in points 5 or 10 years in a row...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.