The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Did anyone read this?

Matt_T83

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/blogs/canucksreport/no-excuse-canucks-poor-play-and-ryan-kesler-wont-save-them

The guy basically lists all the legit reasons the Canucks are having a slow start, but then somehow that means nothing. I dislike these people in the media that make sweeping conclusions. Maybe after 25 games he may be proved correct...

But without Kesler and Booth, and with the Canucks basically being LAST in the league for key players in Europe during the lockout... what would anyone expect?

I actually think the Canucks are doing great. I expected a far worse start than this. If after 10 games they are in the top 8, that's awesome. They'll be fully healthy and in top form for the playoffs. The #8 Kings and #3 bruins have proven to Vancouver that seed doesn't matter.

I hope someone prints this article off and makes this guy eat the paper when the Canucks win the cup this year.

I am not expecting much this year either. If we even make the playoffs I will be surprised. Yeah I actually said it . IF we make the playoffs. This will be the ugliest season on record for injuries, bad penalties, questionable hits. As if you all haven't noticed already it is a Cluster Frak of a season.

I am not expecting much this year either. If we even make the playoffs I will be surprised. Yeah I actually said it . IF we make the playoffs. This will be the ugliest season on record for injuries, bad penalties, questionable hits. As if you all haven't noticed already it is a Cluster Frak of a season.

Clearly the Cup Winners last season have taught everyone nothing.

The regular season means NOTHING. Position in the playoffs means very little, and the first few regular season games sure don't have any playoff implication. Bottom line is the Vancouver Canucks make the playoffs, preferably with home ice advantage in the first few rounds. That is all we need to do, and the NW is still a pretty crap division so it won't be difficult. Edmonton and Minnesota are far from challenging us just yet and not quite up there compared to Chicago and St.Louis, so the Canucks are still a premium team in the West.

I'd much rather see the Canucks struggle for heck, the first 30 games of the season playing around .500 hockey and then go on a real scary undefeated tear like we did a couple of seasons in a row, something like 15-20 games without a regulation loss to ride into the playoffs than to watch us start perfect like the Sharks and Blackhawks, only to fade out later in the season and post-season.

A slow start is better than a fast start folks. To all the teams with players in Europe - they will get far more tired than the Canuck players who are better rested and conditioned. The fewer games the better in the long run, less strain on the players bodies is a huge advantage come playoff time when it's really a matter of who can survive the longest.

Archived