The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone else get offered tickets (blue line)?

DonaldBrashear

My family got the offer and we bought 10 games for the rest of the year, with a promise that we would become 1/2 season ticket holders in 2013/14 if we wanted to.

This is our third season after four years of being on the wait-list. We have had an 11 game ice pack every year and only got to move up this year to slightly better-but-still-upper-bowl-in-the-corner seats. Now we're officially half season ticket holders with a chance for much better seats.

It's much earlier than I expected to reach that level and if I'm honest, if indeed the lockout is a prime cause of this offer being made, it makes the whole thing easier to stomach .

My family got the offer and we bought 10 games for the rest of the year, with a promise that we would become 1/2 season ticket holders in 2013/14 if we wanted to.

This is our third season after four years of being on the wait-list. We have had an 11 game ice pack every year and only got to move up this year to slightly better-but-still-upper-bowl-in-the-corner seats. Now we're officially half season ticket holders with a chance for much better seats.

It's much earlier than I expected to reach that level and if I'm honest, if indeed the lockout is a prime cause of this offer being made, it makes the whole thing easier to stomach .

Yeah I was wondering about the renewal opportunity, etc. I took the ice-pak instead of half seasons, because I am waiting for full seasons instead. From what I can tell, it is from when you get your first full-season tickets that your, for lack of a better word, "seniority" starts with the club.

What im confused about is, once you take an ice pak/half season, are you still on the waiting list? Or do you enter a new list of ice pak/half season holders instead? It's an odd way their system is setup. I am guessing it goes season > half season > ice pak > waiting list? They figure anyone who has an ice pak or half season tickets must have been on the waiting list. What confuses me is, does that mean some people could jump ahead in line if they choose an ice pak or half seasons (versus those who decide not to?). The email was unclear on that.

Checked the site just now....most of the cheap seats ($47 +tax) are gone now so I am left with $128 seats...center ice...Rows 24 or 25...which isn't bad but I need to see some of them in order to go to the games so I gave up after looking at the check out price of $1200 for 5 games....(for 2 people)

Checked the site just now....most of the cheap seats ($47 +tax) are gone now so I am left with $128 seats...center ice...Rows 24 or 25...which isn't bad but I need to see some of them in order to go to the games so I gave up after looking at the check out price of $1200 for 5 games....(for 2 people)

• 2 months later...

So just got my renewal package in the mail. Since I ended up getting two ice paks I guess they upgraded it to half season tickets which is cool.

Wondering if anyone here who is a season ticket holder and wanted 2 more tickets (e.g., go from 2 to 4), I guess you have to get back on the waiting list and start over again for the extra 2? Or do season ticket holders who want more tickets get a quicker route?

So just got my renewal package in the mail. Since I ended up getting two ice paks I guess they upgraded it to half season tickets which is cool.

Wondering if anyone here who is a season ticket holder and wanted 2 more tickets (e.g., go from 2 to 4), I guess you have to get back on the waiting list and start over again for the extra 2? Or do season ticket holders who want more tickets get a quicker route?

That's what I did, game packs, half season, full season. I think upper bowl is the way to go. I have lower bowls and have a hard time trying get someone to share or take it off me this season. I'm assuming bc lower bowl is too expensive, slight chance it could be of condensed season

Archived