The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone else get offered tickets (blue line)?

DonaldBrashear

I have full season tickets and finally got my icepack upgraded to half season. So now i have full and half season. One day ill have 4 in a row full season tix.

So just got my renewal package in the mail. Since I ended up getting two ice paks I guess they upgraded it to half season tickets which is cool.

Wondering if anyone here who is a season ticket holder and wanted 2 more tickets (e.g., go from 2 to 4), I guess you have to get back on the waiting list and start over again for the extra 2? Or do season ticket holders who want more tickets get a quicker route?

Anyone have experience buying half season tickets before?

I got my renewal package today and it says my invoice total is approx. $5250, which works out to $120 per ticket. It says that my seats arent selected yet...so just wondering how they come up with these totals.

Do they charge you based on a lower bowl ticket ($120 sounds about right) and then based on what tickets you end up getting refund you the amount if you end up getting some seats which are cheaper?

Thanks for any info

Anyone have experience buying half season tickets before?

I got my renewal package today and it says my invoice total is approx. $5250, which works out to $120 per ticket. It says that my seats arent selected yet...so just wondering how they come up with these totals.

Do they charge you based on a lower bowl ticket ($120 sounds about right) and then based on what tickets you end up getting refund you the amount if you end up getting some seats which are cheaper?

Thanks for any info

That's really odd. I renewed half season tickets and my invoice total was around $2500 for 2 tickets. I was charged for "Upper Bowl III Def" tickets. You appear to have been charged for "Lower Bowl II Def" tickets. So no, everyone isn't charged for lower bowl tickets. Not sure how they decide what is what. Was your package you picked in selection mostly lower bowl seats? I selected all upper bowl seats in my package, so perhaps that is how they decide.

That's really odd. I renewed half season tickets and my invoice total was around $2500 for 2 tickets. I was charged for "Upper Bowl III Def" tickets. You appear to have been charged for "Lower Bowl II Def" tickets. So no, everyone isn't charged for lower bowl tickets. Not sure how they decide what is what. Was your package you picked in selection mostly lower bowl seats? I selected all upper bowl seats in my package, so perhaps that is how they decide.

To anyone who renewed their half seasons online......I chose the 9 month payment plan(and got an email afterwards saying my invoice was received, but I noticed I wasn't asked about either delivery methods(mail or will call) and about 2013 playoffs(theirs no option under my invoices either). Also, I do not believe it charged me for my down payment. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this and if its a cause for worry? I did email my ticket rep, but their responses take time.

Hey Donald,Sorry one more question. Did you just convert off the blueline and this will be your first time having "Half season" tickets? Not counting the random "Pick a pack" they offered midway through this season.

I called them and they said that since I am converting off the blueline that is what they charge and then sometime during the summer I can go in to pick my seats and they adjust the invoice accordingly.

To anyone who renewed their half seasons online......I chose the 9 month payment plan(and got an email afterwards saying my invoice was received, but I noticed I wasn't asked about either delivery methods(mail or will call) and about 2013 playoffs(theirs no option under my invoices either). Also, I do not believe it charged me for my down payment. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this and if its a cause for worry? I did email my ticket rep, but their responses take time.

Hey,

Yes, I am converting off blueline too. This will be my first time ever having season tickets. The *only* thing I can think of is... I purchased two ice paks instead of one half season. Like when they offered the blue line conversion mid-way, and you could pick a 5 game ice pak or 10 game half season, I picked the 5 game ice pak first. But then I regretted it, and bought another 5 game ice pak. They combined the two 5 game ice paks for me into a 10 game half season, so my renewal is for half season.

Either way, I wouldn't worry about it. The way they described it to you on the phone sounds like it makes the most sense. I was surprised they didn't charge me for lower bowls honestly, and then reimburse. It's not a big deal though, because the deposit is only 10% charged on April 26th... so you're talking $500 versus $250. The balance isn't charged until AFTER we've already made our half season picks... so really, it's just an extra $250 they will hold in your case.

Maybe I will see you at the half season tickets picks, are you going to go in person? I'm also hoping for upper bowls, cheapest possible. Just praying I don't get stuck with lower bowl non alcohol or something, but that probably won't happen. I think half seasons get better picks and the ice packs seem to get stuck with the worse tickets.

I had 4 seats on blue line wait list and was offered 5 game Ice Paks earlier this year with a guaranteed renewal for 2013-14 season. I was hoping for half-season tickets but was instead offered either half-season for 2 seats or Ice Pak for 4 seats for 2013-14 season. After much thought and research, I have now requested Half-Season for 2 seats instead of Ice Paks for 4. Now 2 of my seats will go back to blue line wait list. I hope I made the right decision to have a better opportunity to select 2 seats and more games as compared to ending up with 4 less desirable seats and only 11 games for who know how long. I wish I was informed about this before I bought my ice paks in February for 4 seats as I could have saved almost a $1,000 for seats I never wanted in February if I had to leave my 2 seats on the waiting list anyway.

Archived