The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Blackhawks @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Hands down Luongo is THE GOALIE, nevermind starter/backup discussion, THE GOALIE of this team.

I have had enough of half hearted management of this team over the last 20 years. They have screwed this organization up and down two ways from Sunday for over the last two decades.

Only now have we begun to solidify ourselves as a true force in the league, strengthened our depth prospect wise, and developed a culture as a hockey club.

If this management group wishes to be taken seriously, they need to do what is right. Either keep both goalies for the rest of the season, then examine your position after (most likely trading Schneider), or trade Schneider, get a prospect or two or whatever (second/third line center), or whatever and make a push over the next 2-3 years with Luongo, with Eddie (or whoever) as a backup. THIS, my friends, is the reality of where we sit.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to "give Cory a chance," we have a capable and STELLAR goalie in Luongo. Why do we have to give someone a chance? Why, cause he's a nice guy.... Seriously?

Why would anyone "try out" a unproven netminder when we have a (most likely) hall of fame goalie ready TO DOMINATE. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people? Has Luo not proven that he is among the best in the world. Do we seriously need to go through his history: awards, nominations, records, seriously people?

Bottom line, Luo should be a Canuck for very forseeable future.

Missed the game (I was out getting a shootout victory of my own in hockey :P ) but everyone was talking about it.

Sounds like the Canucks played great

Based on the highlights:

Loved the pass Kassian made on Edler's goal. I think this was his first assist of the season right? Nice play on that goal because he had the vision to hit the trailer with the pass. It looked like he could have just passed it into the slot where all the traffic was in the hope that the Sedins could tip it home, but he recognized that Edler with the pinch was a higher percentage play. Great to know he has that element to his game.

Happy for Schroeder to get the shootout goal. He's got that clutch instinct building in him!

Luongo:

Not sure what to say.

That was a heavy lineup of shooters for Chi. I can't believe how well he did against them. Loved his convo with Kane. I swear those two are destined to meet in big games. The world's weirdest bromance lol.

Some fantastic saves from Luongo and his entire demeanour seems to have changed. I am so happy for him though. Doesn't matter how this all plays out. He's done a lot for the Canucks and it feels right having him in our net. And the way he has handled the situation with Schneider has just been so remarkable. Has earned a lot of respect for sure.

When you see how happy Luongo was to get the win and how happy the guys were for him, it really looks like the loyalty to Vancouver is still there. This guy still bleeds blue and green and he doesn't have one foot out the door just yet

GUYZ, TRADE SNYDER OKAY. U STUPIDS DON'T NO HOKEY.

First off, unfortunately, this team got progressively worse as the game went on. The PP.. I've stressed several times now: defensemen hugging the blue line is not a good thing. Move down, get involved in the play. Basic hockey. There twins had the puck in the corners, down behind the net and along the goal line and you could only see three Canucks on the screen.

Secondly, the Sedins NEED to step it up. They are 98th and something absurd like 130th in NHL scoring. NOT good enough, sorry. The decline of the twins? Perhaps.

Third, I've been a critic of Volpatti for being just a plug. But I wasn't aware he was leading the team in hits. Good for him. It would be nice if he could chip it in the net once in a while now.

Lastly, this team only has two regulation wins in 8 games. If games were not ended by a gimmick, the Canucks record could be ghastly right now.

This game left me very dissatisfied. The Canucks were only marginally better then their opponent tonight and looked like the were playing for a tie that whole third period. The 5 on 3 was abysmal and it looked like for the last 20 minutes they team went brain dead. The team stopped skating with and hustle at all.Thank god for Lou the best NHL goalie in the League!

We're is the passion? The Sedins were a now show. Kassian showed terrible hands again on the shoot out?

Edler got walked hard

Highlights were hard to point out other then in Net. The Hawks new rookie looked dominating out there tonight.

Thank you Lou. I hope this organization comes to its senses and realizes how much they need you.

I miss Cody H. And Kessler. We need some fire and passion back in this line up!

I'm a huge Luongo fan and this...feels so damn good. Me and my buddy went out and wore our Luongo jerseys at Schanks, what a fantastic performance by him, dunno what else to say, he's seeing every shot and is square to every shot.

Archived