The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Blackhawks @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Missed the game (I was out getting a shootout victory of my own in hockey :P ) but everyone was talking about it.

Sounds like the Canucks played great

Based on the highlights:

Loved the pass Kassian made on Edler's goal. I think this was his first assist of the season right? Nice play on that goal because he had the vision to hit the trailer with the pass. It looked like he could have just passed it into the slot where all the traffic was in the hope that the Sedins could tip it home, but he recognized that Edler with the pinch was a higher percentage play. Great to know he has that element to his game.

Happy for Schroeder to get the shootout goal. He's got that clutch instinct building in him!

Luongo:

Not sure what to say.

That was a heavy lineup of shooters for Chi. I can't believe how well he did against them. Loved his convo with Kane. I swear those two are destined to meet in big games. The world's weirdest bromance lol.

Some fantastic saves from Luongo and his entire demeanour seems to have changed. I am so happy for him though. Doesn't matter how this all plays out. He's done a lot for the Canucks and it feels right having him in our net. And the way he has handled the situation with Schneider has just been so remarkable. Has earned a lot of respect for sure.

When you see how happy Luongo was to get the win and how happy the guys were for him, it really looks like the loyalty to Vancouver is still there. This guy still bleeds blue and green and he doesn't have one foot out the door just yet

Kesler, oh Kesler! Where art thou??!! Is he the only one who can win a face-off? Or plant himself in front of the net? So many scoring chances were blown last night because no one was in front! Kassian tries to, but where is everyone else? And I'm sorry, but I am just not a Schroeder fan. He has speed, but most of the time the guy just gives up the puck. Do I thing he has talent and potential? You bet! but he's not there yet.

Lu was good, but his game was more the product of the team in front of him.......they played very well defensively last night. They collapsed nicely, blocked shots and played an almost air tight containment game against the Hawks.

Still, he made some nice saves.......He likes having no pressure on him, that's for sure. I'm also getting sick of the media......I don't even watch the pre-game, or the between periods show anymore

Archived