#121 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,817 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

twins are still MIA

not good enough from the top line. without kes or booth, they have to find ways to check through the opponent's top D line.
Posted Image

#122 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,903 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

What happened to Bolland? he threw a hissy fit in the 2nd, i didnt see him back....

:bigblush:

#123 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,317 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

Trade Snyder to Columbus and get jack johnson, mason and a #1...

Posted Image

Edited by TimberWolf, 01 February 2013 - 11:31 PM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#124 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,117 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

GUYZ, TRADE SNYDER OKAY. U STUPIDS DON'T NO HOKEY.

First off, unfortunately, this team got progressively worse as the game went on. The PP.. I've stressed several times now: defensemen hugging the blue line is not a good thing. Move down, get involved in the play. Basic hockey. There twins had the puck in the corners, down behind the net and along the goal line and you could only see three Canucks on the screen.

Secondly, the Sedins NEED to step it up. They are 98th and something absurd like 130th in NHL scoring. NOT good enough, sorry. The decline of the twins? Perhaps.

Third, I've been a critic of Volpatti for being just a plug. But I wasn't aware he was leading the team in hits. Good for him. It would be nice if he could chip it in the net once in a while now.

Lastly, this team only has two regulation wins in 8 games. If games were not ended by a gimmick, the Canucks record could be ghastly right now.
Posted Image

#125 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

twins are still MIA

not good enough from the top line. without kes or booth, they have to find ways to check through the opponent's top D line.

Yea. They've really struggled since last spring to be the offensive force we've come to expect. A bit disconcerting to think they may not be able to recapture that level of performance and this team is toast if they don't produce.

#126 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

?

I spelt it right. Schroeder

spelled* also I don't know what you're talking about, but you're the only one rambling about av making the Canucks sit back. But he's not...:picard:

#127 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,137 posts

What happened to Bolland? he threw a hissy fit in the 2nd, i didnt see him back....

The twins confused him for Marchand
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#128 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

GUYZ, TRADE SNYDER OKAY. U STUPIDS DON'T NO HOKEY.

First off, unfortunately, this team got progressively worse as the game went on. The PP.. I've stressed several times now: defensemen hugging the blue line is not a good thing. Move down, get involved in the play. Basic hockey. There twins had the puck in the corners, down behind the net and along the goal line and you could only see three Canucks on the screen.

Secondly, the Sedins NEED to step it up. They are 98th and something absurd like 130th in NHL scoring. NOT good enough, sorry. The decline of the twins? Perhaps.

Third, I've been a critic of Volpatti for being just a plug. But I wasn't aware he was leading the team in hits. Good for him. It would be nice if he could chip it in the net once in a while now.

Lastly, this team only has two regulation wins in 8 games. If games were not ended by a gimmick, the Canucks record could be ghastly right now.

Volpatti scored in Anaheim...t0trlla rnt pls

#129 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

spelled* also I don't know what you're talking about, but you're the only one rambling about av making the Canucks sit back. But he's not... :picard:

"Spelt" is used correctly....perhaps you should look it up before attempting to correct someone's spelling?

Congrats on the SO win, Canucks!!

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 01 February 2013 - 11:35 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#130 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,837 posts

Wow I had tears of joy every time Luongo made a save.

All the haters and Luongo doubters looking pretty stupid :)
WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

#131 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

spelled* also I don't know what you're talking about, but you're the only one rambling about av making the Canucks sit back. But he's not... :picard:

we had a 2 goal lead against calgary lost it
we had a 2 goal lead against los angeles lost it
we had a 1 goal lead against chicago lost it
we had a 2 goal lead against edmonton lost it

this team has sat back quite a bit giving up leads 1 of which we actually won the game not a good trend

#132 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,117 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:34 PM

Volpatti scored in Anaheim...t0trlla rnt pls

I missed part of that game :lol:

Okay, well, good for him. Possibly another in the next few games from him would be great. Or an assist. Keep it realistic
Posted Image

#133 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

So I guess you missed the entire 2nd half of the game then..

I'm not the only one saying it. It's obvious his go to move is to sit back and defend the lead, and the evidence to support that is certainly there.

If this was a lose everyone would be all over AV for it, but luckily for people who share your opinion everyone is blinded by the win.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 01 February 2013 - 11:37 PM.

zackass.png

#134 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

I hope we trade CS....Luongo should be forever a Canuck.

#135 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

Wasn't exactly a great game, but there were obviously positives. Not going to go into any great detail but the goaltending was obviously spectacular. Luongo played like the top 5 netminder that he is and won the game for the team. No question. Also, I think the defense was pretty solid. The Hawks are a high octane, talented team and maybe they weren't at their absolute best tonight but I still think the defense needs to be given credit for a job well done against the Blackhawks' top two lines.

Offense and the PP? Ugh... I'm worried. Officially worried. The Sedins look like they've lost a step. You can usually tell when they're just in a slump but this time around I get the feeling that the problem, in a nutshell, is that their game isn't working anymore. The league reads them better now and the problem is that they're pretty one-dimensional; they've really got no other tricks. When they don't have the lane to thread a pass through, they kind of just play catch with the puck and waste time.

This team has no offensive leaders. They're grinding out wins with goals from random sources the way teams like the Predators, Kings and Coyotes do. Kesler and Booth's return will be a boost for the team, surely, but it's hard to tell at this point how much of an impact they themselves will make upon their return and how their presence in the lineup will impact the rest of the team. Will they take pressure off the Sedins by drawing other teams' checking lines and defense pairings to them? Will Schroeder or Raymond get a chance with Kesler, thus creating the potential for more offense from either of them? There are some possibilities, but at the end of the day I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking ahead to the team's next crop of young talent at this point (Jensen, Schroeder, Gaunce, and whoever we draft this summer).

Good win, but this team doesn't look like a contender yet. It needs Kesler and Booth back and needs to improve in a lot of areas still.

#136 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,496 posts

"Spelt" is used correctly....perhaps you should look it up before attempting to correct someone's spelling?

Congrats on the SO win, Canucks!!

Don't care. "Spelled*" ez

#137 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Lol, I wonder what lu told him

"Who u think i am?"

In his PGI he said he told him "not this time". I thought I saw them both briefly chuckling down there :lol:
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#138 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:40 PM

Don't care. "Spelled*" ez

You would still be incorrect. It makes one appear foolish and lacking in credibility when they take someone to task for a spelling/word usage error when in fact there is no error at all.

Happy for this win tonight.......Luo played lights out for us! ::D

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 01 February 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#139 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

I hope we trade CS....Luongo should be forever a Canuck.

Even if were offered a 280 pound, 6'8, 70 point per season, best fighter in the NHL type of player for Luongo?

Edited by LeanBeaf, 01 February 2013 - 11:43 PM.

Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#140 afesposit

afesposit

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Wow I had tears of joy every time Luongo made a save.

All the haters and Luongo doubters looking pretty stupid :)

-----

That's why I say we need to trade Snyder.... And get some additional pieces. Help the twins and get another D man...

#141 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,495 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

You would still be incorrect. It makes one appear foolish and lacking in credibility when they take someone to task for a spelling/word usage error when in fact there is no error at all.

go start a grammar thread along with the other grammar cops already its an internet forum alright get that through your head

#142 Charlie.the.Unicorn

Charlie.the.Unicorn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

Spelt is right but has not been in common practice since the 1980's, so keep at it Grandma.

#143 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

Great game by Lou, the guy is on a big time roll. Congrats on the win guys, can't wait for the next Chicago/Vancouver match-up.

#144 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,817 posts

Yea. They've really struggled since last spring to be the offensive force we've come to expect. A bit disconcerting to think they may not be able to recapture that level of performance and this team is toast if they don't produce.

for sure, the demise of nux in the SCF was just as on sedins, kes as on Lui. The team can only go as far as the top players.

at this moment, nux need to play good D and get great goal tending to win, almost like when lui's first season w Nux.

this will buy some time and hope sedins get back to mid season form, or when kes or booth come back. I expect nux to win or lose bunch of 1 goal game for a while, unlike the offensive numbers they put up the last 2 yrs.
Posted Image

#145 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,137 posts

go start a grammar thread along with the other grammar cops already its an internet forum alright get that through your head

***Go start a grammar thread alongside the other grammar cops, it's an internet forum alright, get that through your head.**
Sig too big.
-Milan Lucic

#146 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

I don't like the guy but did you not see the slash he took to the calf.

#147 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

Bobby lu.....HELLYEA!!!
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#148 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

When someone decides to crap on someone for a 'mistake' that isn't a mistake at all, then it will be pointed out that they are in the wrong. LMAO at you telling me to get it 'through my head'.....I've been here almost 10 years, sunshine........ seen it all.

Spelt is right but has not been in common practice since the 1980's, so keep at it Grandma.

SFW??? It is still correct.......not incorrect. Ooooh, a personal shot.....I'm just quaking in my control pantyhose and baggy cardigan. :rolleyes:

Hope this was our turning point game and it shuts up the Luo haters for awhile! ::D

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 01 February 2013 - 11:53 PM.

#149 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,184 posts

POPULAR

Posted Image

Kass riding his donkey.

#150 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

nm

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 01 February 2013 - 11:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.