Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

[PGT] Blackhawks @ Canucks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
250 replies to this topic

#241 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,724 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

Sorry, John Scott can't score 70 pts a season... He can't even reach 10

I still rather have him than guys like Voplatti / Weise / Ebbett etc....
Did you see Scott treated Shawn Thornton like a little girl the other night? If we have Scott, the BIG BAD BRUINS becomes the little baby bears to us!

#242 The Big Luongo

The Big Luongo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

Great defensive game by the defense as a whole. Luongo was very solid and confident looks to have regained his stellar form he has teased us in the past with. Also thought Hamhuis and Garrison played their best games and Tanev, Ballard and Bieksa were solid. Edlers defense that was a different story it was very sloppy at times, passes were off but did make the one nice play finding open area and showing off some good finish.

As for forwards i thought Kassian had a great game. Kassians beautiful Edler set up, a couple good hits, physical intimidating presense and about 3 very good scoring chances generated.

All in all this solid team defense will serve this team well until everyone is bringing their A game and Kesler, Booth and hopefully Pinizzotto join the team.

I can't wait to see what kind of serious damage this team will do when these 3 guys and some kind of Luongo trade return happens!

#243 Mauii

Mauii

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Okey, I'll give it to Kassian. He's gained my respect with the Edler play. He showed good vision and maturity but Hodgson is still my favourite since Bertuzzi and Bure.
"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil."

#244 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Did you see Scott treated Shawn Thornton like a little girl the other night? If we have Scott, the BIG BAD BRUINS becomes the little baby bears to us!

John Scott is 30yrs old (so he is what he is). His career stats are shameful: 1G 3A in 153 games. I wonder how many goals were scored against his teams during his 248m in the penalty box. The guy has no skills and is only good for the odd fight.

As Bieksa said, 'just skate around him and score'.

I would rather have a more versitile 'tough guy' that has some skills and can handle himself in the odd fight (and takes the pressure off Kass).

Edited by higgyfan, 02 February 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#245 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,485 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

i was at the game...it was a bit of a snooze fest...

schroeder continues to amaze me with his speed. i think he is my new fav canuck

i like the new video board song "language" but i do not like the OTOW fan images...it looks a bit cheap

luongo played amazing, however was pretty much matched by crawford who looks great this year thus far.

kane was flying out there, looks much more determined than last year

Edited by canucks.bradley, 02 February 2013 - 01:33 PM.

Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#246 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,847 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

I would rather have a more versitile 'tough guy' that has some skills and can handle himself in the odd fight (and takes the pressure off Kass).

Like Winchester, right Understand?

Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#247 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,921 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Epic Luongo, AV must be hating this now since apparently Cory is our starter but Luongo is on fire now.

canucks141.png

#248 Toffee

Toffee

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

It's funny how revenge was so hyped up. The biggest thing that happened was Henrik shoving Keith down to the ice and the fans booing Keith the whole game.

Posted Image

#249 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,750 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Yeah, thank God he made someone take a line change with seconds left after he played on a losing team.

Great work.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#250 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Sorry, John Scott isn't available.

John Scott wont get 70 points in his whole career, nevermind per season.

#251 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76,960 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

Canucks meet the Blackhawks again February 19th, this time at United Center!

307mg00.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.