#1 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

POPULAR

just a thought of mine wondering if anyone else agrees..... Luongo came into this season wanted to be moved.. waiting to be moved and being the #2 guy if he plays bad .. so what he sits and waits for his trade plays good he gets to play some puck... no pressure of being the go to guy or even the guy the organization or fans are looking to backstop our team...... a good reference of no pressure and better play how well do the bluejays play once they are eliminated from playoff contention nothing to play for but fun and then the wins start rolling in. thats all luongo is doing right now playing for fun with no pressure.

Edited by chrisbanks, 01 February 2013 - 11:28 PM.

#2 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

agreed, they showed Lus numbers from the playoffs and the regular season against hawks, which supports this theory. Even though Lu was cleary beat 5 times today.

#3 canuktravella

canuktravella

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

bobby luo for mvp

#4 John.Tallhouse

John.Tallhouse

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

agreed, they showed Lus numbers from the playoffs and the regular season against hawks, which supports this theory. Even though Lu was cleary beat 5 times today.

we beat Quick 5 times the other night, cant take that to the bank
Posted Image

#5 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Oh no you di'int just compare hockey and baseball. Maybe Lu has no pressure or maybe Lu has been a great goalie all along. (pssst its the latter) ;)
Posted Image

#6 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

we beat Quick 5 times the other night, cant take that to the bank

I understand that, what I m saying is looking at part of the picture is not looking at what really happened..if the ref didnt blow the whistle early and that goal counted, could you picture what would have happened to Lu?

#7 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

I understand that, what I m saying is looking at part of the picture is not looking at what really happened..if the ref didnt blow the whistle early and that goal counted, could you picture what would have happened to Lu?

Wasnt a goal so Lu would still tell em to shuvit.

#8 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Wasnt a goal so Lu would still tell em to shuvit.

you clearly missed the point, free beer still at Rogers?

Edited by iluvbc, 01 February 2013 - 11:50 PM.

#9 Lockhart

Lockhart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

Why should it have been a goal? It was a delayed penalty and Bieksa IIRC touched the puck

Edited by Lockhart, 01 February 2013 - 11:52 PM.

#10 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

luos playing for himself right now , he wont have to live with any criticism he'd receive from a loss for long , so there's very little pressure
Posted Image

#11 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

he is playing great but he brought out that old famous bobby luo snow angel on the tieing goal in wich if he just stays on his kness and pushes across the crease shouldve been an easy save it wasnt a bang bang goal he had time.

#12 Canouver

Canouver

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:33 AM

POPULAR

Bring it here. Come on this guy has given his heart and soul to this team. It's time we show appriciacion for his hard work and awsome personality.

#13 EveILL

EveILL

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

POPULAR

Always have loved this guy.

Posted Image

#14 James van Riemsdyk

James van Riemsdyk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

How long are you going to show appreciation for him? He won us 2 games so he's your hero? Tell me more about how much you love Lu.
Posted Image
Edmonton Oilers CHL AGM
Edmontion Oilers SRHL Commissioner/GM

#15 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

I still think there is a strong possibility he will win a Stanley Cup before he retires. Like it or not, the guy is a winner.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#16 MrBuns

MrBuns

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

^ Oh quit it, that's pretty much saying, "you're a nice guy, but not really."

#17 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

How long are you going to show appreciation for him? He won us 2 games so he's your hero? Tell me more about how much you love Lu.

:)

#18 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:40 AM

angry Lu-hater is angry

I like both goalies but I've been a fan of Lu since he first came to this team, never wanted him traded. And to be quite honest if Gillis were to pull the trigger on a goalie trade right now there is absolutely no way it would be Luongo getting traded, I don't see how he hasn't won the starting job back after tonight. Luongo played 2 "bad" games in the playoffs vs the Kings and Cory came in and had 3 good games (even though we lost 2) and all the Lu-haters were ready to make him the starter. Well guess what? Schneider has had 2 crappy games so far and Luongo just had 3 outstanding games, so if we apply the same logic Luongo has won the starting job back.

Edited by Primus099, 02 February 2013 - 12:45 AM.

#19 EveILL

EveILL

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

Hmm let me think.. Vancouver's goalie graveyard goes like this....

Team Win = VANCOUVER IS AWESOME ... [insert players name here but NEVER a goaltender]
Team Loses = LUONGO SUCKS, TRADE HIM or SHCNEIDER ISNT READY, KEEP LUU.......

:rolleyes:

#20 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,348 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:42 AM

POPULAR

Weeelllll......

If he didn't play in the Olympics we'd walk out with Bronze. Game 7 OT against the Hawks in 2011. He was arguably the biggest reason we even made it to the Finals. He got 2 shutouts in the 3 wins we had against Boston.

The 3 games we won in the Finals were stolen from Boston brcause him, but the 4 games we lost were poor play from everyone on the team, including Luongo.

So I'd have to say he's done more than "win us 2 games" and that he isn't anywhere near as much of a "choke artist" that the haters just love so much to call him.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#21 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

well Hamuis would have put it into his own net had that counted, so how is that on Lu?

#22 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,276 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

He's been my hero, and my favourite player since he arrived here in Vancouver, almost nearing #1 on most franchise goalie record. For Bobby Lu to resign when his contract was nearing an end, putting up with all the media and fans crap, the bandwagoners, everything, the man is my hero. He deserves every ounce of respect from Canucks fans and before you even mention the word choke, go back and look at our defense in some of those games, or out invisible offense who scored an invisible 0 goals on the scoreboard, it's easy to put the blame on the man in net.

Edited by PlayStation, 02 February 2013 - 12:56 AM.

Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#23 GoTheDistance

GoTheDistance

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

POPULAR

Strombone (@strombone1) tweeted at 5:54 PM on Wed, Nov 07, 2012:
@HockeyyInsiderr last time I started out as a backup I was wearing a gold medal around my neck two weeks later. Make of it what u may.

#24 dwil2731

dwil2731

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:57 AM

We dont have a chance at taking lord stanley in the next couple of years if we trade bobby. Its the stupidest idea ive ever heard especially after all hes done for this organization anyone that supports a luongo trade is a complete jack@$$..... Nuff said

#25 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,106 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

I think JSchro's point is why make this thread after tonight's game? The people who have liked him, have liked him long before now, it's not that he's suddenly deserving of a thread.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#26 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

well Hamuis would have put it into his own net had that counted, so how is that on Lu?

Thats not my point lol

Edited by iluvbc, 02 February 2013 - 01:06 AM.

#27 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,023 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

Wow the guy steals us two points and u say he was beat five times

WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#28 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:21 AM

Thats not my point lol

do you even have one? lol, you're trying to make a disallowed goal into a big deal as if somehow Luongo got lucky tonight.. Oh and I saw that play again the puck never actually crossed the line so even if the ref didn't call the penalty it was no goal.

#29 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

Wow the guy steals us two points and u say he was beat five times

Is stating the facts not allowed? he didnt steal crap it was a team win.

#30 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

do you even have one? lol, you're trying to make a disallowed goal into a big deal as if somehow Luongo got lucky tonight.. Oh and I saw that play again the puck never actually crossed the line so even if the ref didn't call the penalty it was no goal.

Obviously to show you my point i have to make everything much simpler so here it goes...Clue ------>read the topics title?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.