90 replies to this topic

#31 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:00 AM

Obviously to show you my point i have to make everything much simpler so here it goes...Clue ------>read the topics title?

yes i see the title, no pressure = he plays better. how would that goal being counted change this

#32 Maninthebox

Maninthebox

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

Fairly certain we've all seen Luongo play well before. All the yapping is a media/fan issue, nothing more.

#33 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

When will the media give it a break?

Posted Image

#34 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:00 AM

Is stating the facts not allowed? he didnt steal crap it was a team win.

He didn't steal crap?! Last 3 shootouts Luongo has been in this season, our team has scored a total of 1 GOAL. He stopped 4 shooters, perfect in the shootout against Toews, Kane, Sharp, and Leddy, top players on a top team.

Get real you sound like such a moron its not even funny.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#35 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

:)

You are just bitter tonight. Your just mad Luongo didn't get lit up like you were hoping. You sound like you have a personal grudge against him. If that is the case I guess you haven't been a fan for the past 7 years looks like.
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#36 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

Luongo is the man moving forward until the day he is no longer playing in a Canuck uniform. I'm sorry but even though Schneider seems to be the holy God of all goalies right now, as long as Luongo is still here, he is still our #1 goalie. He's my #1 goalie regardless and I will continue to support him.

Funny how all the Luongo haters shut up when Luongo won us this game tonight against Chicago. Face it, Luongo carried our team in our Cup run. Without him, our franchise's most recent record wouldn't be as glorious as it is right now.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#37 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

Obviously to show you my point i have to make everything much simpler so here it goes...Clue ------>read the topics title?

It is past your bedtime, kid.. Go to sleep.

Team win my a$$, Lui stole this game.. Vintage Luo tonight.. Typical Luongo hater!

Edited by Kass9, 02 February 2013 - 03:25 AM.

#38 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

How long are you going to show appreciation for him? He won us 2 games so he's your hero? Tell me more about how much you love Lu.

ROFL he won 2 games for us? Did you just become a Canucks fan this season? You better check his records cause he has won more games for us than any other goalie.........ever!

Give up cause there is no grounds for any other opinion than Luongo is a great goalie. If someone honestly believes that, then they have zero hockey credibility.

As for your question of how long people are going to show appreciation for him? Well true Canuck fans will ALWAYS show appreciation for him especially those that had to live through years and years of mediocre goal tending.
Posted Image

#39 AngNMGN99

AngNMGN99

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

Nothing but LUv!

Now everybody just support the boys & no stupid trades this season and we could be in for an interesting couple of months!

#40 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

Strombone (@strombone1) tweeted at 5:54 PM on Wed, Nov 07, 2012:
@HockeyyInsiderr last time I started out as a backup I was wearing a gold medal around my neck two weeks later. Make of it what u may.

I think the pressure is deffinately been better for Lu. That said I hope we play 'Snyder' more so that Lu doesn't think he is our #1 and isn't getting traded as that will put the pressure back on. But I wonder if it is not just the pressure of being a starter, but also fans and media are starting to really like him. That was always my problem with Lu, his unconnectability with the fans (if unconnectability is actually a word, don't worry a certain Bertuzzi fan who has been here for 10 years will come and let me know and tell me the correct spelling). When the media and fans are laughing with you and wishing you all the best, not just wishing you won games, it can only have the most positive of outcomes. And with tweets Lu has shown another side of him that we have yet to see. And maybe that is because of all the pressure to be the next Brodeur, when no one can be the next Brodeur, so he has always tried to be proffesional instead of just playing a game that he loves. IMHO making him captain was when stuff really started to roll down hill. Which was too bad, because I thought it was the greatest thing ever when we made him our captain. But hey, we can't all be perfect.

#41 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:03 AM

He didn't steal crap?! Last 3 shootouts Luongo has been in this season, our team has scored a total of 1 GOAL. He stopped 4 shooters, perfect in the shootout against Toews, Kane, Sharp, and Leddy, top players on a top team.

Get real you sound like such a moron its not even funny.

Just wanted to put it out there so you know. Sharp has one of the worst shoot out percentages in the league. If you asked me what player in the entire NHL would you want to face you in the shoot out? I would pick Sharp before I picked "Snyder".

#42 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

I never doubted Luongo, look at the post history. These days, and especially with Canucks luck (or lack of), we need two goalies anyways. Come together people, right now, enough of this crap. We're not two teams, Schneider vs. Lu, we're one team, go Canucks! Boo Gallagher! Boo Chicago! Boo Toronto media! Boo Bettman!

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#43 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,623 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu for captain!! :frantic:

#44 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,208 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

Always been a Luongo supporter, he was, is and will be better than Schneider for at least another season. If the Canucks repay his loyalty with a bit of their own I'm sure he'll bring this city a cup. Tim Thomas did the exact same thing in his Cup run after being benched for Rask and now it looks like Luongo is following a similar path.
Posted Image

#45 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:35 AM

Ahhh Lu, he's such an enigma. Too quick to the blame himself, too slow to take the credit. Game after game he carries us to the PC and then imo he is let down by the guys who always seem blameless, the front 6 offence and the front 4 D.

Sure there has been the odd melt down..........I doubt there is a great net minder who hasn't (I recall Thomas having one or two nightmares in the playoffs in 2010-11) but what about all the times he has kept us in it in, when our much vaunted offence were firing blanks?

He has been a credit to the Canucks, Vancouver and himself. Our team owes it to him to turn up this year...........and in my opinion to do that MG still has to give them the missing pieces.

Edited by Bodee, 02 February 2013 - 05:36 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#46 JustNazzy

JustNazzy

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

How long are you going to show appreciation for him? He won us 2 games so he's your hero? Tell me more about how much you love Lu.

I think he's my hero because he actually won us 226. Did you think this was his first year?

3-1_zps2a110f68.png

#47 Canuck441

Canuck441

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

OP there's always pressure to perform but you're right that he seems more relaxed/loose this year. I also notice he's challenging the shooters more, like he used to before he was coached to stay back in the crease more. I suspect part of his great play so far is he's thinking less and playing by his natural instincts.

Cheers

#48 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu for captain!! :frantic:

Posted Image
Posted Image

#49 wai_lai416

wai_lai416

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

honestly.. everything about Luongo is brought upon by Canucks management.. they mismanaged Luongo by over playing (i know he wants to play) but you can't play him that much in a season and expect him to not be worn out considering our travel schedule. and probably lead to his groin injury a few seasons away vs pittsburgh which since he hasn't been the exact same goaltender.. also we changed his goaltending style that he was used to playing throughout his career and that requires time to fully adjust.. it's not like you all of a sudden switch a switch and become a different goalie.. Also the worse decision was to make Luongo the captain.. MG wanted to make a splash but at the same time brought unnecessary pressure on Luongo which already have enough pressure from fans and media prior to being name the captain just cause he's the goalie..

#50 Spyderr

Spyderr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Only mistake made by the team was not starting lu in the playoffs last season lu is going nowhere
Come on LU

#51 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

Posted Image

2007-08 - Last 6 games: 4.59 GAA, 0.837 Sv%
2008-09 - Last 6 games: 3.31 GAA, 0.879 Sv%
2009-10 - Last 6 games: 3.52 GAA, 0.897 Sv%
2010-11 - Last 6 games: 4.12 GAA, 0.864 Sv%

#52 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Thats is all.
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#53 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

Thats is all.

Lol

#54 klosetotheheart

klosetotheheart

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

I agree with no pressure = better play.Its so obvious that Lou feels more comfortable now that theres no pressure on him. He is playing completely lights out right now. The best part about this is it raises his trade value. Theres no doubt that he will and should be traded still (regular season play was never Luo's problem) but this just goes to show how much of a pro Luo is. Hes not in an ideal situation, and could easily be a big baby about the situation but isn't. Hes helping himself and the organization by upping his trade value, and geting some wins while hes at it.

#55 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,542 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

I always supported Luongo.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#56 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

Is stating the facts not allowed? he didnt steal crap it was a team win.

I'm no leaky Lou fanboy, but that wasn't much of a team effort. We were outplayed and Lou stole one for us.

#57 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

I always supported Luongo.

I can back you up on that one, you always have (and a lot).

#58 Rocket Robin

Rocket Robin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

The Italian vampire better not be leaving town quite yet definitely looking like he's got some game love luuuuuu :towel: :towel:

#59 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

Thats is all.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#60 ChirplikeLappy

ChirplikeLappy

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

All I am hoping for is a trade that is best for us in return and have been since day one. Lu or Schneids, dont matter to me as long as the trade is good for us

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.