The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schrodingers cat

Spaniel Sedin

Higgins is a beauty. Bit of a slow start, but consistently one of the hardest working forwards last year. Give the guy a break, getting adjusted to some new line mates, he will be fine. Manny, however, is done. Needs to hang up the skates and become full time F/0 instructor to Burrows and Schroeder.

I think he should stay up, but not because of the shootout attempt. He has played well so far. I don't think he is good enough for a Top 6 role quite yet but he has looked comfortable and he can definitely keep up with the big boys.

My lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Schroeder-Kesler

Raymond-Burrows-Hansen

Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise/Manny/Higgins

Higgins has disappointed, and if he doesn't pick it up, I'm afraid JS will take his spot. Schroeder has been nothing short of superb. Not that he's racking up points, but he works so hard that I feel it's unfair to send him down. The points will come. It's either Higgins, Weise, or Manny will get that last spot.

Schroeder has been playing well and getting better adapted to the NHL game, but some of you are vastly overstating his play. Malhotra has been doing exactly what he is paid to do. Higgins will come along, slow start but nobody can question his work ethic.

Crazy comments on this board sometimes.

Schroeder should stay with the team. He hasn't put up points, but he's had at least 5-6 very good chances in his 6 games to score his first goal. He's fit in very well and doesn't hurt the team. When Kesler and Booth are back, he should stay

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - Kesler - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Booth

Malhotra - Lapierre - Hansen

Volpatti/Weise

Not sure why anyone wants to get rid of Manny in a year we are going all out for a cup.

He is a very good 4th line center for us, and for a 4th line center he plays a pretty important role for our team with him being the best faceoff man in the league. Yeah his cap hit isn't great but we can afford it and then he will re-sign for less next year.

nice post OP! hilarious! Nice lead-in!

schrodinger's cat has more to do with uncertainty than parallel dimensions. And the "neither yes nor no" undecided state. Depending on how much you want to get into it, and if you believe string theory and the existence of the multiverse, those other dimensions are theory only, and may not exist at all. It's kind of like living inside a box that you cannot get out of, and wondering if there are other boxes. Or it is like believing in life after death, but you won't ever find out until you are dead.

Einstein's general theory of relativity introduced the concept of space-time, which could be seen as another dimension, but really just a redefinition of our existing theories of space and time - and the redefinition of gravity - ergo why it was so brilliant. Einstein spent the last half of his life trying to tie quantum physics (which he also discovered) to his general theory. Which is what string theory is all about, but it does so with unprovable theories. which may be correct... but it's just like being in a box you can't get out of wondering if there are other boxes...

And Hawking doesn't believe in string theory at all (http://space.about.com/b/2010/09/14/hawkings-new-take-on-the-theory-of-everything.htm) He doesn't think there is a theory of everything apparently...

But I think Shroeder's cat actually scored the goal, and it wasn't until the goal judge was effected by the gravitational wave through through space-time of the puck dribbling through the goalie that we attributed it to Schroeder. Of course, it didn't exist before we observed it ;)

Schroeder has definetly earned a spot. I think him and Raymond are developing some chemistry so once Kesler and Booth get back these would be my preferred lines:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Malhotra - Lapierre

The third line may not be the biggest/best fit for the playoffs, but that would be arguably one of the fastest lines in the NHL.

Schroeder has been one of the more reliable forwards on the team since he was called up. He's proved he can play against big NHLers, and he's been robbed of a couple of goals. As long as he continues to improve he'll continue to stay with the team, even after Kesler is back.

If you're looking to add a little size to his line after Kesler comes back you can move Burrows back with the Sedins and put Kassian with him so the lines will be something like:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Hansen/Higgins

Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian

Lapierre-Malhotra-Volpatti/Weise

Archived