volpatti-Malhotra-weise

#32 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,418 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:24 AM

Not sure why anyone wants to get rid of Manny in a year we are going all out for a cup.

He is a very good 4th line center for us, and for a 4th line center he plays a pretty important role for our team with him being the best faceoff man in the league. Yeah his cap hit isn't great but we can afford it and then he will re-sign for less next year.

zackass.png

#33 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

My lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Schroeder-Kesler
Raymond-Burrows-Hansen
Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise/Manny/Higgins

Nope, not a hope, you can't put a 5 foot 8 guy on the Kesler line.

lol no. I personally like...

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins/Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Higgins/Raymond-Lapierre-Malhotra

This is getting closer, but really if we are keeping him, it is to be Manny's replacement. I don't see him on our line up much this season if we are healthy. None of us know how he will perform in an actual physical game like an LA - Van playoff series. His current play suggests he would be useless. His speed helps open up chances, but his size will not allow him to grind out goals on a second line.

#34 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,438 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Burrows - Kesler - Booth
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Malhotra - Lapierre
Weise
Volpatti

That's amazing depth up front, and makes you think that we don't really need to deal a goalie away for a top-6 forward.
Posted Image

#35 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

nice post OP! hilarious! Nice lead-in!

schrodinger's cat has more to do with uncertainty than parallel dimensions. And the "neither yes nor no" undecided state. Depending on how much you want to get into it, and if you believe string theory and the existence of the multiverse, those other dimensions are theory only, and may not exist at all. It's kind of like living inside a box that you cannot get out of, and wondering if there are other boxes. Or it is like believing in life after death, but you won't ever find out until you are dead.

Einstein's general theory of relativity introduced the concept of space-time, which could be seen as another dimension, but really just a redefinition of our existing theories of space and time - and the redefinition of gravity - ergo why it was so brilliant. Einstein spent the last half of his life trying to tie quantum physics (which he also discovered) to his general theory. Which is what string theory is all about, but it does so with unprovable theories. which may be correct... but it's just like being in a box you can't get out of wondering if there are other boxes...

And Hawking doesn't believe in string theory at all (http://space.about.c...-everything.htm) He doesn't think there is a theory of everything apparently...

But I think Shroeder's cat actually scored the goal, and it wasn't until the goal judge was effected by the gravitational wave through through space-time of the puck dribbling through the goalie that we attributed it to Schroeder. Of course, it didn't exist before we observed it ;)

#36 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,700 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

Schroeder has definetly earned a spot. I think him and Raymond are developing some chemistry so once Kesler and Booth get back these would be my preferred lines:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen
Higgins - Malhotra - Lapierre

The third line may not be the biggest/best fit for the playoffs, but that would be arguably one of the fastest lines in the NHL.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#37 WeDreamOfStanley

WeDreamOfStanley

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Nope, not a hope, you can't put a 5 foot 8 guy on the Kesler line.

Why not? That line is missing a passer, if St.Louis was a Canuck would you say you can't put a guy that small on Keslers line?

Why would Shredder not thrive on a line with two strong fast physical shooters like Kess and Booth? Maybe he'd more likely be on the wing as Kes is a lock for C.

#38 forklift_ole

forklift_ole

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:49 AM

Schroeder has been one of the more reliable forwards on the team since he was called up. He's proved he can play against big NHLers, and he's been robbed of a couple of goals. As long as he continues to improve he'll continue to stay with the team, even after Kesler is back.

If you're looking to add a little size to his line after Kesler comes back you can move Burrows back with the Sedins and put Kassian with him so the lines will be something like:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Booth-Kesler-Hansen/Higgins
Raymond-Schroeder-Kassian
Lapierre-Malhotra-Volpatti/Weise

#39 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

Nope, not a hope, you can't put a 5 foot 8 guy on the Kesler line

Why? He's fast so he can keep up with Booth and Kes. Why would you put a 5' 8" guy on a third line?
Posted Image

#40 Matt_T83

Matt_T83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

My lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth--Kesler-Burrows
Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen
Lapierre-Manny-Weise/Higgins

I corrected it for you sir. Volpatti lays hits and he's tough, but I'm not sure he has a spot on this team. Burrows should FOR SURE be a winger beside Kesler. If you believe otherwise you're nuts. The 3rd line with Hansen and Raymond is a GREAT secondary scoring line for Schroeder to be on.

Fourth line needs manny to win faceoffs, and lapierre to annoy. I'm tempted to say keep Weise and get rid of Higgins... but I like Higgins. That said, trade Higgins for some picks. Our future is getting thin past the next 3-4 years.

#41 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Schroeder has been unsuccessful at switching over to the wing, so I don't know why he would have any effect on Higgins' role. Unless Raymond is going to be joined at his hip for the entire season and playoffs, I really don't see Higgy getting bumped or moved.

On the other hand, I think it is better for Shroeds development if he stays on the parent team. It would be nice to see him on a line with some goal scorers, but unfortunatley we only have one line that can do that. It seemed to be a huge problem for the coaching staff to allow Hodgson to play 2nd line center last year. Given that Schroeds doesn't play wing, I wonder if he will face the same roadblock as Hodgson.

#42 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

Schroeder has been unsuccessful at switching over to the wing, so I don't know why he would have any effect on Higgins' role. Unless Raymond is going to be joined at his hip for the entire season and playoffs, I really don't see Higgy getting bumped or moved.

On the other hand, I think it is better for Shroeds development if he stays on the parent team. It would be nice to see him on a line with some goal scorers, but unfortunatley we only have one line that can do that. It seemed to be a huge problem for the coaching staff to allow Hodgson to play 2nd line center last year. Given that Schroeds doesn't play wing, I wonder if he will face the same roadblock as Hodgson.

Wasn't he successful on the wing with Hodgson at center on the Moose, and only sucked when he had some plugs centering him?

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#43 casofilia.canuck.nz

casofilia.canuck.nz

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

"One swallow doesn't make a summer" but let's hope it is a good sign for the future. The radio gives him very positive raps, hope he continues to improve and gets a long term place in the line-up.

Go Canucks Go
Go CANUCKS Go.

#44 Sergei Shirokov

Sergei Shirokov

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

I'd love to see him on Kesler and Booth's wing. Two players that could actually finish. Schroeder seems to play better with faster players (Raymond/Sweatt).

My Lines when Kesler and Booth come back

D.Sedin H.Sedin Kassian
Booth Kesler Higgins
Raymond Schroeder Burrows
Malhotra Lapierre Hansen

Edited by Sergei Shirokov, 02 February 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#45 Sergei Shirokov

Sergei Shirokov

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Wasn't he successful on the wing with Hodgson at center on the Moose, and only sucked when he had some plugs centering him?

He was also successful on wing in college with Ryan Stoa and at the WJC.

#46 VicNuckleHead09

VicNuckleHead09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

So last season Higgins should be on the second line instead of Raymond and 8 games into this season he should be off the team. And Manny (playing 4th line) has the highest faceoff percentage among our centers on the team. One of the reasons he was picked up in the first place.

Schroeder has 1 assist in 6 six games playing second line and PP. Yet he's earned a spot? He doesn't have to clear waivers to go to the Wolves. Which makes him a depth player at this point. He's played well, but not well enough to take a spot from a veteran.

Thank you! Someone had to say that!!!!

Sick of these young kids trying to trade away the team... Go back to school... you need to wipe your bums.
Posted Image
"Louuuuuuuuuu!" - Last game Attended: Vancouver vs. Penguins
Email me

#47 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,919 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

I really hope Ebbett gets waived and Shroeder plays with Kes and Booth when they get back.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#48 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,584 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Schroeder seems to have a lot of potential and as much as I am enjoying what's going on with Kassian's game I feel that perhaps Schroeder's performance is being a little overlooked by fans. I am really liking these young kids (Tanev included) they all have a lot of potential and I am actually feeling really good about the Canucks future with players like these three in our system. I also agree that Schroeder should remain in the Canuck line up once Kes and Booth return. I really like his chemistry with Raymond. He seems to really bring out the best in Ray Ray and it makes me think that Raymond will also pick up his game if he continues to play with Schroeder.

As for Higgins typical CDC pounce on a guy who everyone was screaming was the hero last year. I am so sick of everyone wanting to trade away our entire team just because a player has an off game . Yes, Higgins isn't playing to his full potential and as a fan of this team and a fan of Higgins it is frustrating to watch but I am sure as the season goes on that he will pick up his game.

I wouldn't mind seeing him reunited with Booth and Kesler for awhile to see if that will get him going once they return. Then American Express line was pretty good for us for a bit last year then again there is the question of Burrows. I kind of wonder if he is hurt, or if its just because he is playing Center and he isn't used to it? He seems off to me and I really want him to get going as well so I am wondering if perhaps Higgins should stay on the third line with Hansen and Burrows should be put with Kes and Booth? I really like Kassian with the twins I think that not only have they improved his game but over the last few games I have witnessed the amazing feat of the Sedins throwing hits! They are playing physical and this is really nice to see.

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 02 February 2013 - 12:04 PM.

m8itzp.jpg
Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#49 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Once booth booth and kes are back I wanna see booth on a line with Schroeder and Raymond. Kes and booth don't really work.

Sedins-kass
Bur- kes- Hansen (forecheck much?)
Ray- Schroeder- booth
Lappy- manny - Dutch king/Higgins

That way we'd have two legit second scoring lines. If Higgins picks it up he could take a spot in the top 9 but as of now he's the odd man out. If Schroeder gets sent down it will be madness, he definitely deserves the 3rd centre spot.

#50 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

We would be celebrating Schredds first goal if it wasn't for that interference, Raymond put it right where it needed to be. Those two together are so damn fast. Not worried about their size.

#51 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

So last season Higgins should be on the second line instead of Raymond and 8 games into this season he should be off the team. And Manny (playing 4th line) has the highest faceoff percentage among our centers on the team. One of the reasons he was picked up in the first place.

Schroeder has 1 assist in 6 six games playing second line and PP. Yet he's earned a spot? He doesn't have to clear waivers to go to the Wolves. Which makes him a depth player at this point. He's played well, but not well enough to take a spot from a veteran.

I agree 100 percent , He looks decent out there but he is not producing enough to have earned a spot on the team
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#52 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:17 AM

Lol. I find that funny too. Higgins is the new whipping boy.

At least I'm consistent in my distaste for Mayray (although his play has slightly improved).

I think Higgins has struggled this year. Not sure why but he doesnt look as fast or determined.
I hope he gets back in the zone because he is capable of playing a lot better.

#53 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

The Wolves suck period. How could anyone every expect Hodgson,Schroeder and Kassian to have success playing with plugs is beyond me. Jansen will experience it himself when he goes their next year. I hope he stay in Europe instead of the Wolves.

Schroeder would be doing better if he centered Burrows and Higgins instead. Raymond is just useless. But thanks to AV that would never happen. It makes sense but not gonna happen unless MG orders him too.

#54 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

Whoever said Higgins was not a playoff performer missed his hit on Chara and all the great work he did in the corners and in front of the net.

The player who looks like he has lost a step (because of his added muscle?) is Lapierre; seems like he has a groin issue or is skating on sand.

Both these guys and Manny bring great face-off ability and if they were to be deleted from the line-up, I would hope their replacements could do so as well.

#55 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

I did well today, I think I should stay with a goal like that.

Yes you did. I think you are likely better off developing in Vancouver now instead of Chicago. B)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.