Sedin - Edler - Bieksa

Ebbett - Kesler - Volpatti

Hamhuis - Schroeder - Frattin

Weise - Malhotra - Lappierre

Booth - Tanev

Garrison - Kassian

MacArthur - Hansen

Sorry but I decline your deal.

To give some actual criticism on the deal, OP... You really don't want to go around making deals with the sole intention of trying things that have about a snowball's chance in Mordor of working. Your proposal, quite frankly, has a plethora of them.

Disregarding the value in the deal as well as the Leaf's point of view, your entire post is a huge risk to the Nucks' system.

The most noticeable risk being your suggestion of making Edler the second line's RW. The problem here is that he's been a lifetime left-side defenseman, and is the most capable defeseman on the Canucks at the moment. Not only does this move put our already shaky defense core in a through a huge movement, but it also puts our second line's production in jeopardy. I don`t feel Edler can be a competent forward, period.

I don't think I know much about the Leafs, and so I'm not going to say anything about MacArthur/Frattin, but I don't like the idea of leaving Burrows in as a staple on centre. He's played it recently, yes, but we have two players in Lapierre and Malhotra who would be a much better option in the long run due to their faceoff prevalence and experience in the position. Burrows will be much more effective for us playing his natural left side or the right side if necessary, and I would love to have him playing with Kesler when he returns or to take on a lesser role as a bottom 6 player.

You also throw Gardiner, whom I am fairly sure is a left-side defenseman, on our third pairing with Ballard. I don't like this because Tanev and him are finding good chemistry and have arguably been our most consistent pairing thus far in the season.

I really don't think it would work. Hope you appreciate the criticism, however.

I don't want Laffs garbage players

Archived