The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

15 Future Shop and Best Buy stores to be closed

A lot of things like movies, video games or music seems like it's foolish to not buy online (or pirating seems to be the popular thing to do these days).

But for things like TVs or stereos I like to actually go in and look at the picture or hear the sound quality. I see quite a few tv's that are very expensive and high quality, that I just straight up don't like the picture quality on. It would suck to order something like that online and not like the product once its installed.

Its the same reason I don't buy clothing online. If I go into the store I can try it on, see how it fits, see how the material is, etc.

There's a lot of intangibles that you can only experience firsthand with the actual model. For example, the size of the shift keys compared to the ASDFJKL; position, or whether the trackpad interferes with the palms of your hands. I actually had my heart set on a laptop for its cost until I realized that there were so many flaws with it ergonomically that it would be a pain in the arse for me if I did get it.

Archived