Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

15 Future Shop and Best Buy stores to be closed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

#31 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,685 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:04 PM

A lot of people go to a B&M store and take advantage of the service staff etc and then order the products online without compensating the store and/or staff for their time and expertise.

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. You're already there, just buy it. Why would you then go home and wait three weeks for a discount thats nullified by shipping costs?

BO KNOWS

#32 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. You're already there, just buy it. Why would you then go home and wait three weeks for a discount thats nullified by shipping costs?

Happens all the time in my industry.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#33 Wetcoaster

Wetcoaster

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,454 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:26 PM

In the US, BB, in store, matches online prices

Same in Canada - see Post #6.
To err is human - but to really screw up you need a computer.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done and why. Then do it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Never try to teach a pig to sing - it wastes your time and annoys the pig.

#34 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,675 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

There's a lot of intangibles that you can only experience firsthand with the actual model. For example, the size of the shift keys compared to the ASDFJKL; position, or whether the trackpad interferes with the palms of your hands. I actually had my heart set on a laptop for its cost until I realized that there were so many flaws with it ergonomically that it would be a pain in the arse for me if I did get it.

Of course if you could view the product in a store that would be ideal to see its physical dimensions, but you probably will find it cheaper online.

Edited by NightHawkSniper, 02 February 2013 - 08:34 PM.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.