106 replies to this topic

#61 The Big Luongo

The Big Luongo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Weise he is almost as useless as Ebbett. Horrible skill level and tough watching a guy that big with no balls and has a spot to earn on an elite team yet still plays like a chicken.

Btw Edler doesn't need injury as an excuse he is sloppy and bad defensively even at the best of times during his whole career.

Edler's a big wild card on this team with all the minutes he gets. He better become a better all around defensemen one day or we will be paying too much and our chances of going anywhere lessen.

#62 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,601 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:59 PM

when everything fails, you can still blame AV

#63 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:09 PM

C'mon man, creating a thread to ask who the bandwagon fans will jump on next? When we've had multiple threads on AV, on Garrison, with threads on why the Sedins aren't producing and why Elder is getting RH side time but Ballard doesn't?

There are plenty of threads being critical of our players and members of management, although they haven't decided on one area to focus.

I know you think I'm condescending or elitist, but seriously, when people are creating threads like this rather than having an actual discussion, it's more than a little disheartening that someone with as many posts as you think a thread to decide on who will be the next whipping boy would be appropriate.

I suspect this thread was started as a joke, but nobody seems to have picked up on it. The response sure illustrates how CDC folks love to crap on the players, doesn't it. 8 games in already. :sadno:

#64 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Schneider is my guess. lol I've already seen signs of this happening, fans here are so loyal to the team yet so unloyal (at times) to the players, it's crazy!

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#65 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

I suspect this thread was started as a joke, but nobody seems to have picked up on it. The response sure illustrates how CDC folks love to crap on the players, doesn't it. 8 games in already. :sadno:

Either way, that's kind of my point. Joke threads (I would have said it's a sarcastic thread, but close enough) tend not to fly, and intentionally creating something like this because you believe it doesn't either.

I've yet to hear someone reply that they think this thread is a good idea, just that they think I'm on a high horse for saying out loud that it's not.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#66 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

This thread is good, and you are on a high horse for saying out loud that it's not.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#67 butters

butters

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

The fans and the media should be the whipping boys.

#68 nux4lyfe

nux4lyfe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:09 PM

Raymond still spends more time on his ass then a hastings bum..

13zpnd4.jpg

Thank You Twilight Sparkle for the dope sig!

#69 S.Mouse!

S.Mouse!

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Are you friggin KIDDING me?!

YES, Einstein.
Clearly he was in fact friggin kidding you.
Posted Image

#70 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Why not just ask King of The BS as according to his post content he appears to believe he has the inside scoop on everything?

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 02 February 2013 - 09:32 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#71 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,539 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Higgins.

307mg00.jpg

#72 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

My guess will be Higgins.

Higgins may not have points to show for it, but he has played well of late. But you are probably right, playing well gets no reprieve on CDC - ask Bieksa or Burrows - who often become whipping boys should they take a bad penalty or make a mistake.

#73 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:40 PM

Raymond still spends more time on his ass then a hastings bum..

You spend more time without a brain than a Hasting's bum.

#74 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,813 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

Weise he is almost as useless as Ebbett. Horrible skill level and tough watching a guy that big with no balls and has a spot to earn on an elite team yet still plays like a chicken.

Btw Edler doesn't need injury as an excuse he is sloppy and bad defensively even at the best of times during his whole career.

Edler's a big wild card on this team with all the minutes he gets. He better become a better all around defensemen one day or we will be paying too much and our chances of going anywhere lessen.

News Flash! Our five million dollar defenceman is not perfect - especially when playing his off side. But then, neither are our 4.6 million dollar defencemen perfect - but they are damn good, and there is hardly a team in the league that wouldn't take any one of them.

#75 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,266 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Do you honestly think this is a positive discussion on the forums we all use? I have a right to voice my opinion just as much as you, and you're welcome to ignore my posts as well if you don't want to hear it. Feel free to ignore it just like King is ignoring the reason why he got his timeout.

EDIT: I was just talking about ignoring you in the Luongo thread, and I figured I might still like to see your opinion in other threads. It's becoming more clear I probably am not going to enjoy much of what you're posting anywhere else either. I'll consider the actual ignore option instead of just passing over your posts from here on though.

by all means be my guest

#76 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,266 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Thank Old, I just dug out and played my Speaking in Tongues cassette tape.
It still holds up as the best they ever did, More songs about Buildings and Food not withstanding

love that album - thought the post might be a little too cryptic so I editted it - but hope it went over a little better than my original post.

#77 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,266 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

I see Weise as a depth scratch player who fills in on the fourth line when there are injuries, but did you watch the Boston game last year by any chance?
Weise fought Horton, and then was about to drop the gloves with McQuaid when Thornton jumped in...stepping on the ice in Boston and being the first guy repeatedly answer the bell for his teammates doesn't exactly give me the impression of a guy with "no balls."

Edited by oldnews, 02 February 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#78 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,842 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

Whip King of the BS. Nobody likes him anyway

Yeah,CDC will not tolerate discussion or entertain independent thoughts.There has to be kidschool mentality posts that bring out the little boys to whip themselves into a frenzy.

#79 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

My guess will be Higgins.

Well he did have about a dozen chances to hit Keith clean and hard, and said screw it instead.... THAT is what pissed my off about Higgins. If he can't put up points, couldn't he at least play physical?
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#80 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Do you honestly think this is a positive discussion on the forums we all use? I have a right to voice my opinion just as much as you, and you're welcome to ignore my posts as well if you don't want to hear it. Feel free to ignore it just like King is ignoring the reason why he got his timeout.

EDIT: I was just talking about ignoring you in the Luongo thread, and I figured I might still like to see your opinion in other threads. It's becoming more clear I probably am not going to enjoy much of what you're posting anywhere else either. I'll consider the actual ignore option instead of just passing over your posts from here on though.

[Enter] Paradox.

You silence him, then continue to state you have the equal right to voice your opinion that he does...

Also: completely sick of seeing people cry about post count. With all the POSTING you've done on these boards, you should know by now how irritating it is to see people mention it, am I right?

Someone who's POSTED as much as you should know better than to lord yourself over others and attempt to speak for the masses, especially when those masses are CDC, the most inbred group of people not named the Boston Bruins.

Now, to add some actual content to this post... the team plays great when they play, but they collectively stop playing 33% of any given game. IMO, that's on the coach's shoulders.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#81 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,230 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

The fans.

Unrealistic expectations, they want a cup yesterday. Criticize every move. Bitch at every bad play. And they don't even cheer loud enough.

Has to be their fault...

:lol:
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#82 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:22 AM

[Enter] Paradox.

You silence him, then continue to state you have the equal right to voice your opinion that he does...

Also: completely sick of seeing people cry about post count. With all the POSTING you've done on these boards, you should know by now how irritating it is to see people mention it, am I right?

Someone who's POSTED as much as you should know better than to lord yourself over others and attempt to speak for the masses, especially when those masses are CDC, the most inbred group of people not named the Boston Bruins.

Now, to add some actual content to this post... the team plays great when they play, but they collectively stop playing 33% of any given game. IMO, that's on the coach's shoulders.

This is where our opinions split on the topic. He created a thread to talk about which whipping boy (whether sarcastic or not) would be nominated next. I just replied in his thread. It's not against the board rules to voice my opinion, but it is to create a thread where one already exists, or where he's making fun of other posters - or serious about actually needing a new whipping boy!

He's welcome to put his opinion in the other threads that are around if he can keep it in the guidelines. I'm here in his thread talking about his topic rather than going and complaining about it by making a thread of my own to make fun of this one.

If you don't feel I'm doing that, or if you feel I'm breaking a board rule, I'd happily hear about it. I'd also be happy to hear someone say they think this thread is a good idea - which I still haven't heard yet.

You are correct in saying I mentioned his post count. However, it wasn't the typical "we need a minimum post count before people can create threads" argument. Instead I noted he'd been posting for so long I was surprised he'd create such a negative thread regardless of what I think of the common denominator on CDC.

But I guess that'll be my whipping boy for this thread, not a player, coach or GM, but the fans who turn this forum from being something fun to something useless and negative.

#83 FelixPotvin29

FelixPotvin29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

DJ Dave has been getting his ass kicked all season on CDC. Clearly its him.

#84 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

You forgot, people are still B**chin about AV.
Posted Image

#85 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

But I guess that'll be my whipping boy for this thread, not a player, coach or GM, but the fans who turn this forum from being something fun to something useless and negative.

You don't think that represents why this thread was created?

To mock all the jerks that just want to be negative all the time?

;)

Edited by Shift-4, 03 February 2013 - 10:51 AM.

Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#86 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

This is where our opinions split on the topic. He created a thread to talk about which whipping boy (whether sarcastic or not) would be nominated next. I just replied in his thread. It's not against the board rules to voice my opinion, but it is to create a thread where one already exists, or where he's making fun of other posters - or serious about actually needing a new whipping boy!

He's welcome to put his opinion in the other threads that are around if he can keep it in the guidelines. I'm here in his thread talking about his topic rather than going and complaining about it by making a thread of my own to make fun of this one.

If you don't feel I'm doing that, or if you feel I'm breaking a board rule, I'd happily hear about it. I'd also be happy to hear someone say they think this thread is a good idea - which I still haven't heard yet.

You are correct in saying I mentioned his post count. However, it wasn't the typical "we need a minimum post count before people can create threads" argument. Instead I noted he'd been posting for so long I was surprised he'd create such a negative thread regardless of what I think of the common denominator on CDC.

Did you not get the sarcasm of the original post? This thread was making fun of the very people you accuse the original poster of being!

*woosh*
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#87 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:38 AM

You forgot, people are still B**chin about AV.

That's cuz he deserves it.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

#88 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Seems like there's a fair bit of Malhotra hate in various threads.
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#89 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

You don't think that represents why this thread was created?

To mock all the jerks that just want to be negative all the time?

;)

Did you not get the sarcasm of the original post? This thread was making fun of the very people you accuse the original poster of being!

*woosh*

You don't think I know that? My first post calls him out for mocking the bandwagon fans:

C'mon man, creating a thread to ask who the bandwagon fans will jump on next?...

I guess I could expand it to include the people who are negative all the time as well, but when has a thread that is negative about a specific group of people who post in CDC ever been ok? The OP knows that, and I called him out for doing it, not for actually thinking this threads was to create a whipping boy (although I certainly allowed for the possibility).

#90 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:15 PM

Kinda looks like elvis15 is the whipping boy of the moment.........and like most 'whipping boys', it is quite undeserved.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 03 February 2013 - 12:16 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.