Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thatguy17

2012/2013 University thread

100 posts in this topic

I had the worst final exam schedule last semester! 4 exams in 4 days and then a 5 day gap before writing my last exam on the last possible day and the last possible time slot before I could leave.

I think if you have something like 3 finals in 2 days, you can apply to write the third on a different day. They're not trying to intentionally screw you over. Just ask your UGO.

I think if you have something like 3 finals in 2 days, you can apply to write the third on a different day. They're not trying to intentionally screw you over. Just ask your UGO.

i had the exams in 24.5 hours technically so I couldnt change it <_<

I got offered conditional acceptance to SFU a few days ago. Good luck again, everyone

This may be the Sauder in me talking, but kiddos in highschool: If you're from Vancouver planning on going to the Eastern side of Canada for school, really think about it carefully. I got accepted to Sauder and the Richard Ivey School of Business at UWO, and I was 95% certain that I was moving to London Ontario. I had some great conversations with some intelligent people, and decided to stay here and attend Sauder.

Fact is, I have already created such a strong connection base here in Vancouver: why let go of this?

In London, I would have to start from scratch and create an entirely new network.

Nowadays, we're all going to get the same education, it's all about who you know that is going to land you that job.

Think about it carefully!

An undergrad degree from SFU or UBC is worth about the same. I'm in the business program and chose Beedie over Sauder because they're Co op program is better, and their student endowment management program is larger. In terms of grad programs UBC is definitely better, but the schools in the East are still superior. So if you're planning to stay here it doesn't matter that much.

An undergrad degree from SFU or UBC is worth about the same. I'm in the business program and chose Beedie over Sauder because they're Co op program is better, and their student endowment management program is larger. In terms of grad programs UBC is definitely better, but the schools in the East are still superior. So if you're planning to stay here it doesn't matter that much.

Has anybody heard anything about UBC wanting their self reported marks? They said early Feb after I finished my application.

Goodluck to those on applying. I can help anyone with questions in regards to Kwantlen and/or general BC Nursing programs. Honestly, if you guys have an average of 86, you can get into anything. Uni's aren't looking for the 99 average anymore... They look at your extracurricular's, volunteer work, your personality etc...

Grades aren't everything, but don't neglect them.

Got in to UBC yesterday! how'd everyone else do?

Have to wait until May when ministry sends grades. Applied to engineering with 90.25 average. Apparently chances aren't good to get in :frantic:

I graduated from UBC, if you have any questions feel free to ask!

BBA in Accounting from Kwantlen. Anybody shed some light on this?

Is it good? Worth it?

Seems as if you just need to meet general requirements to enter year 1.

Got in to UBC yesterday! how'd everyone else do?

Anyone here gonna go to Queen's? (I don't see myself getting into UBC :( )

Ah you guys make me feel so old! Wish you all the best. I hear UBC is getting ridiculous in its admissions. When I applied 6 years ago, I was rejected from Sauder with a 90% average (probably because my supplemental sucked) and was instead accepted into Arts...it was my only rejection but it ended up being a blessing in disguise as I ended up HATING the commerce courses that I took in first year in an attempt to transfer into business. It totally wasted a year in my undergrad too. Anyways, I can't believe it has become so competitive. Good luck to all of the applicants and those who have been admitted to UBC, congrats, you're going to have an amazing experience.

Got into Sauder in March. I had a 95% average and imo my supplemental was above average.

Any advice on what electives I should take next year?

Got into Sauder in March. I had a 95% average and imo my supplemental was above average.

Any advice on what electives I should take next year?