The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2012/2013 University thread

thatguy17

That's surprising. I'm in biz and I love it here. I chose it over Sauder. Within my first year I already had the opportunities to meet tons of big corporate professionals and network with some pretty successful people. Profs are fun and engaging and Beedie has so many events across every concentration along with tooons of other things such as case comps etc.

I'm really surprised haha. Guess people have different experiences. Hope it gets better for you!

PS. Beedie won academic school of the year at JDC West (prestigious case competition that schools across Western Canada compete at).

Yeah there are times where it can kill time spent to studying, but it's pretty much up to the person if they want it to. The social activities are definitely out there... you'll be able to find some place to spend your time everyday in the greek system. Some people let it affect them, others realize they're at University for a reason: to get an education.

It's also not all partying, my resume has expanded immensely from all the philanthropy work we do.

Saw that link from the ubyssey, happy to see it work out for them :)

Archived