The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

we need to make 1 little adjustment

406281dylan

I think that AV found his new aaron Rome and that is Dale Weise, i hate how every game i watch schroeder and Raymond generate some solid offense and weise cant finish plays. I have nothing against weise but he is not a 3rd liner, and his stats show it, he has 0 points and a -2 this season. i think last night AV showed trust in Lapierre when he used him in shootouts after he was one of are most consistent forwards last night especially in the faceoff and takeaway category. Lapierre played 1 game on the 3rd and he was a plus 1 before getting demoted to the 4th then injuring his groin and ankle, but yet on the 4th Lapierre has some how still produced more then weise despite playing with ebbett,volpatti and malhotra averaging 10 min of ice time a game. He has put up 1 unassisted goal and is leading are team in takeways, and is 2nd on are team in the plus minus category with a +2, I think AV needs to give lapierre a fair chance on the 3rd and put weise back to the fourth.

My lines moving on are

Sedins-Kassian

Hansen-Burrows-Higgins

Raymond-Schroder-Lapierre

Volpatti-Manny-Weise

What do u guys think?

I agree that Weise is a fourth liner. I don't mind his game in that role, but he does seem to have either a vision problem or a reluctance to pass the puck, and when he's playing with guys like Schroeder and Raymond, it is a compromise.

Strange you would say that I was annoyed last season how few times he picked out Volpatti (before his injury he (Volpatti) was getting star ratings for his checking play if you recall) I thought there might have been a reluctance because Volpatti was getting into good positions to receive and maybe Weise didn't want to elevate his profile with laying on any goals.

Is it possible he is seeing the same threat now from Schroeder? I hope not, as it wouldn't be the Canucks way.

Archived