Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

POPULAR

what do u think .......

lets look at the team with kesler and booth

do u think the canucks would rather have a Center? or mason raymond come playoffs

I like the kid jordan over mason raymond

Im all in for trading Mason Raymond I don't see him excelling when it comes to playoffs simply same old raymond not using his speed and going to the net just taking shots from outside.......sigh

#2 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,114 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Na. 3 points in 8 games. Maybe if he has a solid season but nobody is going to buy 3 goals in 8 games as finding his game again.
Posted Image

#3 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Who cares, we're keeping him
Posted Image

#4 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

POPULAR

He's signed for 1 year, not much he can do to up his value to other teams. Really just our own.

Teams that "borrow" a player, are usually contenders looking for someone to put em over the edge. Mayray is my favorite player, but I don't think anyone is saying "oooo gotta get Raymond to push for that cup!!".

Edited by CanucksSayEh, 02 February 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#5 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Na. 3 points in 8 games. Maybe if he has a solid season but nobody is going to buy 3 goals in 8 games as finding his game again.

All 3 of his goals have come with the other team at less than full strength.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#6 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,894 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

I like the way he's played this season. he's skating well, except for a couple of falls lol (:
He just needs to crash the net a bit more.
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#7 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

The only value he has his is speed and somewhat of a defensive awareness with some offensive flash.. A few teams covet that but no, his value hasn't increased.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#8 jwizenhl

jwizenhl

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

He looks light years better this year compared to the last couple.

#9 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Maybe not increased his trade value but starting to solidify it.

#10 tigerwilliams for pm

tigerwilliams for pm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

He looks good right now.

#11 BCNeil

BCNeil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

Its almost like nobody knows his contract is up this season......
At which point any team can sign him in the summer.
Not sure why they would trade for him. Considering he isn't great in the playoffs, I don't see any team making a run at the trade deadline really wanting him. As well as teams not going to make the playoffs, won't give anything for him, if they can simply sign him.

But carry on :picard:

#12 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

I like what he is creating with Schroeder. We shouldn't be surprised as Schroeder loved playing with Billy Sweatt, another flyer.
I still think the best player to play with them would be Burrows though............or maybe even Hansen, let's see what blistering pace could do.
Kevin.jpg

#13 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Not sure why they would trade for him. Considering he isn't great in the playoffs, I don't see any team making a run at the trade deadline really wanting him. As well as teams not going to make the playoffs, won't give anything for him, if they can simply sign him.

Who is?
Kevin.jpg

#14 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

Hmm, constantly being shuffled through the lines and even being a healthy scratch a couple times. Cant seem to find his stride. Wouldn't be surprised if the jets scooped him up.

Posted Image

#15 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,537 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

His value has increased in that he's recovered from that horrible injury. He has his skills and he certainly doesn't hurt a team. It will be interesting to see which line he ends up on after trade deadline.

#16 Understand

Understand

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

I don't know why pepole are saying Raymond is playing good. He continues to plays like a minor leaguer, skate circles or along the boards, and loses the puck. When he tries to shoot, 90% of the time the defender already put his stick on the puck and defect it off somewhere.....

Raymond continues to be a disappointment and quite a useless player out there. The rookie who socred on the SO last night looks better than him on the ice.

Edited by Understand, 02 February 2013 - 06:26 PM.

#17 cc_devil

cc_devil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

Europe is calling!
A good place for a fast skater that always resorts to a perimeter game.

#18 forklift_ole

forklift_ole

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:44 PM

I don't know why pepole are saying Raymond is playing good. He continues to plays like a minor leaguer, skate circles or along the boards, and loses the puck. When he tries to shoot, 90% of the time the defender already put his stick on the puck and defect it off somewhere.....

Raymond continues to be a disappointment and quite a useless player out there. The rookie who socred on the SO last night looks better than him on the ice.

First of all, you're right, Schroeder does look better. Second, I'll never understand how Raymond became a fallen superstar on this board. He had one year where he scored 25 goals. One year! He's got three goals this year, which is more than anyone but Edler and Kassian, he's +2, only 4 penalty minutes. What more can you expect from the guy? He's never been a top player, he never will be a top player, no one (except mad CDC posters) ever thought he'd be a top player. What he is is a guy who can score a few goals, rush with the puck, and not get make mistakes that end in goals against. I think he's doing his job great, better than last year certainly.

As for the original topic, as a soon-to-be UFA he has very little value. If a team is desperate for speed and a touch of offense maybe a second round pick, but I don't see that happening. I'd say, at best, a conditional pick from Washington is what we'd get (third rounder, second rounder if Raymond is re-signed). He's even more worthless as part of a package deal so I doubt he's going anywhere this season.

#19 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

wow, someone or all of you seem to have issues that you cant resolve. mayray is a solid team player. seems like nothing he does is good enough for you. maybe we can trade you guys as fans to another team and get some loyal ones.

#20 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

My guess is if people keep jumping on the Keith Ballard wagon, then Booth will be traded and Raymond will be resigned for less than Booth's salary and regain his spot on the 2nd line with Kes. His play has been so-so as of late, he played great in the first few games but his play has went down a little since. I think he needs to be bumped up to the 2nd and Higgins moved down to the 3rd.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#21 Drop Em

Drop Em

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:58 PM

"Considering he isn't great in the playoffs"??? That's a very nice way of saying it, when in all actuality he's almost completely useless in the playoffs. 2 goals in his last 29 games and 5 in his lat 41 despite playing on the second line and being given every opportunity to succeed in an offensive role.....and failing miserably at it. But, he has played slightly better this year, so now might be the time to trade him......and get fair market value = a set of used water bottle holders and a couple of sets of new skate laces.

#22 CIaude Giroux

CIaude Giroux

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:13 PM

Who cares, we're keeping him

Exactly what I was going to say

ob27hYW.jpg

#23 CowtownCanuck

CowtownCanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

Raymond along with a prospect could be a likely piece of the puzzle in a Luongo trade. He is looking back to form this season.

#24 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,941 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

With 2 injuries in our top 6, I don't think we will trade him.

307mg00.jpg

#25 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Yes, the reason he's playing so well is because he wants to be traded.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 03 February 2013 - 08:54 AM.

Posted Image

#26 howswedeitis76

howswedeitis76

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

Don't see him being the main piece of any trade, but if moved it will be a "value add" for a larger acquisition. To get a better top 2 line forward for Luongo, perhaps, they might toss in Raymond to sweeten the pot for a better candidate. Other than that? I don't think he's likely to go anywhere.

#27 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

"Considering he isn't great in the playoffs"??? That's a very nice way of saying it, when in all actuality he's almost completely useless in the playoffs. 2 goals in his last 29 games and 5 in his lat 41 despite playing on the second line and being given every opportunity to succeed in an offensive role.....and failing miserably at it. But, he has played slightly better this year, so now might be the time to trade him......and get fair market value = a set of used water bottle holders and a couple of sets of new skate laces.

Just a second, this is this year. This year, if you take away Edler and the first line, Raymond is the next highest scorer, in addition he is a plus player - something Daniel can't say among our left-wingers.

#28 Kumquats

Kumquats

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

Just a second, this is this year. This year, if you take away Edler and the first line, Raymond is the next highest scorer, in addition he is a plus player - something Daniel can't say among our left-wingers.

I bring up three seasons ago when he had 53 points. That put him in the top 100 point getters in the league. 30 teams, the top line for each team equals 90 players right there. Still pretty good for a 2nd / 3rd line player.

Edited by DRCN SLYR, 02 February 2013 - 11:05 PM.

Posted Image

#29 Drop Em

Drop Em

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:17 PM

Actually, you're wrong, because Hamuis also has more points and Burrows and Hansen have the same amount. So, we actually have the whole first line, 2 third liners and 2 d-men who have as many or more points than him. And what makes you think that he will be any better come playoff time? Face it, the guy completely disappears when the going gets tough and physical and his playoff stats are reflective of that. He's a playoff turtle. I did say that he was playing better this year but we all know what happens to him when the games really mean something.

#30 #RyanKesler17

#RyanKesler17

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Raymond's playing good. Thought we would see him in the shootout last night but guess not

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.