The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Has Mason Raymond finally increased his trade value

yete

Its almost like nobody knows his contract is up this season......

At which point any team can sign him in the summer.

Not sure why they would trade for him. Considering he isn't great in the playoffs, I don't see any team making a run at the trade deadline really wanting him. As well as teams not going to make the playoffs, won't give anything for him, if they can simply sign him.

But carry on :picard:

Don't see him being the main piece of any trade, but if moved it will be a "value add" for a larger acquisition. To get a better top 2 line forward for Luongo, perhaps, they might toss in Raymond to sweeten the pot for a better candidate. Other than that? I don't think he's likely to go anywhere.

"Considering he isn't great in the playoffs"??? That's a very nice way of saying it, when in all actuality he's almost completely useless in the playoffs. 2 goals in his last 29 games and 5 in his lat 41 despite playing on the second line and being given every opportunity to succeed in an offensive role.....and failing miserably at it. But, he has played slightly better this year, so now might be the time to trade him......and get fair market value = a set of used water bottle holders and a couple of sets of new skate laces.

I've been watching fans value Raymond for the last couple of games and it's rather funny. First, he's a nobody and sucks, then he has a couple games and people want him re-signed for 4 Million per year, and now i don't even..

Yeah, I'd trade em or let him walk in the off season.

Raymond has a low salary, is versatile and has tons of speed. Lots of teams would like him, but, based on his injury history, would most likely give little for him. I've been as frustrated with Raymond as many here on this board, but, he really has little value and he isn't playing poorly this season, anyways.

MayRay can play wing anywhere on the top 3 lines, he kills penalties, he is good defensively... What's not to like? I think his 25 goal season is haunting him. He's never been, and never will be, the elite player that Canuck's fans want him to be. Let him play his game, at a reasonable price, and move on. He certainly isn't hurting the club, from what I can see, this season.

Raymond's biggest weakness is that he is not strong on his skates. Neither is Schroeder, but, according to many on this board, he is the second coming.

The fact that he almost went to salary arbitration likely means the team is expecting more from him and it'll be up to him to prove his worth. I feel he's doing that and he can be a valuable asset. His speed certainly does help us gain the zone and, although most focus on the falling down part (thus missing the rest), he actually does play with a bit of an edge. I like his drive and enthusiasm for the game and hope it works out. Now that the back is healed he seems to be less tentative - you have to consider that an injury like that takes away a bit of the focus, as your instinct kicks in to protect yourself. And, I mean really, who can fault a guy for being a little leery/cautious after having a broken back?

Although the Eeyore factor is strong in this OP, we'll let this ride out as people are engaging in discussion.

(No worries, Mayray....got your back here)

Archived