Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Has Mason Raymond finally increased his trade value

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
46 replies to this topic

#31 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,370 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

Well, we kinda need him right now with Kesler and Booth out. Once they come back, I think either Booth or Raymond will be moved.
Posted Image

#32 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

As our only 2nd liner, I would sure hope so! haahha

#33 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

I've been watching fans value Raymond for the last couple of games and it's rather funny. First, he's a nobody and sucks, then he has a couple games and people want him re-signed for 4 Million per year, and now i don't even..

Yeah, I'd trade em or let him walk in the off season.

Edited by Rey, 03 February 2013 - 04:02 AM.

#34 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,332 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:37 AM

He looks light years better this year compared to the last couple.

Yep. Im impressed so far with him.

He is using different areas for his skating/speed. Appears to be keeping his head up more and Is making nifty plays.

2sa1qgh.jpg

The Canucks Playoff preparation

#35 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,791 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

Raymond along with a prospect could be a likely piece of the puzzle in a Luongo trade. He is looking back to form this season.

Why would they trade Luongo?

#36 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Raymond has a low salary, is versatile and has tons of speed. Lots of teams would like him, but, based on his injury history, would most likely give little for him. I've been as frustrated with Raymond as many here on this board, but, he really has little value and he isn't playing poorly this season, anyways.

MayRay can play wing anywhere on the top 3 lines, he kills penalties, he is good defensively... What's not to like? I think his 25 goal season is haunting him. He's never been, and never will be, the elite player that Canuck's fans want him to be. Let him play his game, at a reasonable price, and move on. He certainly isn't hurting the club, from what I can see, this season.

Raymond's biggest weakness is that he is not strong on his skates. Neither is Schroeder, but, according to many on this board, he is the second coming.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#37 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

somewhere above a bag of pucks and below a 3rd round draft pick
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#38 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,087 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

The fact that he almost went to salary arbitration likely means the team is expecting more from him and it'll be up to him to prove his worth. I feel he's doing that and he can be a valuable asset. His speed certainly does help us gain the zone and, although most focus on the falling down part (thus missing the rest), he actually does play with a bit of an edge. I like his drive and enthusiasm for the game and hope it works out. Now that the back is healed he seems to be less tentative - you have to consider that an injury like that takes away a bit of the focus, as your instinct kicks in to protect yourself. And, I mean really, who can fault a guy for being a little leery/cautious after having a broken back?

Although the Eeyore factor is strong in this OP, we'll let this ride out as people are engaging in discussion.

(No worries, Mayray....got your back here)

2421657-1-1-1-1-1.jpg

You can be livin the dream at home. Dont even need to put yer pants on.

-Offensive Threat

#39 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,431 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

If we can't resign him at some point during the regular season, I say trade him. Take what ever draft pick you can get so we don't end up with nothing. In any event, we have some young prospects comming up in the system that could replace him anyways.

Edited by Snake Doctor, 03 February 2013 - 09:19 AM.

Posted Image

#40 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

Raymond been one of our better players in the last 2 playoff series. Both large and physical teams, where as the guys on this team that get slobbered over for being "tougher", don't do squat.

#41 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,596 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

Well, the Raymond I've been watching has been driving the puck up ice harder than in years past. But rather than just going wide, he's been cutting hard, sometimes to the net on the inside or pulling up and delivering crisp passes to players driving through lanes created by his speed. In short, his, and the teams, puck possession has been much stronger.

And he does what he always has; back-checking, fore-checking...

Yes Raymond is clearly improved!

But its too early for any significant difference to his trade value...

#42 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,948 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:41 PM

Finally?
Is Raymond finally feeling like himself again?
I hope so.
It looks like it, and he's playing very good hockey.
I think people tend to underestimate his value. He does a lot of things well.

#43 VIC_CITY

VIC_CITY

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

I don't know why pepole are saying Raymond is playing good. He continues to plays like a minor leaguer, skate circles or along the boards, and loses the puck. When he tries to shoot, 90% of the time the defender already put his stick on the puck and defect it off somewhere.....

Raymond continues to be a disappointment and quite a useless player out there. The rookie who socred on the SO last night looks better than him on the ice.

I've been a Raymond hater for 2+ years and even I'll admit that he looks significantly better this year. The 2 things that stand out to me are his wrist shot and his stick handling in tight areas.

Dare I say he's worth a 3rd round pick now?? We might even be lucky enough to get a late 2nd round pick! Am I dreaming?

#44 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,844 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Finally?
Is Raymond finally feeling like himself again?
I hope so.
It looks like it, and he's playing very good hockey.
I think people tend to underestimate his value. He does a lot of things well.

Yes and he is also one our best backcheckers on the team outside of Kesler, Burrows and Hansen and plays good in all 3 zones.

#45 Drop Em

Drop Em

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

Raymond been one of our better players in the last 2 playoff series. Both large and physical teams, where as the guys on this team that get slobbered over for being "tougher", don't do squat.

Yup....and his astounding production in the playoffs(enter sarcasm) are reflective of that...with his 2 goals in his past 29 games!

#46 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,700 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

It won't matter if Raymond starts playing better. Once Kesler returns. Raymond will suck and Mr.Higgins will be the hero again.

#47 badbeatjackpot

badbeatjackpot

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,557 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Although I think he's improved from last season, it still drives me nuts when I see him have a half step on a defencemen flying down the wing but he doesnt have the balls to dig down and cut to the net. Instead, it's pretty much a guarantee that he will slam on the breaks and button hook on the half wall and go back towards the blue line circling.

The day he finds the confidence to cut to the net instead of stopping, he will become a dynamic player that I'd want to keep. However, if he is not capable of doing this EVER, I still think we should trade him.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.