The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Time to revamp the bottom 6?

Lui's Knob

Yeah Raymond, Malholtra and Weise need to go.

Third line should be Hansen Schroeder and Higgins when Booth and Kesler return.

As for now , wake up AV!!!!!! this team needs some offence.Drop the bloody dump and chase. Give Schroeder a chance with some wingers ie. Burrows Schroeder Higgins line. Its worth a freakin try. As for Raymond; whatever the third line with Weise and Lappierre and find him a trade when Kesler and Booth are back.

Once Kesler gets back I hope Manny is out of the line up. Kesler is great at face offs so we won't need Manny close to as much.

I would way rather have someone who can lay big hits then someone who just wins face offs.... sure it's important, but not that important.

I have been really disappointed with Higgins this year so far, has barely lifted a finger. And Malhotra is a lost cause altogether. We definitely need to upgrade both of those guys if we want to have depth on our team again... Or at least Manny for sure. Regardless of whether or not he's a great guy (which he is, because i met him and know) but since the eye injury, he has NOT been able to come close to his old form. It's another case like Ohlund, except even then I didn't want Ohlund to leave.

I really don't get the "Malhotra must go" sentiment. According to NHL.com he is statistically the best FO centre in the league at 70.6%. True it's only through 6 games but he's always been among the league-leaders in this category.

People need to understand that AV's system is to have Manny take PK and defensive zone face-offs which allows the scoring lines (Sedins and, when he gets healthy, Kesler) to take offensive zone face-offs.

I could care less about his point totals - he serves a vital role in AV's system and he does his job well IMO.

I can't even remember Malhotra being involved in a decent scoring chance all season long. Getting an offensive player for Luongo, and the return of Kes and Booth will obviously cure a lot of the problems.

Would love to see the line of Higgins Burrows Hansen as our 3rd (shutdown line). As boring as the team has been to watch this year, this unit gives up very very few scoring chances. I feel they could match up with any top line in the league, and shut them down. Be great to free up Kesler to a more offensive role when he returns.

A 4th line of Raymond, Schroeder and ??? would look good. I feel the play of Schroeder and Raymond together has been one of the few bright spots of this early season.

Hopefully, we can package Luongo with some other parts to get a top 6 RW to play with Kesler and Booth.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Kessel??

Higgins Burrows Hansen

Raymond Schroeder (Lap,Weisse,Volpatt)

Would be as strong as any 4 lines in the entire league.

Team can afford to be a bit patient (sux). 3rd in conference is fine, may even grab 1st, as Chi/St L and SJ have tougher schedules.

Archived