31 replies to this topic

#31 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

I really don't get the "Malhotra must go" sentiment. According to NHL.com he is statistically the best FO centre in the league at 70.6%. True it's only through 6 games but he's always been among the league-leaders in this category.

People need to understand that AV's system is to have Manny take PK and defensive zone face-offs which allows the scoring lines (Sedins and, when he gets healthy, Kesler) to take offensive zone face-offs.

I could care less about his point totals - he serves a vital role in AV's system and he does his job well IMO.
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#32 nickels

nickels

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

I can't even remember Malhotra being involved in a decent scoring chance all season long. Getting an offensive player for Luongo, and the return of Kes and Booth will obviously cure a lot of the problems.

Would love to see the line of Higgins Burrows Hansen as our 3rd (shutdown line). As boring as the team has been to watch this year, this unit gives up very very few scoring chances. I feel they could match up with any top line in the league, and shut them down. Be great to free up Kesler to a more offensive role when he returns.

A 4th line of Raymond, Schroeder and ??? would look good. I feel the play of Schroeder and Raymond together has been one of the few bright spots of this early season.

Hopefully, we can package Luongo with some other parts to get a top 6 RW to play with Kesler and Booth.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Booth Kesler Kessel??

Higgins Burrows Hansen
Raymond Schroeder (Lap,Weisse,Volpatt)

Would be as strong as any 4 lines in the entire league.

Team can afford to be a bit patient (sux). 3rd in conference is fine, may even grab 1st, as Chi/St L and SJ have tougher schedules.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.