Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Comprehensive list of trade destinations for Luongo.

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#61 SeaBass

SeaBass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

I think realistically some players we should target are Matt Frattin and Dmitry Orlov. Both could help us next year and we could still get more onto of those 2.

With the cap coming down we will likely either have to trade a defenseman or some top 9 forwards go, in which case both Orlov and Frattin could come in handy.

Proposed deals:

To Washington: Roberto Luongo, Andrew Ebbett

To Vancouver: Dmitry Orlov, Matt Perreault, Micheal Nuevirth, 1st Round Pick,

(Could maybe add another mid range prospect or a 3rd)

or

To Toronto: Roberto Luongo

To Vancouver: Matt Frattin, Matt Finn, 1st

No offense but I would NEVER do either of these deals. EVER. If this is al Gillis was asking for I think Luongo would be in Toronto

#62 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

McGuire and co. speculating on Gillis being at the Wash/Pitts game:

• Not likely a casual scouting trip
  • Van has two good goalies in play, very complimentary of Luongo's recent play with no negative talk
  • Suggesting Wash prospects are a possible option, with Orlov, Kuznetsov and Forsberg mentioned specifically
  • Oates under pressure

I was pleased when I saw that they were in WSH. I think if they're watching the game, then they're looking at roster players. I think simply by just being in WSH it puts the pressure on other potential trade partners to get a move on. I could see a deal happening quickly. :bigblush:

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#63 SeaBass

SeaBass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Okay so aside from Orlov (Who IMO could really help us, brings some of the qualities we lost with Ehrhoff going)

What else could we ask from Washington? We won't get a top guy (E.I Kuznetsov, Forsberg, Wilson) But we could ask for secondary prospects.

Personally though I would want a 1st, as Washington doesn't seem to be afraid to trade 1st's, and since Washington got 2 highly sought after prospects in last years 1st round,. maybe they could see it as expendable for the right deal.

Then are we going to want Nuevirth in the deal? Or should we look elsewhere, and is Matt Perreault a consideration as a good depth guy (better than what we currently have) since he wants to go and has been a healthy scratch for them quite alot.

Any feedback?

I think we could get one of either Forsberg or Wilson in a deal. I'd take Neuvirth back but would prefer Holtby. To me, Matt Perreault isnt anything special. Could probably get him off waivers at some point in the next year if we really wanted him.
In a perfect world : Johansson, Holtby, and Wilson for Luongo

#64 SeaBass

SeaBass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

I'm sorry, but you need to sell me on why NYI would be a viable trading partner. From the Canuck's perspective I can't see Luongo willing to go there, and from the Islanders perspective I can't see how that organization can afford his contract, or for that matter buyout Dipietro.

Just to further my point, here is Dipietro's buyout - It's 16 years with a 1.5m cap hit each year : http://www.capgeek.c...=06&buyout_d=15

From Luongo's perspective, I dont think he'd would waive to go there. I amdit that wuld be a long, long shot. From the Islanders standpoint (Snow and Wang) , anythings possible. Seriously... anything.

#65 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

In summing up while I like quite a few of your young hopefuls, trading Lu, maybe even as a package (and I don't agree with this move anyway) is probably one of the few chances to get something big, something this team really needs and I don't see any of these "futures" helping us in our SC quest with our window closing.
I feel our team is good but not a SC winning team. We might even struggle due to losing Lu. However where we do struggle is the attritional best of 7 format and it's effect on our relatively "light" players. We need to get bigger, meaner and acquire at least another 2 players who can dish it out as well as take it.

Fair enough. I tried to target a lot of up and comers, like what Holmgren did in Philly with the Carter/Richards trade. If we can't get seasoned vets back from a deal, might as well get guys that are almost in the NHL, with potential that we can mold.

In terms of meanness there is Tom Wilson out of WSH and Alex Petrovic out of FLA, a youtube search on either of these players results in some decent goonery.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#66 SeaBass

SeaBass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

I was pleased when I saw that they were in WSH. I think if they're watching the game, then they're looking at roster players. I think simply by just being in WSH it puts the pressure on other potential trade partners to get a move on. I could see a deal happening quickly. :bigblush:

Just thinking about Washington and their prospects and players makes me realize that they have more players that I would want to see here than almost any other team. (That they would actually move).
Brouwer, Carlson, Forsberg, Kuznetsov, Wilson, Alzner, Laich, Johansson, Holtby....

#67 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

As everyone is now talking perfect world; here is mine

John Carlson
Michal Neuvirth
Marcus Johansson

for

Luongo and change (Possibly Higgins, if they prefer to get some help on offense)
+ relatively high pick 2nd or 3rd rounder (I'd add Ballard for obvious reasons, but no team would take on 10M+ in a trade like this)

Tough to asses what Washington would need in return, as they have more needs than we can fill. But what we would get would be solid. Plus in Higgins they would get a gifted player that is just not working out 100% in our system.

- Carlson, as I mentioned before, is a top pairing d-man and would be the cornerstone of the deal.
- Johansson can play both center and wing, something we desperately need. He is in many was similar to what they have in Nicklas Bäckström and I doubt they will give him up as easily as he is always up there on the board even without Ovie.
- Neuvirth would be the goalie coming back that Mike Gillis has to get anyways if he pulls off a Luongo -trade. I'd be happy with Holtby just as well, but I think they would hold on to Holtby over Neuvirth in the end. We might even have to pay a little more to get one of them, but boy would either of them make our tandem look good. Both goalies are still strong enough to 'challenge' for the starting role and keep the work ethic and motivation high for CS.

I think we might need to add something to my proposal to make it work, but I don't know what. You decide.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#68 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,091 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Getting confusing which of the two Luongo threads I'm posting in (the other one is even reasonable at the moment!)...

But Orlov is a pretty good consensus center piece, as would Kuznetsov be, but I'd guess they stick with Forsberg. A secondary prospect like Galiev and of course if they want to move back a goalie (likely Neuvirth) to us or a pick? Harder to speculate on this just yet as I don't jump at any of their roster players (apart from a goalie) that we could also afford. I'd need to knwo more about Johansson myself.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#69 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

As everyone is now talking perfect world; here is mine

John Carlson
Michal Neuvirth
Marcus Johansson

for

Luongo and change (Possibly Higgins, if they prefer to get some help on offense)
+ relatively high pick 2nd or 3rd rounder (I'd add Ballard for obvious reasons, but no team would take on 10M+ in a trade like this)

Tough to asses what Washington would need in return, as they have more needs than we can fill. But what we would get would be solid. Plus in Higgins they would get a gifted player that is just not working out 100% in our system.

- Carlson, as I mentioned before, is a top pairing d-man and would be the cornerstone of the deal.
- Johansson can play both center and wing, something we desperately need. He is in many was similar to what they have in Nicklas Bäckström and I doubt they will give him up as easily as he is always up there on the board even without Ovie.
- Neuvirth would be the goalie coming back that Mike Gillis has to get anyways if he pulls off a Luongo -trade. I'd be happy with Holtby just as well, but I think they would hold on to Holtby over Neuvirth in the end. We might even have to pay a little more to get one of them, but boy would either of them make our tandem look good. Both goalies are still strong enough to 'challenge' for the starting role and keep the work ethic and motivation high for CS.

I think we might need to add something to my proposal to make it work, but I don't know what. You decide.

I like the optimism, but you're shooting the moon with this one. I think if it was ONE of Carlson/Johansson we would run away with that trade. As per the goalie coming back, that's a big question mark for me, as both are young and I'm not sure either would be ready for the kind of Vancouver pressure on goaltenders. WSH has also invested in these two, when they traded away Varlamov they indicated this was their tandem.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#70 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

Just thinking about Washington and their prospects and players makes me realize that they have more players that I would want to see here than almost any other team. (That they would actually move).
Brouwer, Carlson, Forsberg, Kuznetsov, Wilson, Alzner, Laich, Johansson, Holtby....

The ones that I bolded seem plausible. I don't want to risk getting Kuznetsov back, as he's indicated he wants to stay in the KHL, at least until after the 2014 Olympics. Alzner and Carlsson seem untouchable to me, while Laich has that ugly cap 4.5m hit for what he brings.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#71 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,091 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

The ones that I bolded seem plausible. I don't want to risk getting Kuznetsov back, as he's indicated he wants to stay in the KHL, at least until after the 2014 Olympics. Alzner and Carlsson seem untouchable to me, while Laich has that ugly cap 4.5m hit for what he brings.

All reasonable assessments as to why we'd not get those guys back, although I hadn't heard Kuznetsov wanted to stay in the KHL even longer. He'd only previously indicated he'd want to play out his current contract, and then would look at coming over.

#72 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,091 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

Some talk on twitter after the Caps game:

bruce dowbiggin@dowbboy

@benkuzma @Buz_Meg Kuznetsov, Forsberg, Johanssen, Orlov. Leonsis wants to win now, what will he sacrifice?

Greg Wyshynski@wyshynski

@AvidNucksFan Honestly, if I were VAN: Brouwer, one of Filip Forsberg/Kuznetsov; Marcus Johansson ... some targets. But GMGM doesn't overpay

Looks like Ed is getting in on the best case scenarios too:

Ed Willes@willesonsports

Let's see. Kuznetsov, Alzner, Carlson and Green for Luongo. Plus the Canucks will throw in a third-rounder.

#73 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

Caps have 33 GA in 9 Games, I think they need a goalie lol.

Luongo to Washington for Brouwer (roster player), Tom Wilson or Marcus Johanssen (prospect), 2nd/3rd (pick).

We might have to add something to that deal, but the basis is there.

#74 Franz Liszt

Franz Liszt

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Looks like Ed is getting in on the best case scenarios too:

I hope he doesn't mean all of those defenders for Luongo, as much as I would like them.

The caps were doing great the last 3 years. 2009-10, President's trophy, then both 2010-11 & 2011-12 were 2nd round exits.

If they want to get back to that or better, they need to start again and build around a goalie.

My proposal:

To Washington: Roberto Luongo, Chris Higgins/Mason Raymond & Jordan Schroeder

To Vancouver: Mike Ribeiro, Troy Brouwer, Karl Alzner/Dmitry Orlov & Michal Neuvirth/1st

I know Ribiero is their top scorer, but they need a top goaltender more.
And, don't worry, their depth at C & LW would be fine IF after a trade like his were to happen.
The sky is the limit. Especially when we have the upper hand in a trade for a top-5 goalie.

Edited by R.A. Dickey, 03 February 2013 - 03:22 PM.

120px-Liszt_sign.JPG

#75 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

I like the optimism, but you're shooting the moon with this one. I think if it was ONE of Carlson/Johansson we would run away with that trade. As per the goalie coming back, that's a big question mark for me, as both are young and I'm not sure either would be ready for the kind of Vancouver pressure on goaltenders. WSH has also invested in these two, when they traded away Varlamov they indicated this was their tandem.

We are still downplaying Luongo's value. He has quite the CV and stats to prove it all. He's playing very well and by adding just him to a Caps line-up not so different from a few years back when they were the talk of the town, it would instantly take them back up there with the Rags and Bruins in the east. Him alone would be worth Carlson and the mandatory goalie quota in Neuvirth.
Johansson has had a poor start to the early season and is behind Ribeiro and Bäckström at C. And he clearly isn't a good fit on the 3rd line, as his potential lies higher than that. So a good offensive forward in Higgy (not Raymond) could be attractive with an additional pick or prospect (not Schroeder). Higgins is suffering from the same fate/disease as Ballard has been for the first couple of years. Not fitting into the system correctly and added with untimely injuries. His slow start to the season could come to an end with a change of scenery and a real shot at a top-6 spot. Food for thought.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#76 Beefcake

Beefcake

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

Lui staying in Vancouver. Canucks and Roberto are inseparable.

#77 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,091 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

From the other thread/news thread:

Gillis heading to Winnipeg next, for Panthers@Jets -Per Ed Willis, The Province.

I didn't see that particular Willes tweet, but the one I did see to that effect I read much differently, more that they were suggesting Gillis do so to create leverage.

Ben Kuzma@benkuzma
Gillis/Gilman should also be in Wpg on Tuesday for Panthers. Create goalie bidding war between Wash.-Fla. #leverage

#78 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,773 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Excellent perspective Ossi .. no end of possibilities of course, but great to see a few "options" spelled out to get the mind churning ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#79 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,326 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

IMO I think Gillis should strongly target a package of Mike Green+. He would be exactly what our powerplay needs right now. Maybe Green, MoJo and Holtby for Luongo and Raymond?

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Johansson - Schroeder - Higgins
Lapierre - Malhotra - Hansen

Hamhuis - Green
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Bieksa

Schneider
Holtby

Then when Lack is healthy Holtby can be dealt for some extra depth.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#80 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,205 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

One question and I'll say no more about it: how long will this thread last before the people that make the other thread useless are here, doing the same thing?

The only way this works is to report people getting off topic, or arguing among themselves, or resorting to personally attacking other posters, or trolling, or any of the other things we aren't supposed to do on these boards.

Then they go away, and we use the NEWS thread for actual news, and the DISCUSSION thread to discuss that news and everything that relates to that. Or we could just keep trying to do it all over again once this one goes to pot.

Sorry, but I missed the Luongo trade destination part.

#81 bloodycanuckleheads

bloodycanuckleheads

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

It's been reported that Lu has refused to waive his NTC for two potential trades (Toronto and Chicago). So, don't you think the Blackhawks should be on your list of possibilities?
Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:41 PM by BloodyCanuckleheads

I could definitely see Grabner going. He seems to have done his best to play his way out the door (and Gillis seems to be the smartest GM we've ever had, so, put two and two together)...

#82 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,205 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

------------------------
Before the mods try to lock or delete this, please consider this separate from the Luongo trade thread, as that thread has currently been hijacked by a pissing contest between King of ES and whoever tries to begin a discussion. This thread will instead explore the possible trade destinations and return from those destinations. Based on the originality of this post, I feel it is far from redundant. That being said, if this doesn't generate discussion feel free to delete it.
------------------------

Criteria used for trade destinations:
- Goaltending situation for that team
- GA at this point in the season
- Team record
- Possible return
- Willing to waive NTC?

All things considered, I've narrowed it down to a possible 7 teams for a Luongo trade. The teams are: ANH, EDM, FLA, SJ, TB, TOR, WAS. Please note that the players of interest for each team are projected centrepieces of the deal, each list would have a single player we could acquire, not the entirety of the list.
Let’s begin with the Western Conference:

Western Conference:

Anaheim:
Jonas Hiller hasn't been the same since the concussion he suffered in the 2011 all star game. His SV% has decreased incrementally while his GAA has shot up dramatically. Behind Hiller is rookie goaltender Victor Fasth, who so far has looked good in his 2 NHL games, posting 2 wins. Given the decline of Hiller and the lack of experience of Fasth, I feel Anaheim could be a possible trade destination.

Players of interest:
Rickard Rakell © - 19 y/o, made the team out of camp. 2-way Swedish centre, noticeable at WJHC. 1st round behind Jensen 2011.
Luca Sbisa (D) – 23 y/o defenseman – 24 points (5 g 19 a) for the Ducks last season. 6’2” 205 lbs. 1st rounder 2008.
Emmerson Etem (RW) – 20 y/o, one of few Californian born players in the NHL. He put up 107 points (61 G 46 A) for Medicine Hat last season. 1st rounder 2010.

Perry/Getzlaf as pending FAs, could possibly be moved.

Edmonton:
The only thing this team is missing is a decent goaltender to put them in the playoffs. Scoring is not a problem for the oilers right now, and given their depth of young forwards I think Edmonton as a trade destination could be viable for both teams. Luongo could be willing to waive to go to this young and upcoming team.

Players of interest:
Magnus Paajarvi (F) – The stock on this kid has been a rollercoaster ride since putting up 34 points ( 15 G 19 A) in 2010-11. He’s a big 21 y/o at 6’3” 205. 1st rounder 2009
Teemu Hartikainen (LW) - Made the oilers out of camp. He reminds me of Jussi Jokinen, he hits and is money in the shootout.
Sam Gagner © – his 8 points put him 2nd on the team for scoring. He’s frequently rumoured to be on the trading block, he’s also a consistent 40 point getter. 1st rounder 2007.

Additional players:
Jeff Petry (D) – put up 25 points last year for the Oilers. A big 6’3” right handed D-man this team could use.

San Jose:
Niemi has been solid for SJ in net, though he is far from an elite goaltender. With Luongo the Sharks are not only contenders but favourites. In that respect we would have to demand more out of the trade. I believe Luongo would be willing to waive to go to SJ.

Players of interest:
Tomas Hertl (F) – Taken 17th overall this past year, he’s been competing against men in the Czech league, and putting up points. He’s 6’2” 196 lbs. Known for his offense; he led the Czechs in points at the 2013 WJHC.
Joe Pavelski © – Dominant 2 way centre, and perennial 60 point getter. With the signing of Gomez, while already having Thornton and Couture SJ can afford to deal a centre.

Additional players:
Nick Petrecki (D) – Big (6’3” 225) shut down D-man. 1st rounder in 2007, he just cracked the NHL this year.

Matt Nieto (LW) – Playing in the NCAA right now, taken 2nd round 2011.

Eastern Conference:

Florida:
The Panthers have been dismal in net this season, with a GA of 27. With only 2 wins on the season, the combination of Theodore/Clemmensen can’t last for long. Markstrom is still in the system, though it appears he is not ready for primetime. With Theodore and Clemmensen both approaching retirement, Florida will need goaltending in the interim. The only issue with dealing with Florida is of course the cap space issue, and the need to dump bad contracts in Bergenheim, Kopecky and Goc. Florida has a wealth of top prospects and young talent, a trade between these two teams makes the most sense.

Players of interest:
Nick Bjugstad © – Big 6’5” 212 lb centre, currently playing in the NCAA where he led the league in goals (25) last season. 1st rounder 2010.
Vincent Trocheck © – 69 points in 44 games this year in the OHL. He’s a bit undersized at 5’10”.
Alex Petrovic (D) – despite the last name, he’s a good Canadian kid. He’s 6’4” 201 lbs, known for his mean streak and physicality. He’s posted 15 points and 73 PIMs so far in his first AHL season.
Drew Shore © – The 6’2” 195lb centre made the Panthers out of camp. He’s known for his 2-way play.
Stephen Weiss © – Though currently injured, Weiss is a top line forward for Florida. He’s hit 60 points 3 times in his career, while posting 57 points last year. He’s set to become an UFA at the end of the shortened season.
Colby Robak (D) – He’s a big boy at 6’3” 194, he’s put up 18 points this year for the SA Rampage, and 39 points while being a +15 last in 73 games last year. He’s known for his WHL dominance with 66 points as a defenseman in 2010.
Quiton Howden (LW) – The pick we would have had in 2010, had we not traded for Ballard. He’s currently playing his 1st AHL season, posting 19 points so far in 41 games. He was called up after Weiss went down with injury.

Tampa Bay:
The Lightning are currently on a bit of a streak, going 6-1 to start the season, and winning 5 straight. They’ve been winning with their typical run and gun offensive style, scoring 37 goals for the most in the league. They of course have a question mark in net, with Anders Lindback having only played 44 games in the NHL. This team could become a legitimate contender with the acquisition of Luongo.

Players of interest:
Slater Koekkoek (D) – The highly touted defenseman went 10th overall at last years draft. He’s a mobile defenseman, putting up 28 points in 40 games in the OHL so far this season. He’s currently captain of the Peterborough Petes.
Brett Connolly (RW) – 6th overall in 2010, the 6’2” 200 lb forward has been a force in the AHL this season. Last season, he played the full season with the lighning , but has since been relegated to the AHL.
Teddy Purcell (F) – Put up 65 points (24 G 41 A) last year, and has 9 points (2 G 7A) so far this year. He’s big at 6’3”, the only negative is of course his new 4.5m contract which kicks in next year.

Toronto:
As usual the Leafs have had horrible goaltending in the tandem of Reimer/Scrivens. They are a team with a lot of younger players, make a trade possible. If Nonis likes his job, then its playoffs or bust, something Luongo could almost guarantee. The question is of course, would Luongo be willing to waive his NTC to go to Toronto?

Players of interest:
Nazem Kadri © – The young centre has looked good so far for the Leafs this season, registering 7 points (3 G 4 A) in 7 games. He was taken 7th overall in 2009, and has been point per game in every league since.
Matt Frattin (RW) – He’s been a stud since being called up from the Marlies. He’s potted 6 points (4 G, 2 A) since rejoining the Leafs.
Cody Franson (D) –A big 6’5” right handed D-man. He’s steady on the backend and able to pot some points. His best season was with the Predators in 2010/11 where he put up 29 points (8 G 21 A) while being a +10.
Tyler Bozak © – Bozak potted 47 points last year, and has been the Leafs top line centre this season. He’s set to become a UFA at the end of this season.

Washington:
The Caps are questionable in net, with Neuvrith and Holtby both lacking experience. The Caps are tied with the Panthers for the worst GA in the league, with 27 in 8 games. If the Capitals have any hope of making the playoffs, they either have to start scoring or figure out their woes in net. Luongo could of curse help with the latter.

Players of interest:
Marcus Johansson © – Mojo for short, potted 46 points (14 G 32 A) last season, but has struggled to find the score sheet this year.
Filip Forsberg (LW/C) – The top ranked European prospect at last year’s draft went 11th overall. He’s playing against men and partial NHLers in the SEL this season, where he has put up 28 points (13 G, 15 A) in 30 games.
Tom Wilson (RW) – He’s a big 6’4” 209lb forward, taken 16th overall in 2012. He’s known for his physicality and mean streak. He’s currently point per game in the OHL.
John Carlsson (D) – 6’3” 212lb right hand D-man. He’s solid on the back end, while contributing offensively with more than 30 points in each of the last 2 seasons.

Yes, comprehensive.
Where Florida is concerned, I'd be tempted to add Goc to that list - I really like his two way game, very reasonable cap hit, nice fit for a third line center and leaves enough value on the table to still land Petrovic and someone like Shore imo. I've liked a Bjugstad, Petrovic deal alot.
If I were dealing with San Jose, it would be on a strict hardline - starts and ends with Couture. Not many would see that as a possibility - but I simply don't give them Luongo without taking a big bite out of them. Likewise were Edmonton in the running - Eberle or dial tone. Same issue - people feel Luongo doesn't have the value of these young stars - I don't know, but I do know that if those teams want a guy like Luongo, I'd want to damage their roster in return, which would either spell no deal, or more complicated deal.
Aside from that, a nice compilation there.
I think the longshot destination I'd go hardest after, like a lot of people, would involve Couturier.

#83 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,205 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

It's been reported that Lu has refused to waive his NTC for two potential trades (Toronto and Chicago). So, don't you think the Blackhawks should be on your list of possibilities?

If that is/were true, perhaps you could post the report so people can decide whether they find the source credible or not.

#84 cripplereh

cripplereh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Why do we even have this thread as there are two other Luo trade threads???
Posted Image

#85 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Why do we even have this thread as there are two other Luo trade threads???

This is the adult only version though, the other one has a sandbox wars mentality

#86 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,205 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

This is the adult only version though, the other one has a sandbox wars mentality

sandbox wars are much more civilized than the ones adults engage in - and they lack the sophistocated doublespeak.

and btw, both threads feature pretty much the same demographic

#87 laxgoalie

laxgoalie

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

I'd love to see a package coming back including Carlson, if we were dealing with Washington.

Something like:

To WSH:
Luongo
Schroeder
Tanev
2nd rounder

To Vancouver:
Johansen
Carlson
Neuvirth
4th rounder
Posted Image Posted Image

#88 morrissex95

morrissex95

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

THIS IS SO FREAKING AGGRAVATING, Can you poser mods just shut the frack up? If don't want to discuss Luongo here, than go to the cluttered Luongo discussion thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally I don't think we need to have one Luongo thread especially when theres a variety of different ways the trade can be discussed. I don't think it makes sense to pile everyone into one freaking thread.

I don't think its a good idea to trade Luongo right now-just throwing it out there. I've been saying this since the offseason but I think trading Schneider is much more secure of an idea than trading Lu.

Edited by GoCanucksGo95, 03 February 2013 - 08:57 PM.

Posted Image

#89 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:55 PM

not sure why san jose would be on the list. and no way do they trade joe pavelski...
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#90 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,875 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

I'd like to see those reports. If you mean rumours, then yes it was RUMOURED Luongo refused to go to TOR in the offseason. No mention of Chicago beyond analysts suggesting it could be a fit based on the pieces they have and of needing secure goaltending.

Who do you like from Chicago as a plausible return?

2d7ye0p.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.