Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Comprehensive list of trade destinations for Luongo.

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#91 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,908 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

I'd like to see those reports. If you mean rumours, then yes it was RUMOURED Luongo refused to go to TOR in the offseason. No mention of Chicago beyond analysts suggesting it could be a fit based on the pieces they have and of needing secure goaltending.

Who do you like from Chicago as a plausible return?

In my honest opinion, with the way both Luongo and Chicago have been playing, anything less than Kane or Hossa straight up should be rejected.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#92 Spoosh

Spoosh

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

I'd love to see a package coming back including Carlson, if we were dealing with Washington.

Something like:

To WSH:
Luongo
Schroeder
Tanev
2nd rounder

To Vancouver:
Johansen
Carlson
Neuvirth
4th rounder

Heavy overpayment from our side. Dunno f the Caps would be willing to move all of those pieces for any price, but we'd be giving up way too much here.
© 2000, 2014 K'Spoosh Entertainment Ltd.

Misuse of this almost copyrighted information will with near certainty lead to misuse of it.

Posted Image

#93 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

I think we could get one of either Forsberg or Wilson in a deal. I'd take Neuvirth back but would prefer Holtby. To me, Matt Perreault isnt anything special. Could probably get him off waivers at some point in the next year if we really wanted him.
In a perfect world : Johansson, Holtby, and Wilson for Luongo

That's way too much.

Johansson is probably as valuable as Kassian and Wilson is probably as valuable as Jensen, then Holtby has the value of 10/11 Schneider.

A bit much for us IMO.

zackass.png

#94 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

If NYI's are in no position to contend; equally Toronto would be foolish to trade young assets?

Their assets they might need to fill big roles should Kessel not re-sign??? Especially after shedding Tim Connolly...

My darkhorse is, ahem, Chicago. Much like San Jose, there is no incentive while they're top of the table. But last year they're goaltending was a question. The problem is deeper; Nick Leddy is an asset we could use, but at left D where we are stacked. So start thinking multiple trades or a 3 way? Let me dwell on that...

And Florida makes less and less sense at this time of year while the Panther's are imploding. If the goalie ain't going to help, why give up assets?

I'm off to research Washington. All real signals point to the Whitehouse...

Would rather have Orlov myself, I think he is a bit better defensively than Leddy, and even if he isn't his skillset is higher. And for us to deal Lu to Chicago, the return would have to be far greater, something they won't do.

Toronto is in position to contender, they aren't going to turn it around and re-build after doing all the bandaid work they have done to get them this far.

Washington seems like a likely candidate. And Orlov is the guy I want.

zackass.png

#95 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

Neuvirth came in young, younger than Holtby who's at least had a chance to develop a bit more, but I can see how they'd want to be more patient with him rather than rush him like they tried to with Nuevirth and Varlamov. Fair point, and I don't really know what they're thinking so it's just my opinion from what I'd heard prior that they'd be holding that stance and not looking for a replacement.

Hard to think they'd consider moving Orlov to get a goalie a better option at this point though when they'd probably prefer to have him in their lineup to replace Green if he continues to have issues like he had previous.

Orlov isn't a regluar, that Kundratek replaced him, so I don't think he would be a tough guy to lose.

Apparently MG was in Washington. I'm hoping they are in as Orlov is probably IMO one of if not the best young player that would be avaliable to us.

zackass.png

#96 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,331 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

That's way too much.

Johansson is probably as valuable as Kassian and Wilson is probably as valuable as Jensen, then Holtby has the value of 10/11 Schneider.

A bit much for us IMO.

Yeah, I could see 2/3rds of that being acceptable from Washington's side but I'd doubt they'd offer all three. Who knows, they might get desperate, as could anyone else. And it's not to say Luongo isn't worth a good return, but that's a lot to ask.

Orlov isn't a regluar, that Kundratek replaced him, so I don't think he would be a tough guy to lose.

Apparently MG was in Washington. I'm hoping they are in as Orlov is probably IMO one of if not the best young player that would be avaliable to us.

I agree he isn't in their roster currently, but my opinion is they have him lined up to replace Green if need be (considering what Green makes at least if he doesn't perform). I'd certainly put him as the prospect in the deal, with a goalie being more likely as the roster player, then a pick as a possibility.

The only thing that's confusing is who they're watching from that game. Orlov or the other prospects obviously weren't involved, so if they were scouting who were they thinking of? If they just wanted to talk about it, they could have done that over the phone. Perhaps it's just some posturing and doing due diligence.

Man, I'd love to be a fly on the wall of some of these conversations to know what really goes back and forth.

Edited by elvis15, 03 February 2013 - 11:28 PM.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#97 brian42

brian42

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

imo If the Canucks made a trade with Washington a realistic and good trade for the Canucks would be:

Chimera, Wilson, Alzner & Neuvirth

for

Luongo & Raymond

I don't think Alzner is untouchable and I like him over Carlson. Last Year Alzner was a +12 while Carlson was a -15, there are a few factors that play into this but that is a huge difference for 2 d-men on the same team. Carlson also has a much bigger contract at 3.967 compared to Alzner's 1.285 although Alzner is a RFA after this season. Carlson is more offensive but in our top 4 D we have plenty of offence.

I like wilson because of his size and physicallity something the Canucks have lacked in the past. I don't think Johansson is the right fit because he is a poor face-off guy and lacks physicality.

Edited by brian42, 04 February 2013 - 12:21 AM.

#98 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

I agree he isn't in their roster currently, but my opinion is they have him lined up to replace Green if need be (considering what Green makes at least if he doesn't perform). I'd certainly put him as the prospect in the deal, with a goalie being more likely as the roster player, then a pick as a possibility.

The only thing that's confusing is who they're watching from that game. Orlov or the other prospects obviously weren't involved, so if they were scouting who were they thinking of? If they just wanted to talk about it, they could have done that over the phone. Perhaps it's just some posturing and doing due diligence.

Man, I'd love to be a fly on the wall of some of these conversations to know what really goes back and forth.

I would love to be a fly on the wall too, just to see how they deal with transactions, and to finally know the truth behind what is going on and what is on the table and what isn't. I guess we will just have to speculate for now though. lol

It does make sense in some sense, IMO though Carlson is likely the guy to replace Green, not that I think he will go anywhere. But whatever we both have our opinions and thats fine. If they are fine with moving Orlov, a deal like he, Nuevirth and a 1st would be great for us IMO, and it isn't asking a ton of the Capitals.

It is an interesting question, I know Orlov hasn't been in the line-up often, but maybe he was tonight, or maybe they want to get a closer look at the other defensemen or a goaltender. Who knows, it is interesting though and clearly points in the direction that Washington is a serious contender. Which will only add more fuel to our speculation fire. :P

zackass.png

#99 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,331 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

I would love to be a fly on the wall too, just to see how they deal with transactions, and to finally know the truth behind what is going on and what is on the table and what isn't. I guess we will just have to speculate for now though. lol

It does make sense in some sense, IMO though Carlson is likely the guy to replace Green, not that I think he will go anywhere. But whatever we both have our opinions and thats fine. If they are fine with moving Orlov, a deal like he, Nuevirth and a 1st would be great for us IMO, and it isn't asking a ton of the Capitals.

It is an interesting question, I know Orlov hasn't been in the line-up often, but maybe he was tonight, or maybe they want to get a closer look at the other defensemen or a goaltender. Who knows, it is interesting though and clearly points in the direction that Washington is a serious contender. Which will only add more fuel to our speculation fire. :P

Yup, Carlson could well be first in line over Orlov if Green drops the ball that's true. I don't think a deal like that would be out of the question either (although defence wouldn't be the first area I'd target apart from a cost effective Ballard replacement).

Edited by elvis15, 04 February 2013 - 12:36 AM.

#100 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

Yup, Carlson could well be first in line over Orlov if Green drops the ball that's true. I don't think a deal like that would be out of the question either (although defence wouldn't be the first area I'd target apart from a cost effective Ballard replacement).

Honestly, if Ballard plays like this all year I would look at moving someone else (Probably Bieksa or Garrison) or keeping all 5 big money guys, as we could do that if we trade Luongo for futures.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 04 February 2013 - 12:46 AM.

zackass.png

#101 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

Orlov is someone I haven't really paid much attention to. By the looks of it, his game seems good and probably still "adjusting" to NA. I'm personally not very fond of Russian d-men for some reason. Mostly because of the offensive side they all have to their game and thus the lack of reliable defense at times. Some exceptions amongst them, but this is my general opinion.

If the package is right, the Orlov would be a welcome addition never the less.

I doubt John Carlson is available for just about any price, but a deal with WAS should definitely include him. Even if he is an offensive d-man as well, there is where I'd put my money. Carlson, Cam Fowler, Victor Hedman, Adam Larsson are to me the most intriguing and promising d-men out there worth targeting. Lots of other good defensemen I didn't mention, but these are in my opinion franchise players.

Think Nick Leddy, but more pure skill. Orlov is also a bit better defensively and easily more physical. But you could call them even defensively and then look at offensive skill if you want an accurate comparison.

Carlson would be great, but I don't think he is going anywhere.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 04 February 2013 - 12:52 AM.

zackass.png

#102 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,557 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

THAT package gets me excited!

Even better; Washington has depth where both MoJo and Green might not be missed...

IMO I think Gillis should strongly target a package of Mike Green+. He would be exactly what our powerplay needs right now. Maybe Green, MoJo and Holtby for Luongo and Raymond?

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Johansson - Schroeder - Higgins
Lapierre - Malhotra - Hansen

Hamhuis - Green
Edler - Garrison
Ballard - Bieksa

Schneider
Holtby

Then when Lack is healthy Holtby can be dealt for some extra depth.

Well the problem with Leddy is we have 4 left D who can play top 4 minutes; why add a 5th? Gotta remove two to even have playing time...

Tell me about Orlov?

Would rather have Orlov myself, I think he is a bit better defensively than Leddy, and even if he isn't his skillset is higher. And for us to deal Lu to Chicago, the return would have to be far greater, something they won't do.

Toronto is in position to contender, they aren't going to turn it around and re-build after doing all the bandaid work they have done to get them this far.

Washington seems like a likely candidate. And Orlov is the guy I want.

#103 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

Chicago has been rumoured to be shopping Sharp to the Habs. Although Crawfords play and division rivalries make this trade seem unlikely, they do seem to be willing to pay for a cup now.

Edmonton has the pieces to trade away and still be a contender with Lu. With the new building in place, the owners seem to have no problem with finances and getting Lu could only help them. I could only imagine Lu's NTC to stand in the way of a deal there.

Florida doesn't want to trade Bjugstad. They don't have any other pieces that are fair cap valued for trade and I don't see us trading Lu for rental players. Make no mistake, if Bjugstad was an option, there would be no Luongo Trade thread because he would have been gone.

There is lots of big name players that are rumoured to e on the block such as Kessel and Perry and Getzlaf, but something MG said has always stuck with me. ``There is a Luongo trade in the works involving a player no one would expect``. I have never seen MG play mind games with the media. For example: He said he was fighting for AV to stay during AV`s contract negotiations - AV stays.
He also said he wanted a star player for Lu. So it got me thinking, what players could be speculated on that could be traded for Lu or for Lu + something that no one would expect?
Purely speculative of course and at times outrageous, but lots of fun to think about:
Ovechkin - The Caps need Luongo and Ovey isn't producing. A trade to Van keeps Ovey out of their conference and even with Lu's big contract, they are freeing up millions in cap space. The Caps could also request a big player in the 4-5 million range to be thrown in with Lu.
Crosby - Although a franchise player who is producing well, he sits on a second line on an american team when he shows so much love for Canada. His interviews when playing in Canadian teams show how much he prefers playing in front of a Canadian fan base where he would be appreciated alot more then down south. How many of us thought Gretzky wanted out of Edmonton? Of course there is no way in hell Pittsburgh would want to trade Crosby unless he was forcing their hand.
Iginla - Rumoured to want to play for a contender for a couple of years before retiring in Calgary. He is UFA soon and with Kipper playing like he has, I am sure Van has been considered as a trade destination. Even though he would be a rental as Iginla stated he wanted to spend his last year or two with the flames.
Hemsky - He is getting out shadowed by the younger talent on his team and may be interested in playing elsewhere. Not too mention the fact that Edmonton could really benefit from Lu. But it seems like this deal would have been done already if it was a possibility.
Duchene - Star player on a team that could use Lu, and he would benefit us, but I don't know if he wants to come here to be a 3rd liner and speacial teams player.
Ladd - Winnipeg could deffinately benefit from Lu's leadership right now and for the foreseeable future. If he was willing to waive his NTC to go there (yeah right) Ladd would be an immediate upgrade for us that could put us back into the heavy contender status. You could easily add Kane, Wheeler, or Byfuglien to this list.

Edited by Kassian's Face, 04 February 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#104 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Luongo for Ovechkin?

Ovechkin is struggling. The Caps have 2 wins. They need a change

Only if we get Crosby at the same time.

#105 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,331 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

Honestly, if Ballard plays like this all year I would look at moving someone else (Probably Bieksa or Garrison) or keeping all 5 big money guys, as we could do that if we trade Luongo for futures.

I don't think I'd go that far (keeping Ballard that is, mostly due to his salary for what he brings, but also that he's getting the easiest minutes in order to succeed) and I think we do have to find at least one $4M+ contract to move on top of Luongo assuming we get cap hit back as Gillis wants a roster player. We can move Ballard for (obviously less) futures instead and combine that with what we get for Luongo.

Bieksa's a no for sure since he's our top RH D-man, and we just picked up Garrison so that seems unlikely as well.

Chicago has been rumoured to be shopping Sharp to the Habs. Although Crawfords play and division rivalries make this trade seem unlikely, they do seem to be willing to pay for a cup now.

Edmonton has the pieces to trade away and still be a contender with Lu. With the new building in place, the owners seem to have no problem with finances and getting Lu could only help them. I could only imagine Lu's NTC to stand in the way of a deal there.

Florida doesn't want to trade Bjugstad. They don't have any other pieces that are fair cap valued for trade and I don't see us trading Lu for rental players. Make no mistake, if Bjugstad was an option, there would be no Luongo Trade thread because he would have been gone.

There is lots of big name players that are rumoured to e on the block such as Kessel and Perry and Getzlaf, but something MG said has always stuck with me. ``There is a Luongo trade in the works involving a player no one would expect``. I have never seen MG play mind games with the media. For example: He said he was fighting for AV to stay during AV`s contract negotiations - AV stays.
He also said he wanted a star player for Lu. So it got me thinking, what players could be speculated on that could be traded for Lu or for Lu + something that no one would expect?
Purely speculative of course and at times outrageous, but lots of fun to think about:
Ovechkin...
Crosby...
Iginla...
Hemsky...
Duchene...
Ladd...

I don't know about the Sharp/Habs connection (who are they trying to get back?) and Chicago and Montreal aren't in the same conference, let alone division, so that makes even less sense. If you have more detail on that I'd hear it though.

Then you talk about Edmonton, and players like Iginla, Hemsky and Duchene - all within our division so pretty unlikely targets for the reason you said Chicago wouldn't do the first deal (and Edmonton and Calgary both have goaltending that's fine, Avs are debatable).

Ovi and Crosby aren't going anywhere (Gretzky didn't want to leave Edmonton, but he was traded still so you have that correct) unless they get superstars in return. Crosby's value couldn't be higher now that he's healthy but Ovi makes big bucks and hasn't really been producing like he used to, so that's a tough contract to take. Still, Washington doesn't give him up for a sale.

Florida is an option, and from the comments I've seen, many of us would like to have had Bjugstad available. Straight up wouldn't do it though, as we'd still want more in that package, so that's worth considering.

#106 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

I have never quoted myself before, is that allowed?

2 points. First, I am going to hop back over to the Chicago boards to see the source for them wanting to trade Sharp. I will post it for you when I get it.

2nd before I post the ridonkulous list of players that would be fun to speculate on, I said it was outrageous and speculative based soley on Players that we would never expect. So you giving reasons why we wouldn't get those players is kind of supporting my statement. It was just for fun because of MG's quote. And Dubnyk is hardly in the same league as Luongo.

#107 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

This mornings Province.

http://www.theprovin...2203/story.html

#108 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Gillis is in Washington.

#109 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Gillis is in Washington.

Thanks.

Still lazing around, catching the sights, no trade talks here, just chillin'.

"Hey George! Sorry about causing a media stir."

#110 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,380 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Luongo for Ovechkin?

Ovechkin is struggling. The Caps have 2 wins. They need a change

At the start of the season I would have thought you were crazy for suggesting this but as you said Ovechkin is struggling and could use a change of screnery.Both players have higher salaries and long contracts which would offset each other. That being said with Edlers and Schneiders new contract, not to mention other large existing contracts (the Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Ballard, ect...) can the Canucks offered another superstar contract. Maybe if the Caps took Ballard too this could work. Also it would be interesting to see how Ovie would do in AV's system, other than Henrik we don't really have a good setup man for him and I don't know if his style would match the Sedins. He'd look great with Kesler in terms of speed but both players tend to hog the puck.
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

#111 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,331 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

I have never quoted myself before, is that allowed?

2 points. First, I am going to hop back over to the Chicago boards to see the source for them wanting to trade Sharp. I will post it for you when I get it.

2nd before I post the ridonkulous list of players that would be fun to speculate on, I said it was outrageous and speculative based soley on Players that we would never expect. So you giving reasons why we wouldn't get those players is kind of supporting my statement. It was just for fun because of MG's quote. And Dubnyk is hardly in the same league as Luongo.

I agree about Dubnyk, but I think he's pretty good and will fit well with the growing Edmonton group. Curious how the rumour got going about Sharp though, or what they're thinking as to why they'd trade anyone when they could use center depth but are performing well currently.

And it may be a bit weird to quote yourself (better to quote the person you're replying to) but not that big a deal.

#112 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

I agree about Dubnyk, but I think he's pretty good and will fit well with the growing Edmonton group. Curious how the rumour got going about Sharp though, or what they're thinking as to why they'd trade anyone when they could use center depth but are performing well currently.

And it may be a bit weird to quote yourself (better to quote the person you're replying to) but not that big a deal.

Nevermind I looked up where I heard the Sharp trade to Habs rumour. It was from Hockeyy Insiderr so not reliable. LOL he also just tweeted

Caps #Canucks trade talks. #CONFIRMED by Vancouver source WSH inquired about Luongo availability #WOW Full story here http://www.insiderru...rade-talks/ …

Names mentioned by #Canucks as possible return for Luongo: pick+Neuvirth+ 1 of following: Brouwer/Kuznetsov/Green/Alzner/Forsberg. #Caps

#113 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,908 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Nevermind I looked up where I heard the Sharp trade to Habs rumour. It was from Hockeyy Insiderr so not reliable. LOL he also just tweeted

Caps #Canucks trade talks. #CONFIRMED by Vancouver source WSH inquired about Luongo availability #WOW Full story here http://www.insiderru...

Names mentioned by #Canucks as possible return for Luongo: pick+Neuvirth+ 1 of following: Brouwer/Kuznetsov/Green/Alzner/Forsberg. #Caps

If Bob Mackenzie says Washington isn't interested in Luongo, they aren't. And in one of his tweets I'm pretty sure George McPhee himself said he can't take on Lu's contract.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#114 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,940 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:05 PM

Caps #Canucks trade talks. #CONFIRMED by Vancouver source WSH inquired about Luongo availability #WOW Full story here http://www.insiderru...talks/ …

::D :picard: :bigblush: :lol: :sadno:

(disclaimer - emoticons posted for Hockeyyinnsssidddderrrrr, not poster)

Edited by oldnews, 04 February 2013 - 02:07 PM.

#115 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,331 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Caps #Canucks trade talks. #CONFIRMED by Vancouver source WSH inquired about Luongo availability #WOW Full story here http://www.insiderru...talks/ …

So that pretty much means the opposite is true and kills any last shred of rumour there was. :lol:

Thanks for looking up the Sharp one too, didn't seem likely.

#116 Langdon Algur

Langdon Algur

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,380 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

pretty sure the "Vancouver source" is CDC
"What is the good of having a nice house without a decent planet to put it on?" ~ Henry David Thoreau

#117 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Yeah I love how hockeyy insiderr #confirmed 5 minutes later McPhee # confirms Hockeyy Insiderr is full of crap. I bet you he has an account here.

#118 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,331 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

benkuzma
Schneider on the #Canucks' crease conundrum: "It would be extremely selfish to put our needs ahead of our teammates and make it harder on them than it alread is. Nothing changes between us an how we interact and play our games."

Schneids not getting too caught up in it from the sounds of things.

#119 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Tell me about Orlov?

One-Timer: My THW colleague, Alessandro Seren Rosso, provided a fantastic analysis of this Russian prospect. He is first and foremost an offensive defenseman and though solid back in the own zone, but must work on his overall awareness. He’s a very good skater with good first step and balance. Despite his size, he can play with an edge and is not scared of physical play. He has good offensive instincts and hockey intelligence. He moves the puck well, trying to make simple, but effective, plays. He possesses a nice point shot. He has been captain of the national team numerous times, displaying his leadership abilities.

NHL Player(s) Comparison: Andrei Markov

ETA = 3 years

Risk-Reward Analysis: Risk = 4/5 Reward = 4.5/5

NHL Potential: Offensive defenseman

Fantasy Hockey Potential: Offensive = 10/10 Defensive = 7.5/10

(Note* 4/5 Risk was due to "Russian Factor")

Assets: Is mobile, aggressive and displays all-around ability from the back end. Can put up solid offensive numbers and play a physical game from the back end. Is adept at hitting opponents in open ice.

Flaws: Needs to read the play better, so as to not get caught out of position too often. His aggressiveness can also be a negative while on the ice, so he could use more refinement. Isn't a power-play QB.

Career Potential: All-round defenseman with good upside.

Then some clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ik9IZFWlYs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAQEsNwkD1U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSb9pBsD8TQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C2LeonNoNY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N9WM_kmCsQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUbmY7OVK0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgMgpF7-Q3M

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 04 February 2013 - 04:55 PM.

zackass.png

#120 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,155 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

I don't think I'd go that far (keeping Ballard that is, mostly due to his salary for what he brings, but also that he's getting the easiest minutes in order to succeed) and I think we do have to find at least one $4M+ contract to move on top of Luongo assuming we get cap hit back as Gillis wants a roster player. We can move Ballard for (obviously less) futures instead and combine that with what we get for Luongo.

Bieksa's a no for sure since he's our top RH D-man, and we just picked up Garrison so that seems unlikely as well.

I disagree, I don't think Ballard is getting easier minutes, I think they were playing just as important minutes, and handling them alot better than Bieksa was.

The reasoning is, now that Edler can play the right side with Hamhuis, we don't need him on the top pair, and Tanev and Ballard are perfectly capable of playing top 4 minutes. Bieksa would yield us far more in return aswell.

This is if Bieksa continues to be inconsistent and Ballard and Tanev continue to play lights out, then we can get a nice return and move forward with a top 4 built around:

Hamhuis - Edler
Ballard - Tanev
Garrison - ?

But if we trade Luongo and don't take cap back, like say we get young players like Johansson for example, we can then let 2 of Raymond/Higgins/Lappierre go, hold onto our 5 big money Dmen and slot the younger guys in, I have looked on it on cap geek and if we don't take money or much money back for Lu, there is a way we can keep all of our very important players.

zackass.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.