The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Counterfeit Jersey Epidemic

MGR4B

Yeah I noticed the letters on this one are thicker than the other one hanging on the door. Did a quick search, and it looks like thinner letters is one feature of the legit jerseys. The only thing going for the thicker letter jersey is the 94 finals patch, but I'll probably get the one hanging on the door, the guy's selling it for only $50 anyways. Authentic and cheaper, who would've thought?

This falls in the realm of who gives a crap... the people who can't afford the ridiculous prices for the real ones aren't ever going to be your customer anyways, so you aren't missing out.

The only way it really matters is if a bunch of people are getting tricked and sold fakes at "authentic" prices.

I would rather see a screaming fan in a fake jersey at a game than some corporate doofus who has lower bowl seats and spends half the game out in the hall buying beer chatting on his cel phone.... or leaves with 10 minutes to go in the 3rd period even when the game only has a 1 goal difference just to avoid a little traffic.

I don't think the point of being able to afford tickets meaning you can afford to shell out a bunch more cash on a jersey holds any water. I know a ton of people who get tickets for their family as a special treat for a birthday or Christmas... but doubling the pricetag on that by adding jerseys would be out of reach.

it's all just symbolic. I think official replica jerseys are not worth buying, cause they are just replicas. but that's just me. even baseball caps, i get on field fitted caps only.

i have authentic 2 home and third nux, team canada 2010 white, 2002 olympic white, 2004 world cup red. if they are not authentic, they are all knock offs in some way. but i get that official ones are licensed and the teams and league make some money. but unofficial knock offs are like $30-40 and often poorer in quality or accuracy in the colors, lettering or logo. you get what you paid for. if people are happy with it, I could care less.

And go buy your counterfeit jerseys. You're just a stupid computer punk who thinks he can man up to someone through the Internet but in reality, can't do anything when faced with a real life bully. Go buy your counterfeit jerseys, just wanna let you know that the majority of the fanbase will not look at you the same way. Sure, some people don't care if people wear the fake jerseys but their view on you will be different. Idiot.

The patches on the shoulders are not proper. Look on the bottom jersey and how the shoulders are rounded/go deeper into the arm. The jersey on the top cuts them off right at the shoulder. The patches are way too high. (could be just the way the picture was taken but doesn't look legit, the jersey was likely purchased in the 00s and the patches added on afterwards)

I own 3 counterfit jerseys.

One I bought years ago off ebay for 50 bucks and the jersey was different than the picture, but I always wanted the skate logo so I didn't care

Two was one my friend sold me for 30 since they put hamhuis on it instead of ohlund

Three was won at a bar, can't really give them crap about it if its free

I also have 4 other authentic jerseys (nameless old orca, jovo old orca, brian campbell chicago, and dionne vintage la), and am probably going to get a vintage smyl jersey sometime this year.

I guess in the end, who really gives a crap. The only people who are gonna spot the good fakes are the sportchek workers, everyone else couldn't care less cause at least they're wearing the right colours and are supporting the team.

I just hate the jerseys that look like crap. I ordered 2 jerseys online, a Burrows and Luongo home jersey. The Burrows jersey looks great, but the Luongo jersey looked really bad. It was off colours, poorly stitched and the letters looked god awful. Those ones I can't stand.

I was able to return the Luongo jersey. I got lucky that the Burrows jersey was good, but I doubt I will buy anymore jerseys online

lol at people who say "There's a 300% markup, not going to pay anything that cost $10 to make and having us pay $300 for it"

This is how successful business run. How do companies make money if they sell at cost?

How much did the computer you're on cost you? $500? $600? $1000? The cost to make that computer probably cost a quarter to half the cost you paid for it.

What about your car? Your phone? Your suits and dresses? EVERYTHING we pay for has at least a 100% mark up price, yet you still purchase it.

If you don't want to purchase a BRAND NEW jersey from the Team Store, you could always get one for $50-$70 on Craigslist or Kijiji.

If you think the poor don't deserve to wear jerseys, that's your deal. I refuse to pay $300 for an item I wear only to games (once every two years), at home with friends, or to the bar for big games. This is a big deal for big business I guess, but I don't care that the rich won't get richer off my back, I have a budget to stick to.

Moreover, if you care about what others are wearing, you need more in your life. You really do.

People actually complain about people wearing fake jerseys? Grow up. I don't think the Aquilinis are gonna be struggling to keep a roof over their head anytime soon. I don't have a ''fake'' jersey, but to me wearing your teams logo and colours is still supporting, fake or not. It's not about how much money you paid, it's about representing your team.

First world problems right?

My daughter attends UBC and it takes a lot of money with our help and her working two jobs to get through the expenses. I bought her tickets the last two years to go to a game and each year she has bought a fake jersey (Burrows and Henrik) There is no other way. I am not about to buy her a jersey and she doesn't have extra funds. Live with it and quit whining about what people are wearing.

There isn't really anything wrong with wearing a fake jersey. But some of these jerseys just look really bad. Like girls who wear leggings as pants or people who wear crocs. But I get that some people don't care about their appearance. I personally wouldn't want to walk out of the house like that.

I find it hard to accept the affordability excuse. Yeah, jerseys are a bit expensive, but if you can't afford it, it's perfectly fine to show team colours by wearing a T-Shirt(under $25) or a Scarf ($10). For smaller people, you can get a kids sized jersey for $50 on sale. If you can afford tickets, you can afford a jersey. Honestly, if you're on a budget, a jersey is better investment than going to a regular season game. Jerseys last years and years. Unless you're going to a once in a lifetime game like a Stanley Cup Final, you can always postpone going to a game.This is coming from a poor university student.

lmao @ this one dude who keeps bringing up how its funding the illegal market

who cares

its like complaining about pirating movies and music

go join green peace or train to be a cop

stop worrying about what others are doing / spending money on

from the sounds of it with this "i get a new jersey every year" your nothing but a bunch of spoiled brats

Archived