163 replies to this topic

#91 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,953 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

knock-offs make me mad too. I've seen some good ones and I've seen some really bad ones, but Im not going to hate on a person for wearing it, thats their choice..I just wish the counterfeiters did a better job so it didn't make the buyer look stupid. To me if you buy a really bad looking knockoff you deserve a bit of ridicule
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#92 Gilmore

Gilmore

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

POPULAR

So I guess you tolerate it, if you don't want to support the Canucks thats fine, don't leave and go hustle fake jerseys at the night markets or something.

I guess what your supporting is "if you can't afford it you should steal it".

What happened to if you want something you work hard and save instead of stealing what you want. I hope you pass on your good moral values to those around you.

I hope somebody steals from you, then see how you feel.

Actually I have 4 jerseys and they are all legit, but like you I am not going to look down my nose at a fan wearing an awful looking Burrows jersey either, to each there own. You ride pretty tall on that horse of yours...you've never pirated a movie or a song or two either I guess...probably consider the word "Napster" blasphemous. :shock:

You want to tackle the knock-off epidemic that the entire world is going through today and you want to start with hockey jerseys?? Try starting with counterfeit pharmaceuticals that are killing people on a daily basis or the children's toys that 2 year old's are choking on because the tires are falling off their hotwheel's cars. Nobody's health or safety is at risk wearing a knock off hockey jersey, the only issue you've brought up is that some licensed multi-billion dollar corporation isn't getting there cut, so lets chuck 'em out of the building!

Whats a bigger crime, making a knock off jersey for $15 and selling it for $60 or making a $20 jersey, stamping a license on it and selling it for $150?

The world has much bigger problems than the guy wearing an Odjick jersey with the wrong fight strap sewn on it.

#93 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,649 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

I can see both sides. Some people just might not know they have a fake jersey, it might have been a gift, they might not be able to afford a real one.

I have a fake jersey (Didn't know it was when I got it. A friend got a few online, and I got one too) and wore it to my first game, because that was all I had. I just bought a real one the other week for 130 bucks. It's not that much money to me, but to some people it is. The real ones look WAY better, but that doesn't matter to some people.

There's a lot of variables in this.

Edited by CanuckianOne, 03 February 2013 - 02:20 PM.

Zf3XIDB.png

Sig by: Samuel Påhlsson

#94 thema

thema

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

I have about 150 jerseys in my collection and the criteria is pretty stiff. Ideally I want not just a legit jersey but a GAME WORN one (I have at least a dozen from around the world). Failing that I want a legit one but for truly hard to find stuff I don't care if it's a "fake" or not. However there sure seems to be a lot of people with a bee in their bonnet about "stealing" from multi- billionaires so I will ask this one question that I request an honest answer to: have any of the whiners here ever downloaded music from the internet without paying for it? Who needs the money more, Aquilini or your local struggling musician? (For the record I ALWAYS buy the CD if I like even one song on the album). I'm betting that once again there are dozens of total hypocrites posting here.

#95 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,804 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

Montreal did something similar called "Let's retire these jerseys" campaign few years ago.. The Canucks should do the same thing too!

http://canadiens.nhl...ge.htm?id=62072

Edited by Shachihoko, 03 February 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#96 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,600 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

I own two jerseys I have an old 93/94 black skate jersey that I got for Christmas when I was kid so I have no idea if its Legit or not. My parents bought it from the local sport shop so I would hope its legit. The other jeresy I bought from the Team outlet store because it was on sale and I am poor. I figured it would be legit because even if the outlet store is an outlet store it is still an official Canucks Team Store. I actually buy a lot of my Canucks stuff from them since like I said I am poor and I feel that its okay to buy from them instead of the Rogers arena store since I know I am not buying fakes.

The whole point of this story is that I think if people are able to make it to the team stores, and want to buy a jersey or a t-shirt or something but buy fakes cause legit stuff is too expensive just buy stuff at the outlet store they have a lot of good deals.

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 03 February 2013 - 05:16 PM.

m8itzp.jpg
Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#97 CookieCrumbs

CookieCrumbs

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

Fake jerseys are a disgrace. Stay in for a weekend or two and save up for a legit Replica/Authentic jersey. I would rather see somebody in a Canucks t shirt than those disgusting excuses for a Canucks jersey. If you know what to look for, you can get a legit Replica or even an Authentic for under $100. Replicas you can come across for around $20 if you're looking in the right places at the right times.

Hell, I just got a Salo game worn for $220 from the Canucks Team Store. The deals are out there.

#98 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Sphincter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,724 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Montreal did something similar called "Let's retire these jerseys" campaign few years ago.. The Canucks should do the same thing too!

http://canadiens.nhl...ge.htm?id=62072

The Canucks do the same thing, except they don't give you any reward for it.

http://canucks.nhl.c...ge.htm?id=66864

I don't really care if someone's wearing a fake. Some of them look ridiculous but it's their choice.
Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

#99 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

Elitists hahaha, what are you going to rip the jersey off my back when i go to the next game, because for sure I am going to wear my chinese knock-off jersey, hahahaha

#100 hockeynoob

hockeynoob

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

I work 5 days a week in a hockey store and have the advantage of being around licensed Canucks jerseys all the time.

In other words he loses money from counterfiet jerseys, and probably isn't the most unbiased person when it comes to this issue. I say, if the Canucks want to reduce the amount of counterfeit jerseys they should reduce the price of regular jerseys so your average person can actually afford one.

#101 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,161 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

Elitists hahaha, what are you going to rip the jersey off my back when i go to the next game, because for sure I am going to wear my chinese knock-off jersey, hahahaha

No, but I'm probably going to laugh at you because you'll look ridiculous.
Posted Image

#102 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

You're a ???? idiot. People want to wear a jersey but not everyone can afford 200 bucks or whatever it is for it, dumbass. Just for you I'll wear the most obvious counterfeit jersey to every game I go to. People like you embarrass me as a fan.

Then go buy a t-shirt or something. That's less than $50. Or like a hat. That's less than $50. The point is, I know everyone's budget is different, but if you can afford to buy tickets to a game that costs over $200 per person, why can't the person wearing the fake jersey spend the same amount of cash on a jersey from the Canucks store or a sports shop and buy a real jersey? A jersey lasts you a lifetime, unless you sell it. A ticket to a game lasts two and a half hours.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#103 NordicNinja

NordicNinja

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

Who are you guys to decide how people should spend their money and what they can and can't wear to the game? Kick people out of the arena... are you kidding me?!? It's not illegal to wear a counterfeit jersey.

Personally I have two legit jerseys and I have a replica/knock off jersey that was given to me... I quite like the replica. I also own several team hats one of which I bought Friday night at the game, and several t-shirts. Point being that along with my half-season ticket package I've contributed more than enough to the team to have an opinion on this topic and my opinion is that no one cares about your opinion. People can wear whatever they want, deal with it.

#104 Dan G.

Dan G.

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

If I am ever lucky enough to go to a game no one had better tell me to take off my jersey or leave. Up yours!!
I don't know if mine is fake or not and it doesn't matter.

Edited by Dan G., 03 February 2013 - 11:03 PM.

#105 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,053 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

i had a hookup at work that cost me 40 bucks i think the jerseys themselves were 80 bucks for other people bought a fake 40th anniversary jersey the only difference was the crest being slightly smaller i wore it to a couple games some people thought it was real

#106 VancouverCanucksRock

VancouverCanucksRock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,544 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Did you know there's even counterfiet foods/ingridients in foods? Yeah..........
Posted Image WHen idiots think numbers are words, I do believe in 2012 for cleansing Earth of the idiots

#107 SNACanuck

SNACanuck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,425 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

Did you know there's even counterfiet foods/ingridients in foods? Yeah..........

Yeah, youtube fake eggs, rice and all thing chinese and you can see what counterfieters are willing to fake. NASTY!

I personally don't like fake jerseys(after having been duped before after purchasing a canucks jersey online). With that said I have an authentic and a couple replica ones. I find the quality alot better. I don't condemn those that do conciously buy fake ones if they can't afford real ones. Only thing that bothers me about the whole counterfiet jersey thing is the unethical person who makes and sells them has no morals and doesn't have a problem ripping off someone's trademarked/licensed property.

'Merica!

#108 van19

van19

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

Counterfeit jerseys aren't that much cheaper than a Reebok replica ..

You can easily find a premier replica one for $80~$100 online whereas a counterfeit jersey will usually run you $50. Just shell out the dough and buy a real jersey.

Posted Image

#109 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

No, but I'm probably going to laugh at you because you'll look ridiculous.

Excuse me while I wipe away my tears of shame!!!! You can go back to looking up your weather or whatever it is you do while you look at your laptop sipping on your grande latte at Starbucks

#110 bure's triple deke

bure's triple deke

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

I love this thread. My friends and I even made a drinking game out of it once. Knock one back any time you spot a fake jersey in the crowd during Canucks games. Of course, we had to eventually stop playing cause we didn't wanna get that sloshed. Cause yah, it's bad.

#111 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,321 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

I love this thread. My friends and I even made a drinking game out of it once. Knock one back any time you spot a fake jersey in the crowd during Canucks games. Of course, we had to eventually stop playing cause we didn't wanna get that sloshed. Cause yah, it's bad.

Haha, thats awesome

#112 19Yzerman19

19Yzerman19

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:14 AM

lol you've got some pretty messed up views on counter fitting-(policestate crap aside lol), as long as the guy whos buying it knows its a fake there's no problem, people can wear whatever they want. thats the pure capitalist model in a free and prosperous society, competing with the fakes. thats whats best for consumers. when business's lobby governments for laws and enforcement to protect their logos and products, consumers lose(usually via higher prices, fewer options,etc). at the cost of millions to the public in enforcement, so mr. aquilini and the nhl can bring in another million or two. cry me a river. 95% of the louis vutton stuff you see on the streets is fake, anybody care? nope. does louis vutton care? they might have for a while, certainly not now.

So basically you're arguing that there should be no intellectual property laws at all, no copyright, no trademark, no patents. Because this is a problem - it's trademark infringement and copyright infringement every time someone makes and sells one of these jerseys. Your argument necessitates that trademark and copyright no longer exist. This cuts the legs out from under businesses and makes it impossible for certain businesses to flourish - they invest a bunch of capital into it, grow a brand to a point where it's profitable, and then someone just copies them and undercuts their price because they didn't have to spend money to get to that point in the first place. Well why bother starting a business, then?

And Luis Vuitton cares a lot. You're an idiot if you think otherwise. Vuitton burns previous seasons' unsold merchandise to prevent it being sold at a discount. Their brand image is extremely important to them. It's pretty silly, but that is their marketing strategy. They give a huge amount of damn.

#113 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

I didn't see anyone post about this so I am guessing no one shops at Wal-Mart. I was shopping at Wal-Mart the other day and noticed a stack of Canucks Jerseys for only $30. They looked cheap and were obviously crap quality but I don't think Wal-Mart sells fake Jersey's. I think many people buy these cheaper versions that look fake but are really just NHL approved knock offs.

Edit: Wanted to add some stuff to this as well. I only go to a few games a year, but I often find seats in the $40-$80 range online with a little patience. So people who say Jersey's are the same price as seats are obviously only going to games in the lower bowl.
But I also wanted to comment on the $300-400 for a jersey. If you paid more then $200 for your jersey, then you were the one who was scammed. I direct you to the NHL store link :http://shop.canada.nhl.com/family/index.jsp?s=D-StorePrice-NHLCA&categoryId=10980690&pg=1&x=13&y=17
I was in Phoenix 2 years ago and I went to the Canucks game there. They sold their authentic Jerseys for $75 US. I got both a Shane Doan and a Luongo Jersey for $140 CDN, as the CDN dollar was really high at that point. So if the official Yotes store at their arena sells Jersey's at over 50% cheaper then here, and that wasn't on sale, then the only reason for such expensive Jerseys is price gouging. When you deal with a company that doubles their mark up in their own home town, its hard to be sympathetic to the plight of the fakes.

Edited by Kassian's Face, 04 February 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#114 KingstonCanuck

KingstonCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Don't know why people are getting so worked up on either side of this topic. If a counterfeit looks like crap and someone chooses to wear it, that's their problem. I'm not going to think less of someone if they found a good looking jersey for a hundred bucks less, though.

I bought a replica Raymond jersey for my father from a Blue Line retail outlet, and got an authentic(ish?) Kesler jersey from Rocky Mountain Sports on eBay for about the same price. His is a Premiere, mine is an Edge. Everything on my jersey is double-stitched and straight as an arrow, and the shoulder patches are the heavy, sewn-on variety. The iron-on junk on father's jersey still irks me, but he's happy with it. Mine still cost me half of what one out of the team store would have.

Not trying to endorse counterfeits at all, and I consider reputable vendors like Rocky Mountain to be "legit," but it seems foolish to pay double for exactly the same thing.

Any problem caused by a tank Edler can also be solved by a tank Edler.

#115 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Warning: Geeky D&D input:

The Lawful Good in you says... it is illegal to rip off a jersey and make profit on the brand of someone else (which IS a little different than peer sharing (which my lawful self still wouldn't do)). You shouldn't support people who rip-off people... that's naughty!

The Chaotic Good in you says... Its really not right that they charge SO much. I wish i could have a jersey without paying a horrid markup price that really hurts my wallet... Since they make so much money off me in other ways, its probably fair (or karmatic) if i buy a fake.

The Neutral in you says: Whatever floats your boat. i have one of each!

The Lawful Evil in you says: Only classless heathens wear fake jerseys! You useless dogs have no place in these stands. Only those who understand the value of their jersey should be allowed to club meetings (else they be removed... they smell)

The Chaotic Evil in you says: If i see you with a fake jersey ill freakin kill you and burn every thing you own!!!

Hope you get a chuckle from this. *scampers off*

Edited by Oregon Canucky, 04 February 2013 - 03:24 PM.

Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#116 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:18 PM

Yes but maybe somebody doesn`t want to buy a ???? T-shirt or a hat. A hat is hardly anything. Maybe they want a jersey, why would you give a frack?

How do you know somebody can afford tickets to a game anyway? Obviously there would be situations where somebody can't afford to go to games or get jerseys you ???? moron, why would you be so pretentious about it? I don't understand why you're assuming they can afford tickets to the game and just for some reason choose to get a fake one. If they have the money and choose a fake one then I can understand a bit of your pretension, but a lot of people genuinely can't afford it, and if there exists a cheaper option (that is harmless, since they wouldn't have been able to get a genuine one) people like you just haven't experienced that lifestyle and are too ???? spoiled and privileged to understand. Get off their back, it literally has nothing to do with you.

I don't know who you're talking to but I was directing my attention to people wearing fake jerseys at a Canucks game. If they can spend that much money on one game, why can't they do the same and buy a jersey for around the same price? And no, I'm not spoiled and privileged. I just happen to know how to save money a lot better and invest a lot of money while staying within my monthly budget to afford to buy a lot of crap like jerseys, games, clothing, and going out to eat. I have to work for a living while going to school full time and you're telling me that I'm spoiled? You don't even know the first thing about me.

A hat/shirt has the same effect as wearing a jersey. You're showing your pride in your team. I don't mind people that wear only t-shirts or a hat and have casual attire but at least they're showing Canucks pride instead of wearing knock-off jerseys. Fake jerseys are a disgrace and I can't support anyone who bought one that isn't from a reputable sports store or anywhere else.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#117 Duds

Duds

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

I got this jersey as a gift. Any thoughts on it's authenticity?

Attached File  004.gif   79.62KB   63 downloads

#118 GoaltenderInterference

GoaltenderInterference

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

I got this jersey as a gift. Any thoughts on it's authenticity?

Attached File  004.gif   79.62KB   63 downloads

From a quick glance, it looks like its counterfeit. The logo seems a tad small (unless this is a women's jersey...the logos on those are oddly proportioned) and it's missing the "jock tag" in the lower corner.

Press the Panic Button! Posted Image

Posted Image
Derek Boogaard, Rick Rypien, Wade Belak, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl
Sig by .CM.

#119 Mr X

Mr X

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

I collect jerseys as a hobby... have over 70 Canucks jerseys... and I don't mind if other people wear fake jerseys. Who cares, I'll cheer on the Canucks the way I want, everyone else can do what THEY want.

Do I feel sortof bad for the people who make the real jerseys who are getting slightly screwed? yeah for sure. Do I actually care that much? probably not.

#120 mazdaspeed3

mazdaspeed3

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

This pretty much sums up this whole thread, different but the same.

Pavel Datsyuk is suing a man who he feels is selling clothing that include his likeness, name, and number without his permission.

Oakland Circuit Judge Martha D. Anderson has already issued a temporary restraining order and there will be a hearing to determine if it should be permanent. "Pavel Datsyuk is more focused right now on playing hockey this season and bringing the Stanley Cup back to Detroit," his attorney, Mahesh Nayak, said. "But this is serious and we have to put a stop to it. This is confusing to his fans and damaging to him personally." Meanwhile, Datsyuk has three goals and 10 points in eight games this season.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.