163 replies to this topic

#151 GPCanucksFan

GPCanucksFan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:10 PM

I just hate the jerseys that look like crap. I ordered 2 jerseys online, a Burrows and Luongo home jersey. The Burrows jersey looks great, but the Luongo jersey looked really bad. It was off colours, poorly stitched and the letters looked god awful. Those ones I can't stand.

I was able to return the Luongo jersey. I got lucky that the Burrows jersey was good, but I doubt I will buy anymore jerseys online

#152 Hamhuis Hipcheck

Hamhuis Hipcheck

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

lol at people who say "There's a 300% markup, not going to pay anything that cost $10 to make and having us pay $300 for it"

This is how successful business run. How do companies make money if they sell at cost?

How much did the computer you're on cost you? $500? $600? $1000? The cost to make that computer probably cost a quarter to half the cost you paid for it.

What about your car? Your phone? Your suits and dresses? EVERYTHING we pay for has at least a 100% mark up price, yet you still purchase it.

If you don't want to purchase a BRAND NEW jersey from the Team Store, you could always get one for $50-$70 on Craigslist or Kijiji.

#153 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

If you think the poor don't deserve to wear jerseys, that's your deal. I refuse to pay $300 for an item I wear only to games (once every two years), at home with friends, or to the bar for big games. This is a big deal for big business I guess, but I don't care that the rich won't get richer off my back, I have a budget to stick to.

Moreover, if you care about what others are wearing, you need more in your life. You really do.

Edited by BenDrinkin, 08 February 2013 - 02:34 PM.

#154 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,043 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

Where are people getting $300 jerseys from? You can get jerseys from sportchek that cost at most $150.
Posted Image

#155 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

People actually complain about people wearing fake jerseys? Grow up. I don't think the Aquilinis are gonna be struggling to keep a roof over their head anytime soon. I don't have a ''fake'' jersey, but to me wearing your teams logo and colours is still supporting, fake or not. It's not about how much money you paid, it's about representing your team.

First world problems right?
Posted Image

#156 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:15 PM

My daughter attends UBC and it takes a lot of money with our help and her working two jobs to get through the expenses. I bought her tickets the last two years to go to a game and each year she has bought a fake jersey (Burrows and Henrik) There is no other way. I am not about to buy her a jersey and she doesn't have extra funds. Live with it and quit whining about what people are wearing.

#157 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,933 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Where are people getting $300 jerseys from? You can get jerseys from sportchek that cost at most $150.

not sure why ppl even buying authentic jersey when replica is the same thing and 1/2 the price.. i know alot of the ppl loaded up on jersey when the canucks store had the 50% off... someone mention they sold around 5000 jerseys for the 3 days.. nuts..

#158 allons-y

allons-y

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

There isn't really anything wrong with wearing a fake jersey. But some of these jerseys just look really bad. Like girls who wear leggings as pants or people who wear crocs. But I get that some people don't care about their appearance. I personally wouldn't want to walk out of the house like that.

I find it hard to accept the affordability excuse. Yeah, jerseys are a bit expensive, but if you can't afford it, it's perfectly fine to show team colours by wearing a T-Shirt(under $25) or a Scarf ($10). For smaller people, you can get a kids sized jersey for $50 on sale. If you can afford tickets, you can afford a jersey. Honestly, if you're on a budget, a jersey is better investment than going to a regular season game. Jerseys last years and years. Unless you're going to a once in a lifetime game like a Stanley Cup Final, you can always postpone going to a game.This is coming from a poor university student.
Posted Image
I make hockey sigs. Send me a request.

#159 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

lmao @ this one dude who keeps bringing up how its funding the illegal market

who cares

its like complaining about pirating movies and music

go join green peace or train to be a cop

stop worrying about what others are doing / spending money on

from the sounds of it with this "i get a new jersey every year" your nothing but a bunch of spoiled brats

Edited by cIutch, 08 February 2013 - 06:51 PM.

Posted Image

#160 the grinder

the grinder

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

i saw schoerders dad wearing a fake jersey last night in minny he had the mumber 40 on instead of 45 , dont let him in rogers arena then lol

#161 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,669 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

i saw schoerders dad wearing a fake jersey last night in minny he had the mumber 40 on instead of 45 , dont let him in rogers arena then lol

That was a Max Lapierre jersey.

#162 WeatherWise

WeatherWise

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Schroeder wore #40 in the 2010 preseason with the Canucks:

Posted Image

It doesn't appear as though Jordan has bought his father an updated jersey yet.
The greatest segue into a weather segment.

#163 BCNeil

BCNeil

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

I dont see why anyone would care about how others dress.
Sure some fake jerseys look horrible. The person wearing it looks bad, people notice they look bad.
But its their business.

So what does banning fakes at the arena do?

Do these people all pony up for real Canuck store jerseys?
No, they will come to games in street clothes.
At least fake jerseys look okay on tv, when they show the crowd.

#164 JRSJ

JRSJ

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

This thread in a nutshell:

http://www.reactiong...-disaproves.gif

Edited by JRSJ, 09 February 2013 - 04:37 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.