The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hotstove tonight summary

I do this once in a while where I summarize things people said when big segment is on team 1040 or tv or whatever have you. My goal is to do Hotstove tonight every week as its probably the most informative 15 minutes in hockey

So here it is

Weiss<- I missed first bit of convo on him

Healey: He believes Weiss will be a ufa and odds are will be dealt this season as Panthers are actively shopping him. Says he would be perfect fit in Ottawa

PJ Stock: He believes Canucks are interested in him.

Luongo

Stock: Not sure why Canucks wanna trade Luongo as Schneiders only played 72 games

Freidman: Even if Canucks hypothetically decided they wanted to keep Lou instead they would need to talk to him first and ask if he doesn’t want a trade anymore. Also points out if the Canucks even thought of trading Schneider the asking price would be a lot higher than Luongo. Again he thew this stuff very hypothetically

Healy: Canucks have already made choice and its Schneider and points out there is 0 pressure on Luongo at the moment.

Ryan Orielley

Healy: Avs offered 5 year deal at 17 mill and 2 year as well. They have leverage on him but still not sure why he is not on team. He believes AVS ownership is cheating the team by not treating the guy who is captail material and will be next captain in a fair way

Weekes: Not sure why they have not signed him

PJ Stock:The problem for Oreilley is team has rights so they are using cards and they are using original Duschene deal (3.5 mill per) as compareable

Friedman: He compares this situation to Mike Peca in Buffalo where the stats do not necessarily say everything. He says that a lot of what OReilley does is not quantifiable with stats but he is still quite the player. Still wonders why Avs have not been smart and nice to him.

On Phoenix

Freidman: Still hopeful something can get done without Jamison. If this team has to move and it is Canada there will not be a second team in Toronto

Healey: 170 mill is asking price for Phoenix with sweet heart lease but no one will do it. Basically says this is a financial disastrous and it is time to give it up

Weekes: Questions whether Seattle could get team but Freidmen responds they gotta get NBA deal set first

They have different panelists advocating different points of view so which ever the actual outcome turns out to be, they can say they were right.

Stock should be fired. He could barely disguise his hard on after the Bruins won the SCF.

Archived