The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Philadelphia - Vancouver

I think that it is very possible that a deal could be made here, if Bryzgalov keeps playing poorly.

Pieces Vancouver could include:

Corey Schneider

David Booth

Keith Ballard

Jannik Hansen

Mason Raymond

Pieces Philadelphia could include:

Sean Couturier

Brayden Schenn (unlikely)

Jakub Voracek

Wayne Simmonds

I think that the Canucks have a very solid forward group but we seem to have a lot of middling players and not enough star players that will help us get back to where we were in 2011. The Sedins have fallen off a little bit since then, not a lot but a bit. Kesler has been bitten with the injury bug. Malhotra was a completely different player in 2011 and we really miss him being where he was then. It took so much pressure off the top lines!

To Philadelphia

Corey Schneider

Niklas Jennsen

1st Round Pick 2013

To Vancouver

Jakub Voracek

Sean Couturier

I'm not sure if this is enough or what it would take to get this kind of deal done. I think that it is a fair deal

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Voracek

Higgins - Couturier - Burrows

Raymond - Lapierre- Hansen

This gives our lineup tons of speed especially on the fourth line and 2nd lines. Voracek is a passing winger with size that should work well with Booth and Kes. This also allows Couturier and Burrows to play a shutdown role and allows us to roll all four lines.

I would keep Schneider and trade Luongo if I were talking about the future but our time to win is now, and I don't believe Schneider is a significant enough upgrade over Luongo in the present to warrant not trading him if we can get a significant return to bolster our offence.

I think that it is very possible that a deal could be made here, if Bryzgalov keeps playing poorly.

Pieces Vancouver could include:

Corey Schneider

David Booth

Keith Ballard

Jannik Hansen

Mason Raymond

Pieces Philadelphia could include:

Sean Couturier

Brayden Schenn (unlikely)

Jakub Voracek

Wayne Simmonds

I think that the Canucks have a very solid forward group but we seem to have a lot of middling players and not enough star players that will help us get back to where we were in 2011. The Sedins have fallen off a little bit since then, not a lot but a bit. Kessler has been bitten with the injury bug. Malhotra was a completely different player in 2011 and we really miss him being where he was then. It took so much pressure off the top lines!

To Philadelphia

Corey Schneider

Niklas Jennsen

Mason Raymond

1st Round Pick 2013

To Vancouver

Jakub Voracek

Sean Couturier

Maxime Talbot

I'm not sure if this is enough or what it would take to get this kind of deal done. I think that it is a fair deal

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Voracek

Higgins - Couturier - Burrows

Lapierre - Talbot - Raymond

This gives our lineup tons of speed especially on the fourth line. Voracek is a passing winger with size that should work well with Booth and Kes. This also allows Couturier and Burrows to play a shutdown role and give us 3 lines to work with.

I would keep Schneider and trade Luongo if I were talking about the future but our time to win is now, and I doubt think Schneider is that much of an upgrade over Luongo in the next 2-3 years if he is at all.

With your first trade of Schneider, Ballard and Raymond for Couturier, Voracek and Simmonds (healthy line up)

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Voracek - Kesler - Simmonds

Schroeder - Couturier - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Hamhuis - Edler

Garrison - Bieksa

Vandermeer - Tanev

Luongo

:mellow:

I would NOT trade Jensen if I was MG, he's putting the team on his back on a very weak European team

I also think the package is too big, and only a combo of those 5 players could be obtained (Couturier, Talbot) or (Simmonds, and Schenn/Voracek)

Personally I'd overpay a bit for Schenn and Voracek, both a very good at both ends of the rink and are fairly gritty, especially Schenn. Voracek is more like Kassian and uses his body, and good positioning to score

I would NOT trade Jensen if I was MG, he's putting the team on his back on a very weak European team

I also think the package is too big, and only a combo of those 5 players could be obtained (Couturier, Talbot) or (Simmonds, and Schenn/Voracek)

Personally I'd overpay a bit for Schenn and Voracek, both a very good at both ends of the rink and are fairly gritty, especially Schenn. Voracek is more like Kassian and uses his body, and good positioning to score

I really like Jensen too, I just figure by the time he is able to contribute... next year... our team is one year further into their window. I think the oppurtunity is kind of now or never and we should go after it even if it means giving up some big pieces of the future. The good thing is the return is all young players who can help us now and into the future.

No I think he could wait a year, however this year may be the last year we are contenders. Probably not, we probably have 1-2 seasons after this year before we take a step back but this year would then account for 1/3 of our chances to win the cup. That's quite a significant number, plus the players we would get back aren't 34 or 35, we'd be getting back a 19 year old centerman(same age as Jensen) that can help us now and a 23 year old big right winger. Plus we are getting the size back that we give up on with Jensen.

... because we need a third line center.... plus people don't seem to understand we have our core set... trading schnieder isn't going to blow our team up... its called tweaking the line up AKA Strome on the third line while planning for the future and keeping your core group of players... if you haven't noticed After Jensen Lack and Corrado our prospects kind of suck... one of the worst prospect depth in the league

Archived