The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gallagher Sucks

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Is anyone else seeing this garbage? What is this?

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hockey/canucks-hockey/Gallagher+Sure+watching+Canucks+worth+price/7908444/story.html

It's always something with this guy. The reason it was a down-tempo game by Canucks-Blackhawks standards was BECAUSE of all the hype and the Keith-Sedin thing and so many commenters being out for blood. Nobody wants to see another Bertuzzi situation! They dialed back the intensity and kept it clean on purpose, there wasn't all that much hitting, there weren't many scrums or penalties, it was a clean, efficient game with lots of nice offensive plays and some excellent goaltending both ways. I have no idea how Gallagher calls that game boring, I was on the edge of my seat, if he wants to see blood he can watch UFC tonight. Gallagher is a traitor and a fool, if it's not the goalie it's the other goalie, if it's not the coach it's the GM, if it's not the top six it's the bottom six. If we're winning, we're not winning convincingly enough or with the proper flair, if we're losing it's time to blow the whole operation up. Reading this tripe, you'd think we'd just lost to Columbus by 10, instead of winning the last two while only giving up a single goal. I say it's well past time Tony Gallagher was run out of this town. Next time he's on the intermission show, someone ought to dump a beverage on him.

The idea that this team can win because of the way it was put togetger without putting in110% effort and without out-working other teams....

Is the reason we won't win a cup.

So stop with the entitlement crap already and just work your asses off - that is how the team got to the cup last time, they gave 100% energy all the time

Everything else is fluff - u think the most skilled teams win each year?

Is anyone else seeing this garbage? What is this?

http://www.theprovin...8444/story.html

It's always something with this guy. The reason it was a down-tempo game by Canucks-Blackhawks standards was BECAUSE of all the hype and the Keith-Sedin thing and so many commenters being out for blood. Nobody wants to see another Bertuzzi situation! They dialed back the intensity and kept it clean on purpose, there wasn't all that much hitting, there weren't many scrums or penalties, it was a clean, efficient game with lots of nice offensive plays and some excellent goaltending both ways. I have no idea how Gallagher calls that game boring, I was on the edge of my seat, if he wants to see blood he can watch UFC tonight. Gallagher is a traitor and a fool, if it's not the goalie it's the other goalie, if it's not the coach it's the GM, if it's not the top six it's the bottom six. If we're winning, we're not winning convincingly enough or with the proper flair, if we're losing it's time to blow the whole operation up. Reading this tripe, you'd think we'd just lost to Columbus by 10, instead of winning the last two while only giving up a single goal. I say it's well past time Tony Gallagher was run out of this town. Next time he's on the intermission show, someone ought to dump a beverage on him.

He gets paid to stir the pot. Most writers here? That's all they do. So... zZzZzzz... Same ol' crap.

It's the lack of facts behind the stirring that's annoying. Could be part of the whole act though. Spouting out actualities doesn't serve to stir the pot as effectively.

This act is more boring than any game i've ever seen. But still others remain entertained. To each their own.

Gallagher comes off as your typical disgruntled bitter Canucks fan who's been disappointed for too many years. The "I've been watching this team for 40 years and blah blah blah". The Canucks just beat the #1 team in the league and finally seem to be getting their legs back. Still he's gotta complain that the game was "not entertaining enough". Gallagher's gotta realize that sometimes when 2 of your Top 6 forwards are out you gotta grind out the wins.

I'm with you...Gallagher is a squirrley ferret. He's a bitter little scribe who probably carried jock straps as a kid. Can you imagine Gallagher doing anything remotely athletic?

As much as I hate the Bruins, Shawn Thornton and all things Boston sports related, once I got over the initial embarrasment that Gallagher was representng Vancouver and trying to defend the honor of Dale Weise and the Vancouver Canucks, I listened with enjoyment as he was roasted by Thorton and Comcast sportscaster. Take a listen, if you haven't heard this already.

He cites that Weise is 40 pounds lighter than Thornton, making him 170 lbs., but as discussion went on, Weise gained 20 pounds to 190...still a whole less than the 210 Weise is listed at on all sources. This is one example of Gallagher needing to get his facts in order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjRiUOWqwyw

Archived