The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gallagher Sucks

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

What, so you want people from our town to just fall in love with whatever kind of performance the Canucks deliver. They played terrible on Friday and Luongo was the only bright spot maybe he was so good you guys couldn't see how awful the rest of the team was playing. Canucks get one goal and your mad at Gallagher for tearing this team up. Really. CDC needs Antipsychotic you guys are bipolar. If we lost you would all be singing a different story.

Really? No.

They did not play terrible...did you even watch? We totally outhit them (by a large margin...back later with the numbers). We blocked shots. We played a more defensive style game, but that's ok...you do whatever your opponent dictates and is necessary to get the win. The Hawks are a freewheeling, offensive team and, with that, we outplayed them in shutting them down. They generally average 3 goals or so per game and they got one - so you tell me who succeeded/failed in that? The final score would indicate that the team did something right...it's not like they outshot us by a huge margin or anything. When you can pull the Hawks off their offensive game it rattles them and we were effective in doing that.

Did the Hawks try to pour it on at times? Yes, they did, but we responded to that. They're used to pushing us around and getting away with it but that's no longer the case. So their gameplan wasn't effective as a result. They took 3 penalties in the 3rd that would indicate a bit of an unraveling...so that part of our gameplan worked.

Gallagher is now jaded...it's been too long for him. He used to have my respect but I think he's run out of things to say and is now grasping at straws and, at times, all over the map. I heard two different interviews with him over two days, and he changed his tune over the course of them. Went from slamming management for the "goaltender situation" not being handled effectively to the next interview, where he provided answers. So, in doing that, he obviously understands the situation for what it is, but let his own frustration get the better of him. He's sounding whiny, and that means it's likely time to pack it in.

Gallagher has spent his credibility - whether he is right in this instance or not. "Even a broken clock is right twice a day" - and that's what we have here. He's been acting like a bitchy automaton for a long time now - rarely bothering to temper it with anything but the kind of hyper-critical pretenses that he simply doesn't have the hockey knowledge to back up. His self-professed authority is a joke. He's a professional armchair without the real knowledge to make it worthwhile - all tedious form, rarely any content.

Is anyone else seeing this garbage? What is this?

http://www.theprovin...8444/story.html

It's always something with this guy. The reason it was a down-tempo game by Canucks-Blackhawks standards was BECAUSE of all the hype and the Keith-Sedin thing and so many commenters being out for blood. Nobody wants to see another Bertuzzi situation! They dialed back the intensity and kept it clean on purpose, there wasn't all that much hitting, there weren't many scrums or penalties, it was a clean, efficient game with lots of nice offensive plays and some excellent goaltending both ways. I have no idea how Gallagher calls that game boring, I was on the edge of my seat, if he wants to see blood he can watch UFC tonight. Gallagher is a traitor and a fool, if it's not the goalie it's the other goalie, if it's not the coach it's the GM, if it's not the top six it's the bottom six. If we're winning, we're not winning convincingly enough or with the proper flair, if we're losing it's time to blow the whole operation up. Reading this tripe, you'd think we'd just lost to Columbus by 10, instead of winning the last two while only giving up a single goal. I say it's well past time Tony Gallagher was run out of this town. Next time he's on the intermission show, someone ought to dump a beverage on him.

It's always something with this guy. The reason it was a down-tempo game by Canucks-Blackhawks standards was BECAUSE of all the hype and the Keith-Sedin thing and so many commenters being out for blood. Nobody wants to see another Bertuzzi situation! They dialed back the intensity and kept it clean on purpose, there wasn't all that much hitting, there weren't many scrums or penalties, it was a clean, efficient game with lots of nice offensive plays and some excellent goaltending both ways. I have no idea how Gallagher calls that game boring, I was on the edge of my seat, if he wants to see blood he can watch UFC tonight. Gallagher is a traitor and a fool, if it's not the goalie it's the other goalie, if it's not the coach it's the GM, if it's not the top six it's the bottom six. If we're winning, we're not winning convincingly enough or with the proper flair, if we're losing it's time to blow the whole operation up. Reading this tripe, you'd think we'd just lost to Columbus by 10, instead of winning the last two while only giving up a single goal. I say it's well past time Tony Gallagher was run out of this town. Next time he's on the intermission show, someone ought to dump a beverage on him.

It seems CHI has more respect now for VAN than it did in the past. They used to seem pretty cocky and immature but now I think now some of their players have grown up a bit e.g. P Kane. The fact that it was a tight, hockey only game was great. Drama and theatrics are stupid.

As for Gallagher. The guy like to stir the pot with his articles. When he is on the intermission show he is never as snarky. I guess the guy just wants to keep his paycheck by being the overly critical writer on staff.

I'd like to know whether he actually stands behind his opinions.

Marchand didn't say that until after the interview. Gallagher could have shut up Thornton if he'd brushed up on his stats beforehand to have an argument in the first place, but then he didn't really know he'd be on there, or that Thornton would lie in rebuttal to Gallagher's key points.

Thornton lied about having fought multiple times in a game before and Thornton lied about not knowing it was McQuaid that Weise was challenging.

Sure, Gallagher came off looking like a chump but who in the Boston media cared that Thornton was lying through his teeth?

Gallagher has spent his credibility - whether he is right in this instance or not. "Even a broken clock is right twice a day" - and that's what we have here. He's been acting like a bitchy automaton for a long time now - rarely bothering to temper it with anything but the kind of hyper-critical pretenses that he simply doesn't have the hockey knowledge to back up. His self-professed authority is a joke. He's a professional armchair without the real knowledge to make it worthwhile - all tedious form, rarely any content.

Archived