The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gallagher Sucks

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Not trying to be mean but the first time I heard the guy I had to turn off the radio. His voice is so nasaly and whiny. The voice alone drove me crazy. He could be saying something really intelligent but I just can't bring myself to listen to him.

And then Sportsnet has to have him during breaks at home games so I always have to switch channels.

I know it's not the guys fault and I don't mean any disrespect but some people are just not meant to be on radio or tv, myself included.

Well, now there’s been almost a nine-month break and fatigue has been replaced as an issue by lack of conditioning we’re led to believe. But nothing has changed. The prevailing wisdom in the dressing room is best put by Max Lapierre when he says: “It’s just two games. Last year you were dealing with a tired bunch, but I think you’re going to be seeing the real team back soon.”

We’d all love to believe that, but is it just wishful thinking. Consider what we’ve seen so far is exactly what we saw last year, minus the great goaltending. They have trouble sustaining any emotion or enthusiasm for longer than 10 minutes — even at home — before falling back into the doldrums. They haven’t even been on the road yet.

Why would anything change? It’s all the same crew. Nobody is hungry to prove anything on this team, other than Zack Kassian and perhaps now Jordan Schroeder. Nobody is the least bit sour or uncomfortable or being pushed in any way. In fact, it’s often the veteran players who tell the coach what they’d like or prefer. Some would go so far as to say they run the show themselves like a country club, although only those involved know the real story.

Lets take a look at this crap of an article here. For one he quotes Max Lapierre after he probably asks him a question along the lines of "why do you think the Canucks have had such a horrible start?" Max Lapierre goes on to answer his question, fine. Then Gallagher moves on to ridicule just what Lappy said. "We'd all love to believe that" Now I realize he is an opnionist/columnist and isn't just a reporter, however he is completely disregarding what Lappy is saying and pretty much ridiculing it and is basically calling into question Lapierre's honesty and credibility.(LAPPY IS A CANUCK AND THEREFORE PRIVY TO WHAT IS GOING ON BEHIND THE SCENES WHEREAS GALLAGHER IS NOT) Now he is saying that Lappy's answer is just "wishful thinking" Disrespectful and just looking to stir up crap.

Don't even get me started on the end of the last paragraph but who does he think he is? If you are a reader gobbling up his BS (I am sure thier are lots) and defending this guy saying he is astute or whatever, you probably need to get your head examined. He just guesses at best, generally disregards what players and coaches actually say and is ultimately a spin doctor.

Don't even get me started on the last paragraph? What a lazy response. Talk to most in the media and players. Gallagher is very connected. Take a further look at some of the points he has made (please have the ability to know what consists of tongue in cheek) and debate them. It is far better than just writing him off as some creative writer.

With eregards to the Lappy part, do you disagree with what Gallagher wrote? If so, please give examples of it. Or better, yet, just write not to get you started.

Is anyone else seeing this garbage? What is this?

http://www.theprovin...8444/story.html

It's always something with this guy. The reason it was a down-tempo game by Canucks-Blackhawks standards was BECAUSE of all the hype and the Keith-Sedin thing and so many commenters being out for blood. Nobody wants to see another Bertuzzi situation! They dialed back the intensity and kept it clean on purpose, there wasn't all that much hitting, there weren't many scrums or penalties, it was a clean, efficient game with lots of nice offensive plays and some excellent goaltending both ways. I have no idea how Gallagher calls that game boring, I was on the edge of my seat, if he wants to see blood he can watch UFC tonight. Gallagher is a traitor and a fool, if it's not the goalie it's the other goalie, if it's not the coach it's the GM, if it's not the top six it's the bottom six. If we're winning, we're not winning convincingly enough or with the proper flair, if we're losing it's time to blow the whole operation up. Reading this tripe, you'd think we'd just lost to Columbus by 10, instead of winning the last two while only giving up a single goal. I say it's well past time Tony Gallagher was run out of this town. Next time he's on the intermission show, someone ought to dump a beverage on him.

The onus should be on you to say why you agree with him. You are just a media stooge who regurgitates anything you read or hear. You're a joke, try something for once: Use your mind.

Yes I do disgagree with what he wrote, Cause he is contradicting what Lappy said, I don't need to give examples. He should say why he feel lappy is lying to him. Lappy is a Canuck PLAYER and if you can't see that he would have more insight, more knowledge into the workings of the Canucks than some sickly old man who is not in the dressing room or the private player meetings or the organization meetings than you are just an idiot plain and simple.

Why don't you start posting some of his brilliant journalistic work and show me why its so amazing and why you get off on Gallagher so much. Oh wait maybe because you are too Lazy. So stop posting your worthless drivel or back it up.

Edit: And one last thing Gallagher lover, So far Lappy has been right not Gallagher... what a suprise :rolleyes:

Wow, you really have a brilliant way of putting things. Name calling, I bet you are doing very well in your career (assuming you have made it out of grade 10?). Telling me to use my mind for once, just brillaint comment - have you any idea who I am? I think not. Well, I am not lazy. Take a look at his credentials. He is a senior member of the PHWA, educated in Political Science , and one of the better respected hockey writers in North America. Why do you think the likes of Mario Lemieux, Wayne Gretzky, and Scotty Bowman have so often allowed him all access?

It would be pointless to repost his aricles with a copy and paste job, as you seem to be fond of, but rather ask you to Google his work and form an opinion. It is not up to me to prove his worthiness as a writer, but rather up to you, as you started with the generalization on him.

If you don't agree with what I said, I am forced to resort to your level and ask you to go fornicate with yourself.

The man has been getting paid good money to write about hockey since before most of the whiners here were born so he must be doing something right. An old editor of mine once said that you don't have to be right, you just have to be read. Looks like a LOT of people are reading ol' Tony so his job is secure.

I'm with you...Gallagher is a squirrley ferret. He's a bitter little scribe who probably carried jock straps as a kid. Can you imagine Gallagher doing anything remotely athletic?

As much as I hate the Bruins, Shawn Thornton and all things Boston sports related, once I got over the initial embarrasment that Gallagher was representng Vancouver and trying to defend the honor of Dale Weise and the Vancouver Canucks, I listened with enjoyment as he was roasted by Thorton and Comcast sportscaster. Take a listen, if you haven't heard this already.

He cites that Weise is 40 pounds lighter than Thornton, making him 170 lbs., but as discussion went on, Weise gained 20 pounds to 190...still a whole less than the 210 Weise is listed at on all sources. This is one example of Gallagher needing to get his facts in order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjRiUOWqwyw

The man has been getting paid good money to write about hockey since before most of the whiners here were born so he must be doing something right. An old editor of mine once said that you don't have to be right, you just have to be read. Looks like a LOT of people are reading ol' Tony so his job is secure.

I am sensing that Gillis and Tony G have had some type of falling out in the last year or 2.

Tony wrote nothing but fluff a few years back and has now regressed to his usual meandering, unnecessary pot stirring.

Its not even the scribes that are pathetic, its the people that read/listen and are actually so damn lazy that they appropriate editorial as their own opinjion.. Same for Team 1040 Canucks Suicide Hotline.

CDC is littered with these folks.

Not going to argue that he isn't successful, but just because he has been successful at what he does and the sheeple read his crap doesn't change the fact that he sucks, has no real clue about hockey, and that its time for him to just stop.

Canucks fans will read anything Canuck related, get an above-average intellegence monkey mashing on a keypad with Canucks randomly thrown in there and people will read it. Especially when his editorials are designed with the specific purpose to stir up controversy and get Canuck fans into an emotional panicked frenzy.

Thank you for emphasising my point. You clearly are not well read.

Have you ever heard his debate with Glen Suitor? It was interesting in the Suitor defenders mainly used name calling and generalistaions to every POINT that was made by Gallagher.

Archived