Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dark Knight

Should the Canucks get rid of Mark Donnelly? Doesn't pump up crowd anymore!

84 posts in this topic

Should the Canucks get rid of Mark Donnelly? I find him very boring and his voice seems to have lost an edge now that he's lost all his weight. I mean it's really good that he lost all that weight because he's probably healthier for doing so.

It's very "weak" when he tries to hit the high notes and it doesn't pump up the crowd at all anymore. His routine is also played out now, especially with the crowd at Rogers Arena and how quiet they are. We need someone that pumps up the entire building by sheer emotion like the dude from Chicago and the piano Organ. Someone that doesn't need the crowd gimmick of participating in the anthem to get people involved and pumped up.

Thoughts? I can't be the only one that has thought that Mark Donnelly isn't was good as he use to be.

We need a change when it's big games. Michael Buble or something!

I was there last night and thought he did a fantastic job... Like always.

The guy from Chicago is the only anthem singer that's better than Donnelly in my opinion.

Buble for the playoffs.

get it done mg

/sarcasm

Man that Chicago guy hypes up that crowd like no other, I love the hollering and cheering during the anthem.

Hell, I nearly turned into a blackhawks fan after watching that.

I'd take Mark Donnelly over Rene Rancourt.. I don't want our anthem singer doing the fist pumps after he sings the national anthems... Like for god's sake you're there to sing.

Yeah, right. Buble will give up his recording, touring and time with his hot South American wife to be the regular anthem singer for the Canucks...that's a giant step in the right direction for his career. Cameo yes, but regular??? You gotta be kidding me.

Just need to fatten him up again.

Maybe the Nucks can hire Kyle Wellwood's personal trainer to work with Mark.

I could care less who sings the anthem, to me it's just the thing you have to sit through till the game starts. Better question should we get rid of the anthem all together?

Should the Canucks get rid of Mark Donnelly? I find him very boring and his voice seems to have lost an edge now that he's lost all his weight. I mean it's really good that he lost all that weight because he's probably healthier for doing so.

It's very "weak" when he tries to hit the high notes and it doesn't pump up the crowd at all anymore. His routine is also played out now, especially with the crowd at Rogers Arena and how quiet they are. We need someone that pumps up the entire building by sheer emotion like the dude from Chicago and the piano Organ. Someone that doesn't need the crowd gimmick of participating in the anthem to get people involved and pumped up.

Thoughts? I can't be the only one that has thought that Mark Donnelly isn't was good as he use to be.

We need a change when it's big games. Michael Buble or something!