The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Should the Canucks get rid of Mark Donnelly? Doesn't pump up crowd anymore!

The Dark Knight

Should the Canucks get rid of Mark Donnelly? I find him very boring and his voice seems to have lost an edge now that he's lost all his weight. I mean it's really good that he lost all that weight because he's probably healthier for doing so.

It's very "weak" when he tries to hit the high notes and it doesn't pump up the crowd at all anymore. His routine is also played out now, especially with the crowd at Rogers Arena and how quiet they are. We need someone that pumps up the entire building by sheer emotion like the dude from Chicago and the piano Organ. Someone that doesn't need the crowd gimmick of participating in the anthem to get people involved and pumped up.

Thoughts? I can't be the only one that has thought that Mark Donnelly isn't was good as he use to be.

We need a change when it's big games. Michael Buble or something!

Yeah, right. Buble will give up his recording, touring and time with his hot South American wife to be the regular anthem singer for the Canucks...that's a giant step in the right direction for his career. Cameo yes, but regular??? You gotta be kidding me.

Should the Canucks get rid of Mark Donnelly? I find him very boring and his voice seems to have lost an edge now that he's lost all his weight. I mean it's really good that he lost all that weight because he's probably healthier for doing so.

It's very "weak" when he tries to hit the high notes and it doesn't pump up the crowd at all anymore. His routine is also played out now, especially with the crowd at Rogers Arena and how quiet they are. We need someone that pumps up the entire building by sheer emotion like the dude from Chicago and the piano Organ. Someone that doesn't need the crowd gimmick of participating in the anthem to get people involved and pumped up.

Thoughts? I can't be the only one that has thought that Mark Donnelly isn't was good as he use to be.

We need a change when it's big games. Michael Buble or something!

Archived