The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marchand Injured

Primus099

Debating the worth of any player in the league with a someone like you would be an exercise in futility. I can pinpoint exactly what kind of 'hockey fan' you are from that juvenile response to my comment. You're the type of 'fan' to whom hockey is like watching a drama. Every team that isn't the Canucks is the 'bad guy'- and that goes doubly for teams that knock them out of the postseason. Like someone who watches a soap opera, you love to see your least favorite characters knocked off. When someone hurts one of your favorite characters, any reason that existed before goes out the door- you just hate them for hurting your poor [insert player here].

Marchand shat on the Canucks in 2011, and injured Salo. To you, he is the devil's spawn. That's your perspective. I'm not condoning the dirty part of his game. But to tell me I'm wrong for saying he is a fantastic hockey player is pathetic on your part. Don't bother responding if you're going to say something that stupid.

If Marchand was a Canuck, everyone would love him.

Same goes for Perry, Bolland, Keith, Clowe, (insert other player Canuck fans hate).

We have had our fair share of dirty agitators over the years (Torres, Cooke, Ruutu), and they were all fan favourites at one time. Heck, even after his 25 game suspension theres still a handful of people making Torres proposals.

Bravo. I am no fan of him either but the disgusting comments in this thread reinforce the notion that "true Canuck fans" are the most cretinous sports fans going, cheering with genuine blood lust whenever any "enemy" player gets hurt. I find this attitude nauseating, and so do most REAL hockey fans. That Karma that so many of you keep bringing up could well be the karma that gets Burrows a broken face or Kesler a concussion the next time he takes a dive, maybe Lou tears his groin or Lappy gets checked from behind into the boards resulting in a broken neck. The problem is that it is contagious and I find myself thinking how it would be poetic justice for a Canuck to get hurt in similar fashion which I will readily admit is a truly unworthy thought. We should be trying to be the classiest fans in the league not the most moronic and mean spirited. Some class people, please!

Bravo. I am no fan of him either but the disgusting comments in this thread reinforce the notion that "true Canuck fans" are the most cretinous sports fans going, cheering with genuine blood lust whenever any "enemy" player gets hurt. I find this attitude nauseating, and so do most REAL hockey fans. That Karma that so many of you keep bringing up could well be the karma that gets Burrows a broken face or Kesler a concussion the next time he takes a dive, maybe Lou tears his groin or Lappy gets checked from behind into the boards resulting in a broken neck. The problem is that it is contagious and I find myself thinking how it would be poetic justice for a Canuck to get hurt in similar fashion which I will readily admit is a truly unworthy thought. We should be trying to be the classiest fans in the league not the most moronic and mean spirited. Some class people, please!

Stay classy Canucks fans.

Marchand is one of my favorite players. Just as Jägermeister said, and you've all evidenced, Marchand is one of the league's best agitators. He is also a talented top 6 forward. That's makes for a valuable package. But what makes him so endearing to me is the fact that he has heart. In last year's playoffs, Game 7 of the Bruins - Capitals series, the B's looked gassed. They weren't playing their best hockey. But one guy on the ice wearing black and yellow stood out: Brad Marchand. Whenever the kid is on the ice, his motor is going full speed. That's an admirable trait- one you don't find in many players. Would absolutely love to have him on the Canucks.

Hopefully he can get back on the ice soon.

If he wasn't cheapshotting and acting/diving like a little biotch that he is, yes, I'd like him on our team too. But the reason why nobody except Bruins fans have ANY sympathy for Marchand is because of all the high risky injuries that he brings to his game.

Oh my God, this is the defining moment of Jack Edwards' career in broadcasting. Complete homeristic view... Keeps going on about how Niskanen misses his punches but he actually punched Marchand at the side of his helmet..

Cooke came back with a new attitude. He knew that what he was doing ended player's careers. After his last suspension, he admitted himself that he had to change his game the minute he stepped back on the ice and thats what he did. Cooke realizes that he injures people, Marchand does not. And that is why he will not be getting any sort of sympathy from anyone in the league.

http://www.psycholadyhockey.com/top-10-tuesday-your-most-hated-nhl-players/

I believe she is from Toronto so excuse her smog-induced clouded judgement. 4 of her 10 most hated have worn the Canucks jersey and all enjoyed fan favorite status while playing in Vancouver. Marchand is there and she also adds the comment at the end of her list any player in a Bruins jersey. Avery is long gone from the NHL but his legacy still rates him in her top 10 :)

http://www.psycholadyhockey.com/top-10-tuesday-your-most-hated-nhl-players/

I believe she is from Toronto so excuse her smog-induced clouded judgement. 4 of her 10 most hated have worn the Canucks jersey and all enjoyed fan favorite status while playing in Vancouver. Marchand is there and she also adds the comment at the end of her list any player in a Bruins jersey. Avery is long gone from the NHL but his legacy still rates him in her top 10 :)

Archived