The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marchand Injured

Primus099

Debating the worth of any player in the league with a someone like you would be an exercise in futility. I can pinpoint exactly what kind of 'hockey fan' you are from that juvenile response to my comment. You're the type of 'fan' to whom hockey is like watching a drama. Every team that isn't the Canucks is the 'bad guy'- and that goes doubly for teams that knock them out of the postseason. Like someone who watches a soap opera, you love to see your least favorite characters knocked off. When someone hurts one of your favorite characters, any reason that existed before goes out the door- you just hate them for hurting your poor [insert player here].

Marchand shat on the Canucks in 2011, and injured Salo. To you, he is the devil's spawn. That's your perspective. I'm not condoning the dirty part of his game. But to tell me I'm wrong for saying he is a fantastic hockey player is pathetic on your part. Don't bother responding if you're going to say something that stupid.

Debating the worth of any player in the league with a someone like you would be an exercise in futility. I can pinpoint exactly what kind of 'hockey fan' you are from that juvenile response to my comment. You're the type of 'fan' to whom hockey is like watching a drama. Every team that isn't the Canucks is the 'bad guy'- and that goes doubly for teams that knock them out of the postseason. Like someone who watches a soap opera, you love to see your least favorite characters knocked off. When someone hurts one of your favorite characters, any reason that existed before goes out the door- you just hate them for hurting your poor [insert player here].

Marchand shat on the Canucks in 2011, and injured Salo. To you, he is the devil's spawn. That's your perspective. I'm not condoning the dirty part of his game. But to tell me I'm wrong for saying he is a fantastic hockey player is pathetic on your part. Don't bother responding if you're going to say something that stupid.

Stay classy Canucks fans.

Marchand is one of my favorite players. Just as Jägermeister said, and you've all evidenced, Marchand is one of the league's best agitators. He is also a talented top 6 forward. That's makes for a valuable package. But what makes him so endearing to me is the fact that he has heart. In last year's playoffs, Game 7 of the Bruins - Capitals series, the B's looked gassed. They weren't playing their best hockey. But one guy on the ice wearing black and yellow stood out: Brad Marchand. Whenever the kid is on the ice, his motor is going full speed. That's an admirable trait- one you don't find in many players. Would absolutely love to have him on the Canucks.

Hopefully he can get back on the ice soon.

There is a difference between being an agitator and someone that cheapshots players. He is as sneaky as they come. He is almost like a magician with the way he will trick players into thinking he is going to do one thing and then do another (like when he pretended like he was going to play the puck and then took out salo). Sneaky and dirty. At least when Cooke went and cheapshot'd players it was pretty obvious that he was a complete scumbag. Marchand tries to defend himself all of the time and make it seem incidental and that he is protecting himself. Such a weasel.

Rumours of shoulder separation.

Wow, way to be completely off on that one. The fact that you think you can guess my personality because of a single post is hilarious. Someone has a bit of an ego problem...

You think I hate every Bruins player because they knocked my favourite team out? Well you are wrong. There's only a few players in the league I don't like, and guess who they are, the punks. Marchand is not a typical agitator. He is a rat that cheap shots players and hides. And if you can't tell the difference, and think that a player that does those actions is a fantastic hockey player, then there is something seriously wrong.

If he wasn't in boston, he wouldn't be in the NHL, at least not for very long

Sure, deny it. But you're the one bringing up the aspect of his game you hate, when I never even mentioned it. Like I said, I don't condone the cheap shots. But that doesn't change the fact that he's a guy with great puck control, a wicked shot and a ton of hustle. You said, or at least strongly implied I was wrong for saying that (I doubt think you were referring to grammar or syntax when decrying me for having written 'the worst post ever'), but offer no evidence to the contrary. Imagine if Albert Einstein was known for punching his fellow physicists in the back of the head. Hyperbole with regards to relative talent, but nonetheless, would it change the fact that he was a genius? You answer that one for me.

Think before you post.

Sure, deny it. But you're the one bringing up the aspect of his game you hate, when I never even mentioned it. Like I said, I don't condone the cheap shots. But that doesn't change the fact that he's a guy with great puck control, a wicked shot and a ton of hustle. You said, or at least strongly implied I was wrong for saying that (I doubt think you were referring to grammar or syntax when decrying me for having written 'the worst post ever'), but offer no evidence to the contrary. Imagine if Albert Einstein was known for punching his fellow physicists in the back of the head. Hyperbole with regards to relative talent, but nonetheless, would it change the fact that he was a genius? You answer that one for me.

Think before you post.

You said he was one of the league's best agitators, and completely avoided backing it up once it was argued. Then go on to assume you know my personality based on one post then avoid that also when challenged.

I see you emulate marchand well.

Yes I bring up the part of his game I hate, because it's a major part of his game. You can't rightly say he's a great player yet does terrible things like the way he does.

And don't waste my time with irrelevant questions.

And I see you argue with all of the impetus and intuition of a high school debate team reserve.

I was completely unaware you were challenging my calling Marchand one of the league's best agitators. If you were actually to do that, than I can't even fathom a guess at what you would define an agitator as. It actually hurts my head to try and wrap it around that one. Are you trying to somehow insinuate that he ISN'T one of the leagues most infuriating players to play against? You do know cheap shots are the calling card of any agitator right? (See: Steve Downie, Ben Eager, Dan Carcillo).

Bobby Clarke and Mr. Hockey himself, Gordie Howe, were known for throwing elbows and generally doling out cheap shots galore. Does that somehow remove their status as being some of greatest to play the game?

And if failed to see the relevancy of my analogy, then I'd honestly have to question if I really am arguing with someone in high school.

Archived