#61 Mighty Walrus

Mighty Walrus

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:02 AM

Stay classy Canucks fans.

Marchand is one of my favorite players. Just as Jägermeister said, and you've all evidenced, Marchand is one of the league's best agitators. He is also a talented top 6 forward. That's makes for a valuable package. But what makes him so endearing to me is the fact that he has heart. In last year's playoffs, Game 7 of the Bruins - Capitals series, the B's looked gassed. They weren't playing their best hockey. But one guy on the ice wearing black and yellow stood out: Brad Marchand. Whenever the kid is on the ice, his motor is going full speed. That's an admirable trait- one you don't find in many players. Would absolutely love to have him on the Canucks.

Hopefully he can get back on the ice soon.

Lol get out. Screw Marchand.

#62 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:17 AM

Let him rehab boxing MMA with Ben Eager...

Normally don't like to see people get hurt, this is an exception.

"Marchand went down to injury at 6:30 of the second after he collided with Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek and then the goal post as he swooped in on Reimer. The puck ended up bouncing off a Bruin and into the net, but after review it was deemed that the referee was in the process of whistling the play dead following the incidental contact between Marchand and Reimer. Marchand seemed to be favoring his shoulder on the Bruins’ bench and did not return to the game."

Posted Image

#63 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

HNIC could not have given me a better birthday gift last night than showing live footage of ratface grimacing in pain.
Posted Image

#64 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

dp

Edited by CB007, 03 February 2013 - 09:09 AM.

Posted Image

#65 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Not gonna lie... if Marchand was hit by a bus, I'd jump for joy.

Not going to pretend to be some "classy" pretentious Canucks fan. You know it. I know it. We all know it. This guy deserves a WORLD of hurt.
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#66 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Not even the Boston players went over to see if he was ok.

Waste of a lot of talent in a player whose behaviour should have him permanently suspended (no respect for other players or the rules of the game).

Bardown, did you really compare Marchand to Einstein? The rat turd is a moron.

#67 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

And I see you argue with all of the impetus and intuition of a high school debate team reserve.

I was completely unaware you were challenging my calling Marchand one of the league's best agitators. If you were actually to do that, than I can't even fathom a guess at what you would define an agitator as. It actually hurts my head to try and wrap it around that one. Are you trying to somehow insinuate that he ISN'T one of the leagues most infuriating players to play against? You do know cheap shots are the calling card of any agitator right? (See: Steve Downie, Ben Eager, Dan Carcillo).

Bobby Clarke and Mr. Hockey himself, Gordie Howe, were known for throwing elbows and generally doling out cheap shots galore. Does that somehow remove their status as being some of greatest to play the game?

And if failed to see the relevancy of my analogy, then I'd honestly have to question if I really am arguing with someone in high school.

You are terrible at reading people. Please stop assuming you know who I am, you're embarrassing yourself.

You think that the best way to be an agitator is to take runs at people? Wow. Burrows and Bolland are good agitators. Marchand is only good at making cheap shots. See the difference between them? If Marchand didn't take those cheap shots, then he would be like Burrows, and I would say he is a good agitator. Until then, no.

And comparing Einstein to Marchand is pretty irrelevant.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#68 Salo'sBomb

Salo'sBomb

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Little bastard deserves it. Great hockey player but dirty as hell and after what he did to Salo (My favourite player) that was really the last straw. Hope the rat realizes the danger of injuries and stops taking these dirty shots against other players potentially ending their career.

#69 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

Marchand is one of my favorite players. Just as Jägermeister said, and you've all evidenced, Marchand is one of the league's best agitators. He is also a talented top 6 forward. That's makes for a valuable package. But what makes him so endearing to me is the fact that he has heart. In last year's playoffs, Game 7 of the Bruins - Capitals series, the B's looked gassed. They weren't playing their best hockey. But one guy on the ice wearing black and yellow stood out: Brad Marchand. Whenever the kid is on the ice, his motor is going full speed. That's an admirable trait- one you don't find in many players. Would absolutely love to have him on the Canucks.

Really? Every time I see him during the Playoffs, he had been diving all over the ice (more than Kesler and Brown) like the rink have turned into a swimming pool!

If he ever on the Canucks, I'm sure the fan will run him off in a heartbeat.. If he on the team, I would never root for him... Even he made some goals!

#70 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,694 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

If Marchand was a Canuck, everyone would love him.
Same goes for Perry, Bolland, Keith, Clowe, (insert other player Canuck fans hate).
We have had our fair share of dirty agitators over the years (Torres, Cooke, Ruutu), and they were all fan favourites at one time. Heck, even after his 25 game suspension theres still a handful of people making Torres proposals.
Posted Image

#71 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,990 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Same goes for Perry, Bolland, Keith, Clowe, (insert other player Canuck fans hate).
We have had our fair share of dirty agitators over the years (Torres, Cooke, Ruutu), and they were all fan favourites at one time. Heck, even after his 25 game suspension theres still a handful of people making Torres proposals.

#marchandlove #tradeformarchand #morecupsthancanucks #schneiderformarchand #blackandyellow #hatersgonnahate

Edited by Armada, 03 February 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#72 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

But he isn't a Canuck so we get to hate him.

Get with the program!!!!!!!!!!!
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#73 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,774 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Karma.

Don't care. Don't wish physical harm to anyone (except pedophiles, murderers, animal & elderly abusers, etc.) but also feel no sympathy here.

And as for the "if he was a Canuck...". He's not /story.

(It's a shoulder, how's he gonna shovel the crap he tries to sell now??)

Posted Image

#74 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Outside of the one extremely bad incident, Keith isn't a dirty player.

Did Canucks fans love Cooke? I didn't and I know a lot who didn't. Same w/ Brashear ... Bertuzzi, despite not being a dirty player, had the one incident and some people still haven't let that go.

#75 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,701 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:47 PM

Marchand is NOT an agitator .. he IS a talented player who plays like a true doosh .. if someone ended his career tomorrow, I would celebrate by retiring the voodoo doll I made of him .. the one with the big lag screw inserted in its rectum .. :rolleyes:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#76 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

I wonder if anyone will frame the picture and display it with their awards like the Bruin's ownership did with Miller

You mean auction it off to charity?

I bet this picture signed by Komiserek would get more money for charity in Vancouver than the Lucic bowling over Miller picture in Boston.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#77 Lancaster

Lancaster

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

For Perry, Clowe, Bolland, and with the exception of Keith's elbow.... they're players you love to have, but hate to play against.

With Torres.... good hits, legal if it was 5+ years back. Now with all this talk about concussions, he's now the sacrificial lamb.
Ruutu.... he's annoying, but I don't recall him doing anything that might ruin another player's career. Great agitator.
Cooke.... his illegal hits are what they are, illegal. Illegal back then, illegal now. He has changed his game, thus people don't mind him as much.

Marchand.... he just cheapshots players. Slewfooting and up-ending players are extremely dangerous when they're not expecting them. He injures players and then has the audacity to say he's "defending" himself. He's not an agitator, he's just a rat.

#78 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Hells. Bells. To. The. ****. NO.

Not. Ever.

Not. In. This. Lifetime.

NEVER, NO..

Marchand is NOT an agitator .. he IS a talented player who plays like a true doosh .. if someone ended his career tomorrow, I would celebrate by retiring the voodoo doll I made of him .. the one with the big lag screw inserted in its rectum .. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Tell us how you really feel, T7! :lol:

(I agree with you.....I have a finely honed hatpin strategically placed in my own Ratboy doll :P)

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 03 February 2013 - 06:39 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#79 Virt 'n Kass

Virt 'n Kass

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

Komisarek was just protecting himself, I'm surprised his nose didn't cushion the blow, it's too bad he hit the post and not the divider between the benches, etcetera etcetera.

#80 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Hopefully one of many injuries to come, unless he smartens up and cuts the cheap shots out of his game.

No, I don't care about being classy. He's a douche who's gone out of his way to injure players and threaten their careers.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#81 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Reminds me of a younger Bryan marchment but an Esa tikkanen face

#82 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Now, now, guys...

As much as we're all bitter, there's still nothing good about seeing someone get hurt.

after what he did to Salo i am in tears of joy to hear he is hurt.
Release The KraKassian
Posted Image

#83 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Burrows/Clutterbuck/Lapierre are agitators

Marchand is just a dirty piece of garbage

marchand is on the same level as cooke and that is a disgrace to the league.
Release The KraKassian
Posted Image

#84 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

Debating the worth of any player in the league with a someone like you would be an exercise in futility. I can pinpoint exactly what kind of 'hockey fan' you are from that juvenile response to my comment. You're the type of 'fan' to whom hockey is like watching a drama. Every team that isn't the Canucks is the 'bad guy'- and that goes doubly for teams that knock them out of the postseason. Like someone who watches a soap opera, you love to see your least favorite characters knocked off. When someone hurts one of your favorite characters, any reason that existed before goes out the door- you just hate them for hurting your poor [insert player here].

Marchand shat on the Canucks in 2011, and injured Salo. To you, he is the devil's spawn. That's your perspective. I'm not condoning the dirty part of his game. But to tell me I'm wrong for saying he is a fantastic hockey player is pathetic on your part. Don't bother responding if you're going to say something that stupid.

Bravo. I am no fan of him either but the disgusting comments in this thread reinforce the notion that "true Canuck fans" are the most cretinous sports fans going, cheering with genuine blood lust whenever any "enemy" player gets hurt. I find this attitude nauseating, and so do most REAL hockey fans. That Karma that so many of you keep bringing up could well be the karma that gets Burrows a broken face or Kesler a concussion the next time he takes a dive, maybe Lou tears his groin or Lappy gets checked from behind into the boards resulting in a broken neck. The problem is that it is contagious and I find myself thinking how it would be poetic justice for a Canuck to get hurt in similar fashion which I will readily admit is a truly unworthy thought. We should be trying to be the classiest fans in the league not the most moronic and mean spirited. Some class people, please!

#85 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Speak for yourself. I know I certainly wouldn't love him. I'd actually be disgusted with MG for bringing him to our team.

Some agitators would bring the "love to have, hate to play against" mentality, but not marchand. He's crossed the line too many times

#86 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

Bravo. I am no fan of him either but the disgusting comments in this thread reinforce the notion that "true Canuck fans" are the most cretinous sports fans going, cheering with genuine blood lust whenever any "enemy" player gets hurt. I find this attitude nauseating, and so do most REAL hockey fans. That Karma that so many of you keep bringing up could well be the karma that gets Burrows a broken face or Kesler a concussion the next time he takes a dive, maybe Lou tears his groin or Lappy gets checked from behind into the boards resulting in a broken neck. The problem is that it is contagious and I find myself thinking how it would be poetic justice for a Canuck to get hurt in similar fashion which I will readily admit is a truly unworthy thought. We should be trying to be the classiest fans in the league not the most moronic and mean spirited. Some class people, please!

You are forgetting one important thing here. None of those Canucks takes runs at opposing players. Taking a dive, or getting under someone's skin is not even close to taking a run at someone. And I have no idea why you would include Lu in this, what's he ever done to anyone?

While I agree that some fans are going overboard, don't think that the Canucks are on the same level as marchand.

#87 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

lol some thick skin people, please! Honestly, go cry somewhere else thelma!!
Posted Image

#88 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,259 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Outside of the one extremely bad incident, Keith isn't a dirty player.

Is that your final answer?

#89 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

If he wasn't cheapshotting and acting/diving like a little biotch that he is, yes, I'd like him on our team too. But the reason why nobody except Bruins fans have ANY sympathy for Marchand is because of all the high risky injuries that he brings to his game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ7MWYYtZ8Q

Oh my God, this is the defining moment of Jack Edwards' career in broadcasting. Complete homeristic view... Keeps going on about how Niskanen misses his punches but he actually punched Marchand at the side of his helmet..

marchand is on the same level as cooke and that is a disgrace to the league.

Cooke came back with a new attitude. He knew that what he was doing ended player's careers. After his last suspension, he admitted himself that he had to change his game the minute he stepped back on the ice and thats what he did. Cooke realizes that he injures people, Marchand does not. And that is why he will not be getting any sort of sympathy from anyone in the league.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#90 NZCanuck

NZCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:35 PM

Eager injured and now Marchand? Looks like the NHL did have a plan in place to win back fans haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.