The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hockey News Salo interview

Haha he's so politically correct saying that his favourite NHL sweater is Tampa's :P

I was at the game where he got hit in the face. Gosh I still remember the hush that fell over the arena. People were just in shock I think. It was really nasty.

Glad he's found a new home in Tampa. Miss him on the Canucks though

Haha he's so politically correct saying that his favourite NHL sweater is Tampa's :P

I was at the game where he got hit in the face. Gosh I still remember the hush that fell over the arena. People were just in shock I think. It was really nasty.

Glad he's found a new home in Tampa. Miss him on the Canucks though

Not that it matters much, but that wasn't a slap shot. I thought I remembered it happening somewhere around the neutral zone area so I looked it up and sure enough Edler was dumping the puck in with a wrist shot. That was a sad game since Bieksa got cut in that game also and they lost 2-0.

Anyway Tampa are a bit more likable with Salo on the team.

Not that it matters much, but that wasn't a slap shot. I thought I remembered it happening somewhere around the neutral zone area so I looked it up and sure enough Edler was dumping the puck in with a wrist shot. That was a sad game since Bieksa got cut in that game also and they lost 2-0.

Anyway Tampa are a bit more likable with Salo on the team.

I think Salo was a very underappreciated, underrated player while he was here.

I think we should have coughed up the $ and paid him what he's worth. I'd say he'd probably be the best or second best defenseman on the team right now.

Garrison @ $4.6 or Salo at $3.7..............I know which one I'd prefer.

Salo has 5 points and is leading the league in plus/minus @ +10

Garrison has 2 points and is a plus 4

I can't say that I've ever taken a slapshot in the face from someone like Eddie, but I have over the years, been hit in the face by about a half dozen pucks. (and I have the scars to prove it ;) ) The funny thing is, it's not particularly painful, (at first) it's more of a stunning sensation, as if you just took a Mike Tyson punch.

Once the stitches are in and the freezing wears off, then the pain sets in...

I think Salo was a very underappreciated, underrated player while he was here.

I think we should have coughed up the $ and paid him what he's worth. I'd say he'd probably be the best or second best defenseman on the team right now.

Garrison @ $4.6 or Salo at $3.7..............I know which one I'd prefer.

Salo has 5 points and is leading the league in plus/minus @ +10

Garrison has 2 points and is a plus 4

I cant think of an all around better D man who has played for Vancouver than Salo..... He was so sound defensively , had a hard shot and could contribute offensively even though he played second fiddle to Jovo, Ohlund, Ehrhoff and even Edler to a degree.

He may not have thrown many body checks but his angles and smart play would rarely ever let him get beat.

As I write this with a goose egg and stitches over my left eye, I agree. It wasn't too bad getting hit. Didn't feel too much worse than taking a soccer ball to the face surprisingly, but once that freezing wears off the throbbing just won't end.

Still not as bad as my friend who last game took it right to the teeth. Bottom 2 fronts went almost 90 degrees back. Definitely had me cringing (though he got better pain meds so he wasn't too bothered haha). Skulls can take pucks alright, teeth not so much. Youch.

Archived