Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strombone1

Spotted at PIT/WSH game - Mike Gillis and Laurence Gilman

393 posts in this topic

looks like MG will scouting the panthers/winnipeg game on tuesday..........there must be something big going on if the Gm go personally to watch the game

If MG acquires another $4M defenseman, I'm going to go buy a Flames sweater. :)

It could also be a three team trade and the team Lu goes too isn't either the pens or the caps..

If MG acquires another $4M defenseman, I'm going to go buy a Flames sweater. :)

You won't get Forsberg. Kuznetsov won't come over for at least 2 years if at all.

I'd be happy with one of MoJo, Carlsson or Kalzner.

+ a veteran roster player like Brouwer.

Burrows is the life of the Canucks, he does it all, one of the hardest workers out there, trading him would be a HUGE loss.

Carlson doesn't really fit on our team right now, especially with Ballard and Tanev doing so well. We could always trade Ballard, but he is actually adding a lot to our team.

Alternatively we could flip Carlsson for Couturier

If we're going for a top forward, it's gotta be Forsberg or Kuznetsov. Forget about Johansson. He's a good player, but I don't see potential star with him. We need an exciting player that gets fans out of their seats. That's what would make the deal a win for fans.

If we're going for a top defenseman, it's gotta be Carlsson or Alzner. Carlsson would more likely be a straight up deal, since he has alot of value.

So something like:

Forsberg or Kuznetsov and Alzner

or

Carlsson and Brouwer

Each deal would require us to add either a defenseman or a winger IMO.

Carlson doesn't really fit on our team right now, especially with Ballard and Tanev doing so well. We could always trade Ballard, but he is actually adding a lot to our team.

Alternatively we could flip Carlsson for Couturier

Who would he bump? Kesler or Henrik?

We don't need a 6.5 million dollar third line center. Plus the caps wouldn't trade him anyways. He's their best player behind Ovechkin.

Realistically their only scouting WSH players. PIT doesn't need a goalie. Bet their looking at Johansson, Alzner, Carlson. Not sure which prospects they have in the lineup?

what?

How is Alzner better than Brouwer?

I agree. Gillis is probably trying to re-visit Carlson. Maybe Ward or Brouwer for some more top-nine grit.

If we're going for a top forward, it's gotta be Forsberg or Kuznetsov. Forget about Johansson. He's a good player, but I don't see potential star with him. We need an exciting player that gets fans out of their seats. That's what would make the deal a win for fans.

If we're going for a top defenseman, it's gotta be Carlsson or Alzner. Carlsson would more likely be a straight up deal, since he has alot of value.

So something like:

Forsberg or Kuznetsov and Alzner

or

Carlsson and Brouwer

Each deal would require us to add either a defenseman or a winger IMO.

His cap hit is actually 4.5 million. Who cares how much he takes home?